Group Buy: Front bar for well under 1k? Update: pics on pg 2

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Camo
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Group Buy: Front bar for well under 1k? Update: pics on pg 2

Post by Camo »

Hey guys,

wondering how many people are interested in getting a front bodykit that is a bit different from the rest. A custom made front that looks sexy and that nobody else has.

It will cost under 1k inc kit, spray and delivery and probably fitting too!

Looking for at least 5 people, hopefully 10 (although i do realise this may be a lot)

Obviously you will all want to see pics, and when i get them so will you ;)

atm just looking for interest to see if we can go ahead with it =)

So, post up and let me know, we can see if we can get the ball rolling =)
Last edited by Camo on Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imperial
Apprentice

Post by Imperial »

My front bumper is stuffed, so im deffinatly keen. But would like to see some pics...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Few things comes in mind..

1.)I guess once you got the pics up, you get more interest. And since your FTO is series 1, I assume this design is base on series 1?

2.)Is it possible for just getting the front bumper, if so how much, as I assume your package deal is done in one place??
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Camo
Grease Monkey

Post by Camo »

as i said pics will be here as soon as i get them

atm i am only looking at getting the front bumper done
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Hmmmm i don't think you understand my questions then, so let me make it a little bit clear for you.
Camo wrote: A custom made front that looks sexy and that nobody else has.
Series 1 or 2?
Camo wrote:It will cost under 1k inc kit, spray and delivery and probably fitting too!
I'm only interested for the front bumper, don't need spray, or fitting.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Camo
Grease Monkey

Post by Camo »

ahhh i thought you were talking about side skirts...

i was just factoring in the cost of spraying and fitting, as it comes it will be just the fiberglass kit, not sprayed.

as for the series, i am unaware of differences in fitting between the series, but i will look into it and find out.

The other day (on the vic black spur run) i damaged my front, and after talking with some people it seems that it wouldnt be that much more expensive to get a new, specially designed kit.

i have a guy getting together some designs and he will be getting the pics to me asap.

he is very experienced and said it wont be too expensive, cheap if we can get 5 people, even cheaper if we can get 10 =)
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Series 1 (94-early 96)

Series 2 (Late 96-00)

ahahha Camo you lucky Mil wasn't there or leading, as your front bumper would of ripped out by now ehehehe, & black spur are much smoother road then others Mil had took us before :cry:
Camo
Grease Monkey

Post by Camo »

yeah i know the different stock styles, just not sure about the actual fitting differences. like if they have the same mounts and fit the rest of the body the same...

the kit the guys makes will be kind of along the lines of a Carrera GT.

to give you an idea, take the series 1 kit, and chop out the section under the main hole, add a bigger lip in the front, and the whole lot will sit 50mm lower. Also something different done with the side lights.

wont be too 'out there' but will look stylish and sexy.

now my boss is throwing pens at me so i will get off the internet so i had better go and abuse him before i get back on here ;)
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Both front bumper had the same mount just the lights mounts aren't, from what you saying its similar to Indy's or Mikey's front.

Mikey's

Indy's

Camo
Grease Monkey

Post by Camo »

ok boss dealt with....

yes probably will be similiar to Indy's 'u like' front bar, although it hasnt been totally designed yet, so therefore, if you have a specific design request, now is the time to make it =)
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Indy's bar is the dcautro front lip and stock bar merged together, with that centre bit cut out. It looks hot.

Make those :)

I currently have a series one bar with a d'cautro lip attached to it (but thats damaged) and i'm looking to replace both bits.

It would be even better if you could do the kit + clear series two lights like in mikeys. Either way, the more it looks like the d'cautro front lip attachment the happier i'll be.

edit: oh and a nice grill with "FTO" on it somewhere would be awesome too. I need a grill to hide the rusty bottom mounts of my radiator
Camo
Grease Monkey

Post by Camo »

it will be a totally custom job, not choping and changing with other bits, but will probably still look similiar.

as for the clear sides, i will be getting them too, so i can add that in as a group buy here also.

if you want FTO written in the front grill that can be done also.
FTOluv
Veteran Mechanic

Post by FTOluv »

ahahha Camo you lucky Mil wasn't there or leading, as your front bumper would of ripped out by now ehehehe, & black spur are much smoother road then others Mil had took us before
hey! :o i didnt mean that detour!! u know i had to pick a different route after Ethan got lost! Next time u lead Kev, so we can maintain speeds of 50km/h!! :lol:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well we do have to stick to "50kmph" in a residential area don't we :wink: And even at "50kmph", i've still got 2 ppl behind me trying to catch up ehhehe
Camo
Grease Monkey

Post by Camo »

thread hijackers :x

:D
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Well if the bar gets made and looks something remotely like indy's then count me in for sure. To replace my main front bar, plus the lip, and have it all sprayed is gonna cost well over a grand :(
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Bozz kit looks suspiciously like Indy and Mikey's D'Cuarto hibred kits.

I want a new front bar badly, but don't have the cash to get a new bar (650) and the cuatro lip (450) and have it all sprayed and assembled (300-500).
Camo
Grease Monkey

Post by Camo »

the wait is annoying, but i should have the pics on the 18th or 19th june and will post them up here as soon as i get them =)

i'm waiting excitedly for them =D
mrx
Veteran Mechanic

Post by mrx »

Definitely interested.....love the ULIKE front bar. Anything similar, and I am in!
Camo
Grease Monkey

Post by Camo »

wikkid =)

the more people the cheaper it is for everyone =)

so interested people so far include:

Camo
scarecrow
FTO338
Imperial
mrx

When i get pics i will post them up and we can see if its worth going ahead with =)