**UPDATE:** EOI/Group Buy - Centre Console Bit - In CF

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

NobbyV4
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by NobbyV4 »

List of those interested from tother side

1. NobbyV4 - No Cig hole
2. MrLee - Cig Hole (as long as it's not the same time as the other GB...)
3.Paul_GPvR - No Cig Hole (depending on price and fit)
4.Bishi......no holes
5. clarky_fto - Cig hole
6. Eddie1303 - No Cig Hole (unless Stevie G comes up with both bits similar quality)
7. JJ - No cig Hole
8. Linley - no holes
9. Brocas - no cig hole
10.Lee_gpxfto - No cig hole
11.Jez - No cig hole
12.Rich'n'Sylv - No holes at all!!
13. Tapsell123 - Dunno
14. Cypress - No Cig Hole (depending on price and fit (Sweden))
Pom, pom pom, pom pom.
[img]http://www.abcadsolutions.com/images/FTO%20SIG/Oulton-sig-CVRs.jpg[/img]
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

Yippee!!!!!!!

My carbon surround turned up today!

........And here I was...... thinking that Tasmania is the ar$e end of the country with no hope of me seeing a carbon surround anytime soon.

No I just have to fit it................hmmmmmmmmm

Cheers

Chris
NobbyV4
Apprentice

Post by NobbyV4 »

Be interested on the fit mate. We need to see the quality of fitment and the strength of the locating tags, will you be taking some how to pics along the way?
Pom, pom pom, pom pom.
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

nobby - thanx for your interest

i spoke to my supplier very briefly before he left for Japan, and frankly im not too sure if his willing to post to UK.

this is because it'll be impossible to guarantee that the product will reach u guys in the same way that was left here.

having being in the above situation myself before, it can be an issue. nonetheless, i will ask my supplier again when he returns from Japan and will let you know.

nobby:
am not too sure what u mean when u said about locating tag :? if your referring to those clippy things on the original surrounds, they are not present in the CF ones. There 2 bits up the top where it slides in, and the bottom requires some sort of adhesive to hold it in place. Mind u, the thing sits in quite well without anything, but it will need to be secured if your going to fit it to a manual FTO (not too sure about tip)

as to the fitment of these surrounds:

on the weekend i tried fitting the surround on, took out the old one and put the new one in. being a manual, i had to fiddle with the gear boot section a little bit because there's no screw/holes to screw the gear thing into place.

so i just did a dodgy and put double sided tape to hold it in place and put the surround in.

fitted in no problems, until i tried changing gears... the surround popped out on me as i changed gears becos i didnt have anything to RLY secure it in, apart from some weak double sided tape place towards the rounded bottom bit of the surround.

ive been contemplating on blue tack/hot glue gun/some other heavy duty double sided tape/taking the old clips from the old surround and stick em on the new/etc etc.

however, ive yet to try any of those yet - been too busy.

but i did manage to make a new gear boot following a DIY guide for myself during this whole process as my original one was shagged lol 8)

perhaps somone thats received the surrounds and have fitted these provide some feedback :wink:

but i dare say, for those who have a tip, should not have any problems at all having the surround popping out lol. :o
NobbyV4
Apprentice

Post by NobbyV4 »

rnbboi wrote:nobby - thanx for your interest

i spoke to my supplier very briefly before he left for Japan, and frankly im not too sure if his willing to post to UK.

this is because it'll be impossible to guarantee that the product will reach u guys in the same way that was left here.

having being in the above situation myself before, it can be an issue. nonetheless, i will ask my supplier again when he returns from Japan and will let you know.

nobby:
am not too sure what u mean when u said about locating tag :? if your referring to those clippy things on the original surrounds, they are not present in the CF ones. There 2 bits up the top where it slides in, and the bottom requires some sort of adhesive to hold it in place. Mind u, the thing sits in quite well without anything, but it will need to be secured if your going to fit it to a manual FTO (not too sure about tip)

as to the fitment of these surrounds:

on the weekend i tried fitting the surround on, took out the old one and put the new one in. being a manual, i had to fiddle with the gear boot section a little bit because there's no screw/holes to screw the gear thing into place.

