Group Buy: Dials, Metal Rings, Dash Plates (Kmc UK)

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

know1here
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by know1here »

whahaha....received mine yesterday, great job Bennoz...they look shaweet.
Gonna be a fun weekend installing them!!!

Btw, stupid question, what are the black circular stickers for? the installation guide doesn;t mention them

oh and hnm738: how problematic are the dark spots and where are they on the dials???
hnm738
Grease Monkey

Post by hnm738 »

black sticker to block leakage of light onto the surface of the dials

when its dark its ok all numbers lights up decently

however main dark spot area is 60km - 100km
frozenwaffles
Grease Monkey

Post by frozenwaffles »

Can i just say that those dials are mission to put in. i thought it would be much easier. plus my speedo dial doesnt line up perfect. the little neddle stopper doesnt line up spot on so the whole dial is a bit off centre when you pop it all together and so i now have slightly in accurate reading. also found that the printing is not bang on center for the tacho and speedo.
yes there are dark spots and light spots...
thats not the dials though.
i pulled the tacho needle out to try and help the whole situation, bad i dea as it then gave the wrong reading...
had to start the car, wait for idle which i know (think) is 1000 rpm and stick it in.
these are ok, but i am gonna get the el dials from www.emtechautomotive.com.au
they look fantastic. you can get custom artwork too!!!
mike
Apprentice

Post by mike »

Damn Im still waiting for mine. Been running over to my PO box every day with anticipation. Soon, Im sure!

Mike
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

God, I had a hard time fitting these fiddly buggers,
I have never sweared so much.
I have had needle cups before, so the round gap in the middle of the dials were too small, and the dial cups were glued to the needles,
So, I had to cut bigger holes in the middle.
And those black stickers, they give me the sh*ts, they stick everywhere, don’t even bother touching them. I did throw them out.

The finished product is great.
I love them, will take some pics soon.

Thanks Ben for your help in organising this group buy.

Need to update to LEDs now.
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Still waiting for mine.

Fitting the v3 kmc dials was pretty simple....just requires a fair bit of patience.
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

... im still waiting for mine to come :(

"where are u postman pat..." lol
Sparhawk
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Sparhawk »

mxysxy wrote:God, I had a hard time fitting these fiddly buggers,
I have had needle cups before, so the round gap in the middle of the dials were too small, and the dial cups were glued to the needles,
And those black stickers, they give me the sh*ts, they stick everywhere, don’t even bother touching them. I did throw them out.

Well, I didnt get the needle caps, but the rest all fitted fine.

The litlle black stickers are a pain, I agree, but some persistence and two pairs of needle nose pliers later and I got them on almost straight. The little needle stopper pin on the tacho was a tight fit and started off all crooked, but 10 minutes of fiddling later and that too came up ok. The only problem I really had was with the fuel / temp guages. To get both of them on together I had to move the needles. Now when my tank is full it reads 3/4. Just a matter of opening up again and moving the fuel needle back I hope.

All in all, looks great. Thanks KMC, and Ben for organising the group buy, and letting me in late 8)

As far as the LED's go, I was in the process of changing to Blue LED's, but the new dials are a setback. Where the old dials looked fairly good with the LED's, the new ones let more light through, and the bright spots are too pronounced. I noticed the original dials have some black on the backs, which I assume was to reduce the bright spots. I need to try to figure out a way of doing the same with the new ones before I finish changing to LED's. I have some of the latest and greatest LED's too, so im a little short on ideas atm....

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ill post some photo's up soon too...
Last edited by Sparhawk on Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
[color=blue]Death is life's way of telling you - you're fired.[/color]
Oh Bugger, my sig block pic has dropped off the host ;(
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

Yeh im still waiting, everytime a Toll truck comes into work I get excited, but they aren't delivering what I want, only more work for me to do :(
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Hey Robsta, I sent your dials via post to your normal addy, the bezel is coming via Toll to your work. Should be there tomorrow :wink:
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

thanks in advane Bennoz. Looking forward to a long week end of installing and showing them off :D
mike
Apprentice

Post by mike »

Hey Bennoz

What stage is the mailing at? Is everything out? Havent received my dials or the needle cups yet....

Thanks
Mike
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

recieved the dials and rings on thursday but yet to see the dash plate
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

A few more left yesterday. Patince people they will come, I should have them all out by the end of the week. I think there is only 6 to go :wink:
robsta
Veteran Mechanic

Post by robsta »

Dash plate just arrived, thanks bennoz
TimmyD
Mechanic

Post by TimmyD »

la di the di the

/me ponders if mine have left yet.
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Got mine on Wednesday....thanks heaps Benny boy! :wink:
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Sparhawk wrote:
mxysxy wrote:God, I had a hard time fitting these fiddly buggers,

Well, I didnt get the needle caps, but the rest all fitted fine.

The litlle black stickers are a pain, I agree, but some persistence and two pairs of needle nose pliers later and I got them on almost straight. The little needle stopper pin on the tacho was a tight fit and started off all crooked, but 10 minutes of fiddling later and that too came up ok. The only problem I really had was with the fuel / temp guages. To get both of them on together I had to move the needles. Now when my tank is full it reads 3/4. Just a matter of opening up again and moving the fuel needle back I hope.

All in all, looks great. Thanks KMC, and Ben for organising the group buy, and letting me in late 8)

As far as the LED's go, I was in the process of changing to Blue LED's, but the new dials are a setback. Where the old dials looked fairly good with the LED's, the new ones let more light through, and the bright spots are too pronounced. I noticed the original dials have some black on the backs, which I assume was to reduce the bright spots. I need to try to figure out a way of doing the same with the new ones before I finish changing to LED's. I have some of the latest and greatest LED's too, so im a little short on ideas atm....

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ill post some photo's up soon too...
check the DIY urself section...after much fuss I went with a T10 std globe and works fine....although still has some issues to sort out@
wjhe
Apprentice

Post by wjhe »

Hi ben,

is all the dials out yet?? still waiting for mine!!!

thanks..

when
wjhe
Apprentice

Post by wjhe »

Hi ben,

is all the dials out yet?? still waiting for mine!!!

thanks..

when