For those who missed out on the seat cover group buy

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mxysxy
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by mxysxy »

ok boys, i have officially removed my seats from the vehicle and have stripped them of the upholstery.... however now i have some concerns...

1) Is this really a DIY job? there are lots of staples, metal rods, plastic clips and screws encorportated into the seat, i assume these will be used, if so... again, will it be a diy job? i dont really have the tools on me other than a pair of pliars, screw driver set, socket set , knife etc on me. maybe the last group buy guys could help. Especially with the blue material/metal rods bit of it, i cant see how i could put the new 1s onto them... will instructions be provided or can someone do a DIY guide?
This is definately a simple DIY job, only down side is time consuming. You dont need many tools, what you have is enough.
2) i def know im not the only one but the "wear" on the outside of the front seats where u slide into the car... i plan to just fill this with more foam and maybe some silicon to hold it in... any other ideas?
Dont fill up the gaps, just use a glue to stick it together. It will open up again in the future.
3) the top of the rear seat is cooked... i mean COOKED its been sitting in the sun and its a dark poo colour... and no, no1 has shat on it!
will this degrade over time or should i not bother worrying about it and worry about the fact my car has no seats in it and i prob wont get the covers for another week.
Dont worry about this, we all share the same experience.

I will go through that .zip file and add some description to it on the weekend, which will explain all the aspects, which will make it very easy to follow
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

mxysxy wrote:Dont fill up the gaps, just use a glue to stick it together. It will open up again in the future.

I will go through that .zip file and add some description to it on the weekend, which will explain all the aspects, which will make it very easy to follow
a) there is big gap there, and i ended up with ground up foam all over my floor when i took them off, so ill deffinatly pad that metal frame and glue it together i think

b) what zip file?
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

heres my repair job...
i used extra foam, ados glue and some fibreglass tape to prevent it wearing again
Imperial
Apprentice

Post by Imperial »

I just payed the extra $48, can you please confirm payment... Thanks
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

so have you send it yet? :D :D
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

I have given some of you the tracking id,
and the rest of the covers will be shipped during the week, and I will supply the FedEx ID immediately.
All seat covers (that $48 received) will be shipped this week.

Can I please ask to buyers havent paid $48 to pay immediately, otherwise, you will miss this year, and still have to pay it.
swork

Post by swork »

Hi,

I just paid the 48, can you please check on your side. Ive PM you the address of the new owner of my car, can you deliver there instead of my orginal address.

Thanks
jc133480
Apprentice

Post by jc133480 »

Hey I've paid my $48

Will my order make it in the pre-chrisy shipment?
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

well mine arrived today, must say they look spiffy :) however im still uncertain how to get them on in terms of those metal rods... if i take the rods off the seats and slide them into the covers... how do i afix them onto the seat???

and... what the hell is up with the bottom half of the front seats?... now its loose as the old covers were holding it in place with the frame not just the foam seat...

help

P.S. my broadband is down so im using work computer for those of you who have noticed me off msn should be back 19th :(
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

Guys,

I have been writing a DIY on that .zip file, will provide the final version by this Saturday,

so hang on for couple of days, and all will be cleared
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

i was one of the first to pay the $48 and still havent got the tracking number. just want to make sure i havent been forgotten about. im very anxious to get these on :)
jc133480
Apprentice

Post by jc133480 »

Just out of curiousity, has anyone tried swapping the left and right bases for their front seats to solve the issue of the outer foam support wearing. The inner one is allways in much better condition, since they are pretty simetrical I would say it should not be too difficult to swap the left for the right and therefore have the inner side of one become the outside of the other.

I've not taken a close look at the mounting of the seat bases, if they are simetric then its easy, or you may bave to remove the upper foam section and refix it to the opposite base maybe?

thoughts?
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

Cant do.
Mounting is not simetrical.
There is a bolt that attaches bottom to top seat, which is located on different sides for left and right seats
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

robsta wrote:i was one of the first to pay the $48 and still havent got the tracking number. just want to make sure i havent been forgotten about. im very anxious to get these on :)
nah mate i'm the first one but i was told mine been send but still haven't got tracking id :)
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

Guys,
The sets with logo had a delay in production, and only finalised tlast Monday,
However, the sets without logo was received and quality checked.
Thats why the first batch sent was the ones without logo.
Most of the coves will be sent tomorrow and Saturday, so will provide theFedEx id to you all urgently
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

akuma3 wrote:
robsta wrote:i was one of the first to pay the $48 and still havent got the tracking number. just want to make sure i havent been forgotten about. im very anxious to get these on :)
nah mate i'm the first one but i was told mine been send but still haven't got tracking id :)
I said one of the first hehe
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

i did some bodging with the help of a craft knife and some twine:D(and some drugs to fuel me) and got mine on and looking good.... ive just gotta vaccum the car now before puttin the front seats in the car (my now ex threw the vaccum cleaner accross the room and its broken so i have to borrow 1)

ill send u those pics soon as i can but it might take a day as my broadband is still down, but the logo looks awesome.

no, dont reverse the bases... dont know what bolt your talking about but the edges of the seats are up on different angles because of the centre console. just repair what you have

has anyone else got theres?
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

i'm gonna ask a very stupid question

10:36 AM Delivery exception RYDALMERE AU
Customer not available or business closed

8:22 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery RYDALMERE AU

6:16 AM At local FedEx facility

there's no contact on where i can pick up the goods :?
poster
Grease Monkey

Post by poster »

hey mxysxy money is send! u got it ?.. my is the one with white and black with Logo!!~ hehe
thanks
demonjay
Apprentice

Post by demonjay »

Woohoo.....recieved mine today.They look great, and the feeling of the leatherette is a lot more supple than I expected.
Should hopefully get a chance sunday to install them.

This page in the last group buy thread has some good info on installing by other members.
http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... &start=380

And here is the link to Boris's zip file containing photos of his install(soon to be updated by Max)....thanks Boris!!
http://www.boryadesign.net/fto/my/seats/frontseats.zip

Thanks Max!! nice planning and execution of the group buy.