RPW Extractors *Close*

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by G_A_V »

1. Spetz (6A12 Lancer, HPC Coated)
2. Gavin (6a12 Non Mivec)
3. Dimi (6a12 Non Mivec)
4. Barfy (6a12 Mivec)
5. fto617 (6a12 Mivec)
6. Bucket (6a12 Mivec)
7. Pato ( 6a12 mivec ) ..... almost there!
8. Ph3var (6a12 Mivec, HPC Coated)
9. shue
11. (Yay we made the cut)

ONE MORE !!!!
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Someone must buy some.
Or atleast put a deposit down!

Should we start filling out order forms and leave a note it is for the group buy so we don't waste any extra time?

One more person has to creep up from somewhere!
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

Mitsiman wrote:That woudl be no problem as long as it is a garaunteed sale it woudl meet the critera of the group sale. If you were able to put a deposit up of even $50.00 then I know you are definitly taking a set. ONce we got a deposit, september would be no problem.
yea cool i guess i could put the deposit and then when im back in first week of sep i could email u and u could send it out. whats cod? is it cash on delivery? sorry i sound dumb now
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

Yes Cod = Cash on delivery, so you get a slip in the mail, take it up to your local post office, and give them the money, and they give you your shinny set of extractors
you do not need to be @ home to get the slip
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Ooooonneeee mooooorrreeee.....

Come on spetz....surely you've got some 6A12 Lancer chums who need extractors!? :P
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

cool. done deal then. let me know what to do and how to put the deposit down . btw mine is for a mivec. no hpc coating. pm me your email details as well so in sep i can email u and tell u to mail them out to me
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

No Bucket... I am one of a kind ;)
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

what happened to the group buy ? are we still gettin the extractors?
Anubis
Grease Monkey

Post by Anubis »

Before I decide I wanna buy a set of these what the hell is HPC Coated? Sorry if it is a n00b question ...
The greatest battles we will ever fight are with our own minds...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

You DO want these. Have a read of the previous pages of this thread for def. on HPC.
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

from what ive read they reduce engine bay temps by about 1/3rd
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

Question:

- Would these extractors give more low-end or high-end performance?
- How much I can sell my old stock extractors for?

Regards
ftoboi
Apprentice

Post by ftoboi »

if you've got a auto then theres probably no point spending so much money, because the gains i've experienced are very minimal... but i've been in manual fto's which go like a shower of sheet after baving rpw extractors put in. 0-100 times will not improve at all for auto's, probably will have improvements past the 100kph mark though, but how often are you going to going to go that quick :) I guess it also depends on what you've already had done, i already had after market exhaust and intake installed.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I had pretty damn good gain from these (mines a manual btw.) A small gain down low, but most gains experienced at high revs. And yes, for all those putting these on, max gains are acheived by completing the exhaust system out to the tail & not just plumbing these into the stock cat & pipes. I went for a 2 1/2" stainless systems, high flow cats & mufflers. Car certainly pulls a greased stick out of dogs a*s now :D
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

ftoboi wrote:if you've got a auto then theres probably no point spending so much money, because the gains i've experienced are very minimal... but i've been in manual fto's which go like a shower of sheet after baving rpw extractors put in. 0-100 times will not improve at all for auto's, probably will have improvements past the 100kph mark though, but how often are you going to going to go that quick :) I guess it also depends on what you've already had done, i already had after market exhaust and intake installed.
There were a test on HPI on both Tip Vs Man FTO, & there hardly anything in it. Most people who have a set of extractor are actually got Tip as well.
mxysxy wrote:Question:

- Would these extractors give more low-end or high-end performance?
- How much I can sell my old stock extractors for?
As per PM, the main gains on a GPX is at mid range, as Bennoz pointed out, its all depends on what mod you already got on your car.

Your old stock extractor are basically worth $0. Unless someone manage to crack or broke one, then it might worth something.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
ftoboi
Apprentice

Post by ftoboi »

i've read that HPI article too, however that was just based on my own before / after driving experience with rpw extractors. i've been in a couple of manual fto's with these extractors and i noticed a significant difference, whereas in my case the resulting performance increase did not justify the outlay, in my opinion.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Just out of curious, what mod have you got ftoboi?
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
ftoboi
Apprentice

Post by ftoboi »

i have only minor modifications,
apexi N1 exhaust system
cold air intake kit
upgraded suspension (God knows what brand)

i take it FTO338 that your car is quite modified? And to satisfy my curiosity, how quick does your tip with your mods get you from 0 - 100, 1/4 mile?

I havent tested for quarter mile before but my 0-100 is around 7.5 - 8 seconds.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Since i never took it to a drag strip, I never had the chance to tested 0-100 or 1/4 miles before. FTO is just a spare car for me to get to work daily. Which only do 2.8km between 5 lights & 2 roundabouts each way heheehehe so I don't really bother to do anymore testing.

But i do have 2 dyno result if that helps

on 3rd it pull 125kwatw
on 4th it pull 102.3kwatw

It started off with 90kwatw
barfy
Mechanic

Post by barfy »

[quote="FTO338"]Since i never took it to a drag strip, I never had the chance to tested 0-100 or 1/4 miles before. FTO is just a spare car for me to get to work daily. Which only do 2.8km between 5 lights & 2 roundabouts each way heheehehe so I don't really bother to do anymore testing.

But i do have 2 dyno result if that helps

on 3rd it pull 125kwatw
on 4th it pull 102.3kwatw

It started off with 90kwatw[/quote]

So what mods do you have ?? :twisted:
[img]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/barfy76/barfycopy1.jpg[/img]