so i just did a dodgy and put double sided tape to hold it in place and put the surround in.

fitted in no problems, until i tried changing gears... the surround popped out on me as i changed gears becos i didnt have anything to RLY secure it in, apart from some weak double sided tape place towards the rounded bottom bit of the surround.

ive been contemplating on blue tack/hot glue gun/some other heavy duty double sided tape/taking the old clips from the old surround and stick em on the new/etc etc.

however, ive yet to try any of those yet - been too busy.

but i did manage to make a new gear boot following a DIY guide for myself during this whole process as my original one was shagged lol 8)

perhaps somone thats received the surrounds and have fitted these provide some feedback :wink:

but i dare say, for those who have a tip, should not have any problems at all having the surround popping out lol. :o
Cheers mate, keep me informed. I have to say there is a possibility that we have found a UK supplier who can do these, but I'd like to keep the option open with you as well. let me know what they say.
V
Pom, pom pom, pom pom.
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

:(

ive been trying to contact my supplier and hoping to speak to him about the deliver of the rest of the consoles and other enquiries.

At the moment i have not been able to contact him nor have any reply since mid last week when he reached japan. i dont think he has access to the internet at the moment as his moving around the place in japan conducting business trips, and may very well extended his trip (..i hope not...)

but that seems to be the case atm... as i cannot contact him via phone...

however, as soon as i get in contact with him, ill be posting another update.

please be patient whilst i await his return/reply... :wink:

again, i apologise for the delay in the delivery for those who are still waiting... :oops:

thanx

- Ken
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

I want my surround :(

Keep us informed Ken, hopefully he'll turn up soon!

Where are the consoles at the moment? The spray place or in his workshop?
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

good news guys :wink:

my supplier is back and have spoken to him.

your consoles will be sent out by wednesday the latest (so i got told), so i say by end of this week u should all receive em in the mail...! :o

sorry for the delay guys, but its been outta my control :oops:

anywayz, cross your fingers and wait for your good ol australian post

thanx

- Ken
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

*waits patiently*
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

i chased up my supplier today to see whats happening with the surrounds. he just got the surrounds back from the panel beater who did the bling coating for him today...

aparently the panel beater guys wer screwing around

sighs... :?

anywayz, he has now got the remaining surrounds and are definitely being sent out tomoz

FFS I know...

but beta late than neva right...

Everybody: ...."OOOOoooosaaaah...!" :wink:
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Sigh.

I want my surround :(
joey
Apprentice

im in mine already has a crack

Post by joey »

pm let me know how much with post
jr
Apprentice

Post by jr »

i am to late i was busy i need a center console i got big gap it looks carp
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

guys.

this groupie is closed.

everything has been done and finalised, and the last of the surrounds have all been sent out.

look out in the styling section where i may reborn the EOI that i posted a few weeks back. - reborn? hahahz

- Ken
BuCkEt
Oldtimer

Post by BuCkEt »

Got mine today, looks schmick as.

Will post up pics when I get the FTO back and fit it in. :D
Lenny
Grease Monkey

Post by Lenny »

Hey Rnbboi,

I have sent you a PM re my surround...got some questions about it.

Thanks
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

Lenny:

No problem Lenny. Got your PM. Will fix it up for ya :wink:

U have PM.
Foe
Grease Monkey

Post by Foe »

Any of you guys selling your old ones for cheap..Mine got smashed when the ass who stoll my stereo ripped it out. If you wanna sell your old msg me :)
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

We want pictures, action shots, centrefolds etc. :wink:
LED ALL the things.
mudguts

centre console surround

Post by mudguts »

I am trying to get a centre console surround to replace my broken one does any one know where I can get it :?: