Group Buy: HID xenon conversion kits ** ROUND 2 **

FTO Club of Australia Group Buys. Want something cheap this is where to find it. The best deals for all our members

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

johhny
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Group Buy: HID xenon conversion kits ** ROUND 2 **

Post by johhny »

Hey guys.

I have two set of HID’s for sale, both set 6000k and 9006. So if anyone is interested let me know. Both sets are new and $250.00 each.

I am Sydney,

Ph 0415457900
Email john1982@tpg.com.au

Thanks
Last edited by johhny on Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

1x Set bought and paid for :)

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
johhny
Grease Monkey

Post by johhny »

Samson wrote:1x Set bought and paid for :)
tell me how it goes once its installed.... call me if you have problems installing it but it should be just plug and play..
scarecrow
Veteran Mechanic

Post by scarecrow »

Uh, why so cheap? Does these come with a water proof ballast and globes? I'm interested... but, you know, skeptical.
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~viper39/carbw.jpg[/img]
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Will post up pics once they arrive...
I know f**k all bout HID... is there anything i probably shouldve asked and didnt?

FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Samson wrote:Will post up pics once they arrive...
I know f**k all bout HID... is there anything i probably shouldve asked and didnt?
The search button is your friend :wink: there are at least 3-4 posts on what to look for when buying a HID.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

well you can buy them real cheap nowdays but obviously made from like taiwan / china, don't see anything wrong with it only ballast might die faster which you can get it replace under warranty anyway ... i replace my ballast and it's all good again :o
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problem.

[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/79682123.png[/img]
johhny
Grease Monkey

Post by johhny »

scarecrow wrote:Uh, why so cheap? Does these come with a water proof ballast and globes? I'm interested... but, you know, skeptical.
I have them on my car and its fine in the rain, I mean I haven’t tried putting the whole thing in water or hosing it but its 100% fine in the rain. All the plugs and the ballast is sealed.
johhny
Grease Monkey

Post by johhny »

Samson wrote:Will post up pics once they arrive...
No need to worry samson i had them on my car for 3 month now and its still going strong
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

so are these a direct replacement for the std lights...what mods are required
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Well from the pics the ballast had screw on top, which mean they are not water proof.

And of course when you driving in the rain, your HID would be fine, if rain get into your ballast, then that mean rain gets into your lights & you have leakage/crack within your engine bay :wink:

But what happen when you decided to have a wash at your engine bay? Ballast general around 10000 volts during start up, think about what happen to those 10000 volts meet water or moisture.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Maybe to be careful i should put a smear of silicon around anything that looks like it needs it?

johhny
Grease Monkey

Post by johhny »

FTO338 wrote:Well from the pics the ballast had screw on top, which mean they are not water proof.

And of course when you driving in the rain, your HID would be fine, if rain get into your ballast, then that mean rain gets into your lights & you have leakage/crack within your engine bay :wink:

But what happen when you decided to have a wash at your engine bay? Ballast general around 10000 volts during start up, think about what happen to those 10000 volts meet water or moisture.
Sorry to say but all ballast has some kind of opening so the components can be placed inside ….. An engine block have screws on top as well but do you think water get inside that to. I have Washed my car with the lights on and it’s been fine….. BTW, you are not meant to hose your engine bay even if you dont have HID's cos of the electrical components of the car (eg. Fuse box, wiring and spark plug leads)

Although I haven’t opened the ballast but I’m 100% sure there will be a rubber seal around and all the plugs have rubber seal on it too…….
Last edited by johhny on Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
johhny
Grease Monkey

Post by johhny »

khunjeng wrote:so are these a direct replacement for the std lights...what mods are required
just need to find a place for the ballast, (somewhere dry).... i did even use the screws in the box...... Cable ties need the trick.....
rnbboi
Mechanic

Post by rnbboi »

if anyone decides to buy these and want a DIY. heres a link for the installation based on an Integra...

*dont flame me :roll: * lol

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=397952

$250 is pretty cheap... altho i dunno what brand/where theyre made/etc.

But I do know they look $$$ in projector headlights such as the FTO. :o
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

so they have the same globe fitting as the 9006 - looks like it. If the ballast dies...what do u do?
johhny
Grease Monkey

Post by johhny »

khunjeng wrote:so they have the same globe fitting as the 9006 - looks like it. If the ballast dies...what do u do?
It has one year warranty on it, you get a new set i guess or just need to replace the ballast.
bobz
Grease Monkey

Post by bobz »

I am interested, but do you have any lower temperature globes like 4300K?

BobZ
[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/wizard561/FTOSig.jpg[/img]
johhny
Grease Monkey

Post by johhny »

bobz wrote:I am interested, but do you have any lower temperature globes like 4300K?

BobZ
i can try to get it for you but its going to take few weeks..