D2 Racing coil overs PRICING!

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

paladin
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

D2 Racing coil overs PRICING!

Post by paladin »

Just flicking through the recent speed mag (yes grant we see you) i noticed some australian made coil overs by D2 racing. from the little i know of coil overs tehy look rather good value for money (sub 2.5k). i have taken the liberty to e-mail them in a request for figgers for a group buy.

anybody heard of htem before?
Last edited by paladin on Fri May 27, 2005 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EOI - 96 GPX Brembos, Trust zorst, hks airpod, red seats, 17's
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Yes, i've seen them on a 180sx, & a ITR DC5 before, they like Hot Bitz, which are Australian company that copy some of the Jap brand with good quality parts & not one of those made in China crap.

So yeah good luck with the group buy. :D
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
wildfaye
Grease Monkey

Post by wildfaye »

I thot they were taiwanese?!
HRD2BQT
Grease Monkey

Post by HRD2BQT »

Yes D2 are Taiwan made....but one good thing about this though is that they have a Rebuild/ Service Facility in Sydney as oppose to most JDM brand that doesnt.

I also think they are value for money.
Eoh Rimando
J-Spec MotorWorks
ABN 26 086 418 755
[url=http://z8.invisionfree.com/tgz_gc/index.php?showforum=23]J-Spec MotorWorks[/url] [b]<---click here [color=Red]NOW TAKING ORDERS!!![/color][/b]
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Opps :oops: sorry, i thought D2 was aussie.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

hows thei for cred... they are used in the UAS drag 300zx... take the uas part howevery ou like it ;)
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

today i recived this e-mail in response and i have to say i am pleased with the response (pricing is at hte bottem). I am thinking that it would be best to do this in july as everyone would have their tax returns by then?

Dear David

Thank you for your interest in our coilovers

We will do our best to assist the group buy for you. Please find below some of the key features of our suspensions

Our suspensions:

Full mono-tube gas and oil strut centre, adjustable valves.

Linear rate spring with chrome silicon metal alloy, available from 5 to 15 kg/cm

Top turning knob to adjust damper and rebound up to 36 ways.

Lightweight 6061 powder coated aluminium

Teflon thread coated to prevent rust and corrosion

Pillow ball top mount

Fully height adjustable up to 120mm

*For more information please visit our website www.d2racingsports.com.au

The RRP for FTO is AUD 2040, if you purchase 5 sets we will offer you AUD 1640 per set; if you order over 5 sets, we can negotiate further discount, not a problem.
Slither
Mechanic

Post by Slither »

Thats a damn good discount!! 8O
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

im going to get my suspension checked when i get my next service (6 weeks or so). Im sure im very close to needed new shocks / bushes etc.. (judging by the noisy ride) and at that price I would be very interested.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Thats a dam good price for adjustable suspension with top mount pillows. Well done mate.
MrFT000
Mechanic

Post by MrFT000 »

thats pretty damn big discount just for 5 sets....
nice work Dave.
My pic was too big.
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

i confirmed hte price too.. best single retail price i oculd fidn today was 1980!

so fellas can we have a line up?
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

That's a pretty sweet discount to be honest.

How would these compare to the Fulcrum Formula coilover kit?
It's not rate adjustable, just height. Springs are progressive King springs I heard, while the shocks are bilstein.

Just wondering how these two compare performance wise.
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

By the way does it have to be for an FTO?
Even though I think Lancer and FTO suspension will be interchangable...

PS. I checked the spring rates on their site and they are damned stiff!!!
I thought my coilovers were stiff, compared to these they are soft!
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

the parts for the lancer shocks are all different but i am thinking we can group buy other stuff too (going to neg for some MR2 ones for my misses as well)

as these are fully adjsutable, rate hight and camber i imagine they are more virsitle though i dont know how good they are compared to blitzen etc, but if you look in the site theres a test and full explanation of how hte test was run, always a good sign the specs are genuine
mike
Apprentice

Post by mike »

Hey

I was planning on looking at my suspension as my first mod. This sounds like a pretty good deal. Would be good to speak with someone who has them in their car. There is a very good chaance I will be in on this.

BTW - What Lancer/FTO suspension parts are interchangable?

Mike
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

I think they are all interchangable.

Put it this way, on my lancer, the strut braces fit on both my car and an FTO.
At the front, I have the FTO knuckles which bolt straight into my lancer suspension arm and lancer strut. So I am sure the fronts fit.

Now the back... I have FTO trailing arms, FTO lower suspension arms and FTO swaybar on struts for a lancer.

And, HRD2BQT has FTO Tein coilovers in his car... therefore I think they are interchangable.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

Paladin, if u could also PM me about the prices of the coilovers for the MR2. Thanks :)
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

okay heres hte deal so far

they WILL allow multiple types of cars fro the group buy (prices will be slightly different but from what i understand more likly cheaper)

and as a added !bonus! they will have custom springs made for those who use their cars mainly for street but a little track (ie softer then track but harder then street springs) that they dotn normally do for individuals

so if your worried about drive ability, you can get any spring ratey ou want within reason
TheSentry
Grease Monkey

Post by TheSentry »

I've been looking at purchasing D2 coilovers for my car for awhile and spoke to the managing director of the Australian outfit at Autosalon. He showed me one of the coilovers and gave me a run down on everything plus all the adjustments that were possible.

So yeah, if the group buy goes ahead count me in. :)
[img]http://users.bigpond.net.au/sentry/sig.jpg[/img]