Leather seats query

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

payaya
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by payaya »

so can i pick up in the city? if not how much is it to deliver from one part of the city to another part?
devil2004
Grease Monkey

Post by devil2004 »

Have you recieved my payment Max?
I'm dying to get them.... :lol:
pagan
Grease Monkey

Post by pagan »

im in the west subs so not even 5 min from city... i can pick mine up and give you the money then. actually i can come anywhere and get em, you name the time and place. just seems easier, plus i am sort of in between two houses at the moment... olds are in europe and im a few days at home then a few days at their place, so i may not be at the delivery address for several days when the del arrives.
I'm a sinner, yet forgive me nothing. I'm a heathen, but forever free.

The band yours-truly plays in
www.geocities.com/elysiumsshadow
Dark Fantasy Metal - Demo out soon!
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

Melbourne buyers can collect it from city during business hours, as long as a day notice is given. Alternatively, you can come to Northcote, - after hours, my house – to collect the covers. Again drop me a pm, and I will tell you the address and my mobile.

Postage costs about $16 to NSW, $12 to VIC.

I will post most of the items this Saturday. It is just so hard to do it when I am at work. Covers are bulky and heavy. So, Australian buyers, please make sure I receive the balance by Saturday.

Overseas buyers, please wait till Saturday. I will get an exact quote from post office, and then you guys can send me the total cost. Once I receive the balance, I will send the covers immediately.
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

Just picked mine up then :D.
Quality is excelent although im not sure if the colour will match my red fto.
But we'll see i guess. It doesnt look too bad agaisnt my red floor in my room.
Can't wait to start the process of putting em on!
What equip will we need?

Cheers for your efforts max.

Tim
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

Balance Received
hnm738
Twolitre
Kazbah
thecook
tw
alku83
dannyboyau
tv2408
fto617
DVSJHONNYB
TimmyD
mrx
shue
devil2004
fto338
pagan

Seat Covers Sent
TimmyD (2/8/05)
fto617 (2/8/05)
fto338 (2/8/05)
mrx (3/8/05)
tv2408 (3/8/05)
thecook (4/8/05)
pagan (6/8/05)
hnm738 (6/8/05)
sunraider (6/8/05)
twolitre (6/8/05)
kazbah (6/8/05)
devil2004 (6/8/05)
dannybouau (6/8/05)
tw (6/8/05)
Last edited by mxysxy on Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

TimmyD wrote: What equip will we need?
Tim
Check out Boris instructions, & lots & lots of elbow grease :wink: Which color did you end up getting?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

FTO338 wrote:
TimmyD wrote: What equip will we need?
Tim
Check out Boris instructions, & lots & lots of elbow grease :wink: Which color did you end up getting?

Hmm, elbow grease..? Where can i get some of this?? heheh. :P

Wheres boris's instructions?
I got beige, which when i first picked them up looked a little too brownish and wouldnt match red. But now ive had em for an hour or so, they look good :P so im interested to see how it'll look in my car.

What colour did u get? Have you put em in yet?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Here you go :wink:

http://www.boryadesign.net/fto/my/seats/frontseats.zip

As i said, i got the maroon, which is more like dark red, so i'm very happy since thats the colour i'm originally after :D & i only got the back seats & extra material for the side panel.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

And the list of euip is.. :D

We need writtin instructions as well as boris's pics so we can install these like boris's.

Tim
devil2004
Grease Monkey

Post by devil2004 »

I heard you need heaps of cable ties in all different lengths and pliers to take the rings off but don't quote me on that.

COOL! I'm gonna get them soon. can't wait. I'd like to say a BIG THANK YOU to Max on behalf of everyone for organising this group buy. I hope it was as fun for you as it was for us. hehe.... :oops:
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

hehehe, i went and bought 800 cable ties from k-mart.
But going from boris's pics we need some kind of extra wire? whats that for?
and how do we take the seats out of the car?
fto617
Veteran Mechanic

Post by fto617 »

hmm... yea i agree it would be really nice if someone very nice write up a full instruction on how to do everything!!!
i have not the slightest clue:(
devil2004
Grease Monkey

Post by devil2004 »

The front seats have 4 bolts holding the rails which bolt onto the floor of the car. Unbolt the 4 of these and you'll be able to pull the front seats out.
NOTE: there is also a seat belt warning light cable connected to the driver's seat. Disconnect that before taking the driver's seat out.

The back seats are easy. There are two black plastic rings under the seats, one on each end. Pull both of them softly and the bottom of the seat should pop up. Then just lift it out. The back part of the rear seat is then held in my two bolts, one at the bottom of each side. Undo these bolts and lift the seat towards the rear windscreen and you should be able to lift it out.

Hope this helps. :D
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

yeh im pretty stuck haha... picked up the seat covers last nite, from what i understand from the pics, u have to first take off the seat covers by removing those metal clip things...

on the leather seat covers, did u guyz make wholes in them so u can put the cable ties thru?

im trying to do the back bottom part, the leather cover for it doesnt seems to fit the seat, but doesnt seem to have much length for me to hold it into place... (it looks like the leather seat cover for the bottom back seat covers only the visible parts of the seat, not the sides where u need to cable tie it to the seat)...
sunraider
Grease Monkey

Post by sunraider »

Hi all.

ALL SYDNEYSIDERS ATTENTION!

Once everyone has paid for their seat covers and they have all been recieved (hopefully by end of next week i.e. 12/08/05) we should all get together as a group to help each other install them. Im sure it would be quicker.

Kazbah and Wildflower you guys still in?

Im suggesting the date of saturday or sunday morning 20/08/05 -21/08/05 when we are all ready to hook them on.

Can someone give us a list of the stuff we will need to put them together (Boris?) e.g.
Cable ties
screwdrivers
any nuts/bolts? etc.

Interested parties please advise so we can decide on a venue.
fto617
Veteran Mechanic

Post by fto617 »

count me in sunraider!
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

Is there any buyer from VIC, feeling too lazy to put their seat covers on, and willing to pay someone to do it?
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

lol me :?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

The door panel YES hahahhahaha