Group Buy: Front bar for well under 1k? Update: pics on pg 2

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

EURO
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by EURO »

apparently they threw it out after no one showed any interest.

Kev has already contacted them.
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Alright, i'm in but on a couple of conditions.
1/ Cost including postage <$600
2/ There's another NSW member getting it too who can pick the fitting and spraying place so I don't have to make a decision :)
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

did u guys go ahead with the front bar or did u scrap the idea?
Camo
Grease Monkey

Post by Camo »

I suppose it has been put on hold for a bit.

its still there as an option, just doesnt seem to be much interest here at the moment.

If anyone is keen though i'm sure he will make just one or 2, might be a bit more expensive.
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

you guys should read about topstage from nissan exa in regards to their bonnets before buying...
EOI - 96 GPX Brembos, Trust zorst, hks airpod, red seats, 17's
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

paladin wrote:you guys should read about topstage from nissan exa in regards to their bonnets before buying...
\

not sure, what your referring to paladin in regards to the posts..... I have spoken to freddy a few times and seen a few of the airboxes he has done.....
paladin
Mechanic

Post by paladin »

euro, goto www.nissanexa.com and look up carbon fiber bonnets and youll find a few things...

lon story shrot a lot of the threads had to be wiped because of arguments about the work... one person ended up with 3 bad bonnets and i mean BAD
EOI - 96 GPX Brembos, Trust zorst, hks airpod, red seats, 17's
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

oh ok, must have read different area on the forum, as a lot of people seemed pretty happy with theres?

I think the guy, is still new to his craft. I heard he is making every panel on his car out of carbon fibre... so hopefully once that is done he will have perfected it! still its weird that some guys got perfect bonnets and some didnt.....

I know my mates heatshield / airbox looks very cool and very secure, but it didnt 'look' 100% professional if that makes sense.
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

Camo wrote:I suppose it has been put on hold for a bit.

its still there as an option, just doesnt seem to be much interest here at the moment.

If anyone is keen though i'm sure he will make just one or 2, might be a bit more expensive.
yea neither could i generate enough interest for the rocker cover either. my cf plans are on hold for a bit coz fixin my motor is on top of my list at the moment and im off on holiday in sep as well. did u get your airbox made as yet or did u scrap that idea as well?
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

not yet shue. I want to change my intake pipe first so want to make sure I can do this without changing my air filter etc first. Dont want to have the airbox made, then when I change the intake pipe the filter doesnt fit (and or pipe etc).

Will still get it done, but once my i get the pipe done first.
jayfromukftooc
Grease Monkey

Post by jayfromukftooc »

Camo wrote:ok boss dealt with....

yes probably will be similiar to Indy's 'u like' front bar, although it hasnt been totally designed yet, so therefore, if you have a specific design request, now is the time to make it =)
already made one of the indy ones an selling it ere in the uk.
top class front is that :wink:
WWW.JJ-STYLING-ONLINE.CO.UK

CLIK the LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

haha mate u'll havta put yeah prices down if u gonna sell down unda.
jc133480
Apprentice

Post by jc133480 »

just to get this kicking again I'd be interested in the HKS lookalike

Whats the status in this ?

Martin
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

dude, this tread is dead, anyway if your new here gettin a hks front in aus is pretty hard, i had organised a group buy for some front bars etc to be sent from the uk. we are still waiting for them to arrive but what i do know is the bloke making them jay does also have a hks look alike front bar. get in touch with him and he could send u one down to oz.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

HKS front bar are still availible in Japan, but they like $1200 landed in Oz. :?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
Atreyu
Grease Monkey

I WANT INDYS!!

Post by Atreyu »

i want indys bar, thats what i want my fto to look like.. that kit.. im in if i get the spray and fitted as you said. :D let us know how much?
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

this group buy never took off bro. been dead for awhile now