EOI: Front and Rear Strut Braces

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

paladin
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

EOI: Front and Rear Strut Braces

Post by paladin »

wanted: front and rear strut braces, perfer cusco but must be a matching pair.
will bay good $
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

hehehe. I guess, i can see why i'm in the same boat as you....
I don't think there will be a good deal as D-Trains for a while. :cry:

Anyway if your buying them from a a shop/place then let me know as i'm interested in a front one. I was thinking of getting one from Kempies NZ...

Boris

[edit] LOL, Post #1000!
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hmmm i think i mention this before, you can use the CE Lancer strut braces for FTO, so if you go to Lancer forum, you might able to pick up a cheap set of Cusco, Whiteline.......etc.

My strut braces were originally from EVO IV, which are CE Lancer base, & i know the the rear one is Cusco, but don't know the front one though.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

yeah a mate picked up a set of cuscos for 250 for his gsr and i am asking him to look out for me on his club sites :/
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

dave, boris.........group buy maybe??

I'm interested in some struts as well, you know, so i can strut my stuff. :roll:
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

I am in the same boat as you guys... that'll teach me for thinking it over for a night :roll:

I'd be interested in a group buy too.
LED ALL the things.
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

sounds like a plan ppl
now all we need is a decent supplyer!
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

well if you guys happened to find some one or some where then please let me know as well as I'm interesed in the rear one.

Thank you,
Boris
Oldtimer

Post by Boris »

Well if what Kev says is right. Then there are lot's of strut bars on ebay. The problem is that they are all no name brands, pretty much. Pretty cheap but.

Do the rear ones fits as well? from the CE lancer or just the front ones?
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

well using the white line part numbers, they both fit (same part numbers on FTO and lancer) so i cant see why not

though it would be nice to have at least whiteline of cusco name branding. the ones on ebay arnt to bad though, they look solid and very simular to the whiteline ones
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Boris wrote: Do the rear ones fits as well? from the CE lancer or just the front ones?
Yep as i said my front & rear are originally from EVO IV (CE Lancer), the owner of that EVO decided to put a full roller cage.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

I think there is at least enough interest to move this to "Group Buys" as an "Expression of Interest" thread.

Where's a moderator when you need one :roll:

Oh...
Right... :wink:
LED ALL the things.
NorthQLDFTO
Grease Monkey

Post by NorthQLDFTO »

Just letting you all know I'll be in on this, front & rear for me :D
If I Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Said "If I Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Said <...>" Well... Then... I'd... Have A Dollar For Every Time Somone Said "If I Had A Dollar For Every Time Someone Said <...>"!!!
ScottyTav
Apprentice

Post by ScottyTav »

Don't UAS sell them for $195? Are they any good? I am going to get one after my CAI.
Luca
Grease Monkey

Post by Luca »

I have just gone through this process. So I can tell you what little I know.

UAS as at early December had the steel front braces, but not the lightweight alloy ones, with no plan to make more. This may have changed though, so you'd best call to check.

Anyway, I called Whiteline for their front strut brace. They make them in Batches, and do runs when there is sufficient interest. When I placed the order there was some confusion on their end as to which model number fitted the FTO. After much to-ing and fro-ing I drove down to the Sydney office in Minno (there is no T in Minto :p) to get them to try each one.

The one that fits is model # 578, which I have bought and fitted. It's super light and is shaped to leave plenty of room around the engine. The one problem with it is the bonnet clearance. On my FTO it actually touches the bonnet very lightly, so I have added rubber pads to protect the bonnet and brace.

The effect on chassis rigidity is definitely noticeable, and I'm glad I made the purchase.

If anyone would like photos or more info, email/PM me and I'll be glad to send you some pics.

Cheers,
Luca
ScottyTav
Apprentice

Post by ScottyTav »

Yes Please. My email is scotty_tav@yahoo.com.au Thanks!
sunraider
Grease Monkey

Post by sunraider »

would you be able to tell us how much it cost? and also please email me the pics.

Is there anywhere else we would be able to Cuscos cheaper if we did a group buy and they were made for the Lancer (im supposing it might be heaps cheaper than the FTO ones?).

I'll ask one of my mates and see what else I may be able to find.
sunraider
Grease Monkey

Post by sunraider »

Hey guys,

I just found the following co. that does the Cusco struts for the mitsubishi (Type OS) which are the same ones being sold on Funky Product for 120 GBP (293 AUS).

These are basically 155 USD which turns out to 197 AUS, but maybe I can give them a call and ask if they would be able to do it for about 120 USD which would be 150 AUS if we buy in bulk (+postage if we all post together).

Lemme just get the quote and update it here when I get it to give you guys an idea of how much we're looking at.

UPDATED: the link is as follows:
http://www.rxecret7.com/custbaos.html
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

you may find postage is the killer.... they wanted 20 US just to post a oil cap to me... strut will cost considerably more.
fto12345
Mechanic

Post by fto12345 »

What about the rear ones?

Is any one looking into the rear ones as well?