(closed) Group Buy: NGK & MAGNECOR Leads

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

noccers
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by noccers »

I measured mine this morning and mine are the same length as umm's :?

good thing i havn't installed them yet, I guess
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

just measured mine...
same as the measurments that umm quoted...

now what does this mean?
they are not suitable? wont fit?

do we have a reply from kudos yet?
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

ok guys

Andrew from kudos has spoken to Magnecor and its seems they F&^ked it up. The measurements they had for the "GR" set were about right and aparently they used some "measurements" from the UK for the GPX? dunno why the lengths would be different?? anyway they have confirmed that its wrong.

So Following discussions with the guys who made them they have agreed to remake all delivered sets. I think the best option would be to return all sets to me and I can send them all at once to ensure they don't loose any in the process. One issue is that i am away as of Sat and wont be back until the following week (june)

Since its too late to do anything today..I will confirm with Kudos we can send direct to him and he can send them at once.

The guys said they will only pay for the re-sending and not the sending back to their office which is kinda sh*t. They would not budge on this so I suggest (as these leads wont matter anymore) post them as cheap as possible to the agreed address (TBC later 2nite tomorrow).

They have agreed to make new ones with the same specs as the stock ones.

There were 5 sets that hadn't been sent so this effects 11 people i think.

Unless anyone has any better suggestions this will be the process. Sorry guys this is annoying (esp. to Umm). I'm going to TRY and get Andrew to do a special deal for Umms set so if doesn't have to fuk around for ages.

Chris.
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

kinda crappy how they wont pay for return shipping on their own faulty product....

but i guess cheap ass bag shipping will only be a couple of bucks so its not all bad...

do we have an eta on new leads?
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

hmm ok, i'll send them back to you and hope for the best. At lease we know it's not your fault khunjeng :lol:
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problem.

[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/79682123.png[/img]
Lenny
Grease Monkey

Post by Lenny »

Just wanted to confirm,

I got mine last night and the measurements are; (measuring the blue only)

1 x 42cm
1 x 70cm
1 x 80cm

Looks like mine are 2 x too long and 1 x too short... :o

I got 3 only, this is correct i presume as the back row go straight to connection...

Will await posting details and send em back.

cheers
shue
Oldtimer

Post by shue »

just measured mine same as rnbboi's 42cm,48 cm and 58cm.
umm
Grease Monkey

Post by umm »

khunjeng wrote: I'm going to TRY and get Andrew to do a special deal for Umms set so if doesn't have to fuk around for ages.
Yeah it would be nice if i could get another set to put on then send the old ones back after.
This way i only have to open it up once instead of having to put on the origionals and then later put on the new ones.

Thanks Khunjeng for sorting everything out for us :lol:
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

ok I'm out of action as of today...But I have spoken to Kudos and we have agreed that we all should post them back directly since I iwll not be able to collect and send...

Andrew form Kudos will post the delivery address and give yuo some notes and he can track this with the supplier. My assuption is that they will re-use the connectors and Andrew is going to try and sort out a extra set for Umm but cos they might need ot wait for connectors this might take some time...I assme in Umm's case this will not be a big drama cos he prob. doesn't fell like chnaging them in the short term anyway!

I will call Kudos on Monday or tomorrow and he can update the forum..I will be taking my laptop so when I'm in a starbucks I will log on and see whats going down....

I know its annoying...Even though Lennys might fit I would suggest that everyone return their leads and we all get the right ones in the right length...cos of the type you will never have to buy leads again (or not for ages anyway) so get it right the first time..

KJ
Lenny
Grease Monkey

Post by Lenny »

I agree there...

Based on other drama's i have had with cars this should be an easy fix albiet a little inconvenient.

Thanks for the effort Chris that you have put into this.

Really appreciate it.
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

will the reuse of the ends not result in an inferior connection? i assume they are crimped on, thus reusing these may result in a less than perfect re-connection?

correct me if im wrong
kudosmotorsports
Approved FTO Australia Trader

Post by kudosmotorsports »

Guys I would like to apologise for this inconvenience. When these were ordered Thundercords (Magnocor) stated that they already had the measurements for the required set. However since talking to them and quoting your new sizes they have acknowledged that there was an error and that they are more than happy to fix the problem. Please find following the address to send your leads to:

Att: Neil
Thundercords
Unit 2, 20 Crescent Street,
GRANVILLE, NSW 2142

Please remember to include a return address to which they can send the remade leads. The reuse of you current connectors does not compromise the integrity of the cables.

Regards,

Andrew Sullivan
Kudos Motorsports
EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

For people who are waiting (like myself) ...... can it just be confirmed they will also be getting the correct ones?
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

kudosmotorsports wrote:Guys I would like to apologise for this inconvenience. When these were ordered Thundercords (Magnocor) stated that they already had the measurements for the required set. However since talking to them and quoting your new sizes they have acknowledged that there was an error and that they are more than happy to fix the problem. Please find following the address to send your leads to:

Att: Neil
Thundercords
Unit 2, 20 Crescent Street,
GRANVILLE, NSW 2142

Please remember to include a return address to which they can send the remade leads. The reuse of you current connectors does not compromise the integrity of the cables.

If he's located at Granville i could just drive up to him :?:

Regards,

Andrew Sullivan
Kudos Motorsports
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problem.

EURO
Oldtimer

Post by EURO »

not sure if that response was aimed at me akuma? I was just saying, my cords were never going to be sent out as they didnt have enough.... I was the last person to put my name down... so i was just making sure that when they were fixed/remade that my set were remembered .
kudosmotorsports

KhunJeng, Pimped, Demonic_hordes & EURO. Are in no way affected by this issue. Their leads are still waiting on connectors, so are yet to be manufactured. :) So rest assured you have nothing to worry about.
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

so do i "have" to mail it or can i just go give it to Neil? 8O

kudosmotorsports

Alan I cannot see there being a problem with you personally delivering them to Thundercords. It would actually be of great benefit if you could also take in your current lead set, that way they can take all the measurements they require.
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

so are you saying they STILL dont know the correct sizes?

how can they not,...there are multiple people on the forum with magnecor leads? dont they have any kind of database of lead lengths?

crazy....
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

Think what he mean is just a suggestion, i can go up to Neil this saturday if they open cause i'll be working from mon-fri, does Neil know about this group buy kudosmotorsports?

as for the length ... arrr i'm not gonna take my leads out to work out the length ... so i'm just gonna tell them our standard length which i don't know? someone tell me please length for GPX 8O
Last edited by akuma3 on Mon May 29, 2006 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.