Group Buy: Polished Aluminium Seatbelt Guides

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

NobbyV4
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by NobbyV4 »

umm...

Just had this question thrown at me, I've caught it and passed it on to you? :)
Both my seatbelt guides have snapped so these should do the trick :) ... These wont snap will they ? Has the guy done a strength test ?
Pom, pom pom, pom pom.
[img]http://www.abcadsolutions.com/images/FTO%20SIG/Oulton-sig-CVRs.jpg[/img]
NobbyV4
Apprentice

Post by NobbyV4 »

Another question, when will you start production, not that we poms are impatient or anything :wink:
Pom, pom pom, pom pom.
poster
Grease Monkey

Post by poster »

off topic question...sorry

how do u fit them in and how to take the old one off ?...
NobbyV4
Apprentice

Post by NobbyV4 »

poster wrote:off topic question...sorry

how do u fit them in and how to take the old one off ?...
Pop out platsic plug, unscrew screw, lift in an upward direction and remove the plastic one, slip the shiny ali one on, fit caphead bolt supplied, stand back and be the envy of the rest of Austrailia (and a small %age of the UK FTOOC :wink: )
Pom, pom pom, pom pom.
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

As ummm has already discussed the process for him is quite intensive to make these guides. Please for his sake through in a couple extra quid (perhaps offer a higher price to gain priority on the list, as it stands it will take him almost 6months to forfil this order.
i like that idea... you guys could do that if you like :lol: scarecrow your a genius :)
Both my seatbelt guides have snapped so these should do the trick ... These wont snap will they ? Has the guy done a strength test ?
Nah these are really strong. They're made from solid aluminium, i cant even bend them.
Another question, when will you start production, not that we poms are impatient or anything
Things have been really hectic this week but i should have the first set done by this time next week and after that i think i should be able to make 2 sets a week.
NobbyV4
Apprentice

Post by NobbyV4 »

umm wrote:
As ummm has already discussed the process for him is quite intensive to make these guides. Please for his sake through in a couple extra quid (perhaps offer a higher price to gain priority on the list, as it stands it will take him almost 6months to forfil this order.
i like that idea... you guys could do that if you like :lol: scarecrow your a genius :)
Both my seatbelt guides have snapped so these should do the trick ... These wont snap will they ? Has the guy done a strength test ?
Nah these are really strong. They're made from solid aluminium, i cant even bend them.
Another question, when will you start production, not that we poms are impatient or anything
Things have been really hectic this week but i should have the first set done by this time next week and after that i think i should be able to make 2 sets a week.
OK, thanks for the update.
Pom, pom pom, pom pom.
NobbyV4
Apprentice

Post by NobbyV4 »

How're they coming on umm?

Updated list...

08/03/2006

1. NobbyV4 - Yes ETA w/e 10th March
2. adam_GPX - YES ETA w/e 10th March
3. Spacecase = Yes ETA w/e 17th March
4. Mikethehappyman - YES ETA w/e 17th March
5. Tapsell123 - Yes ETA w/e 24th March
6. Smass101 - YES ETA w/e 24th March
7. SmokinMonkey - Yes ETA w/e 31st March
8. ABCD X - YES ETA w/e 31st March
9. MrLee - YES ETA w/e 7th April (In time for Bolney??!?!?! Maybe?)
10. Lyzzy -YES ETA w/e 7th April
11. AND_SOME Ooh Yess! ETA w/e 14th April if anybody above wants to swap places pm me
12. Pirate - Yes ETA w/e 14th April
13. Brocas ETA w/e 21st April
14. Hellboy - YES ETA w/e 21st April
15. jim-bob - YES ETA w/e 28th April
16. Danny363 - YES ETA w/e 28th April
17. jlicence - YES ETA w/e 5th May
18. steve_coombs ETA w/e 5th May
19. eddie1303 - YES ETA w/e 12th May
20. Popin - YES ETA w/e 12th May
21. Badger - YES ETA w/e 19th May
22. sideshow - yes ETA w/e 19th May
23. Shonky - YES ETA w/e 26th May
24. Roridge - YES! ETA w/e 26th May
25. Rich 'N' Sylv - Mmmm yes!!! ETA w/e 2nd June
26. stevewhyte - YES ETA w/e 2nd June
27. Rossd - YES ETA w/e 9th June
Pom, pom pom, pom pom.
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

How are we going to work payment? The only ways I know of are bank cheque, money order or a bank transfer. I think all these methods have some type of fees.

Also the price I quoted for postage was the cheapest method I could find which is by sea mail, which takes a fairly long time I think and I’m not sure about customs and stuff, but I’ll try to find out. And see if there are any faster options.

I think we need to organize a new method. Here is my idea:
1. I'll make 10 sets.
I've been building more equipment to help make them faster so 10 sets shouldn't take too long to get ready.

2. The first 10 people send payment to you Vince.
If that’s alright with you (people might want to give you a bit extra for your troubles), and after we work out how much each person needs to pay, as we will have a different postage situation and I need to find out if there will be any customs charges or anything that we need to split between the buyers.

3. You then send me the money via whichever method is best (bank cheque, money order or bank transfer) to me.
You may want to split the fees for this and add that to the price as well.

4. Then I'll send all 10 sets at once.
This will hopefully reduce some cost.

5. When you receive them, you can distribute them from your house.
Maybe using COD (cash on delivery) so you don't have to work out the cost to get it to each persons house.

6. Start again with the next 10 on the list...

I'll do my best to find out about customs and stuff and get you a final price ASAP. If you can find out anything you can about customs and find out the best payment option and the fees involved that would be very helpful.

Thanks for being so patient
Jerome
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

Guys i can't use paypal. I can setup a paypal account and you could deposit the money into it, but then i can't access the money from the paypal account here in Australia so that’s pointless.

Although i read in the leatherette group buy that everyone paid the Ftooc club through paypal or which ever method they felt like and then a single payment was sent from the club to Australia.

The way I would like to do it is similar but I would like the 10 people to pay Vince (if that’s ok with him) and have him send a single payment to me through a bank transfer if possible. Or do the same and work through the club if that can be organized.

With regards to the amount each person has to pay, it will still be the same because its cheaper to send the 10 sets at once but they will now be sent by airmail which is a lot faster but brings the cost back up to the same amount.

I will also try to have it marked as a gift and everything to avoid customs and stuff.

Now is everyone alright with this?

:arrow: $190AU(£80.50) From each of the 10 people paid to Vince
:arrow: Vince then sends the money to me
:arrow: I send the 10 sets via airmail to Vince
:arrow: Vince distributes the guides to each person

And most importantly, are you ok with this Vince or can it be organized through the club? As it will be quite a bit of work.
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

hrmmm all these pommies ordering things means Umm cannot work on new projects lol....damn u!
NobbyV4
Apprentice

Post by NobbyV4 »

umm wrote: And most importantly, are you ok with this Vince or can it be organized through the club? As it will be quite a bit of work.
I'm Ok doing this I've done a few before, however If batches of ten sets are sent to me in one delivery it means I will have to repack them in smaller boxes and send them on to the individual receipents this will cost me.

I can ask the members to pay another charge to cover this, but some will not like this and it will give an excuse to pull out, we've already lost two IIRC.

Jerome, how much does a pair weigh?

The main payment transfer can go through the club, I can ask the members to send payment to me, when I have the first ten payments, I can send them on to the club treasurer, or (I've yet to disscuss this) members can send direct to the treasurer and JJ can advise when we have the ten.

PM on way BTW
Cheers
V
Pom, pom pom, pom pom.