[TAS] Invitation to join cruise

Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Effteeo
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

[TAS] Invitation to join cruise

Post by Effteeo »

Hi guys, Justin here (FTO_Wannabe's fiance)

Just an invitation to see if any of you FTO lads would like to tag along on a predominantly Honda cruise in Launceston on April 14? The cruise will go from Campbell Town, through to Longford, into Launceston, then maybe even up to Bridport. I realise its a bit of a financial commitment if you're from Hobart like me, but nevertheless you'd be welcome.

We may have some VIC members of PreludeAustralia.com coming down as well. Currently we have 11 members attending the cruise.

Most of us will be staying in Launceston for the night too, so we can go out and hit the town, have a few beers etc...

I figure that the FTO member base in TAS is quite small and you (to my knowledge) haven't even had a cruise or anything as a club right? Well, tag along with us! We can represent Japanese 2 door coupe's or something lol...

If you're interested, or want more details, feel free to contact me at preludetas@hotmail.com It would be awesome to meet you guys, as I'm very keen on the FTO's! I think they're great little cars. If you were to come you can rest assured you won't cop any unneccessary crap from any Honda-knobs lol, we're a friendly bunch!

Cheers!

Justin
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

How was the cruise?

Get many takers?

Cheers

Chris
Effteeo
Apprentice

Post by Effteeo »

The cruise has been postponed until further notice, but I still went up to Launceston nevertheless and did a small cruise with a few people. Was good fun. The next cruise will be the same route, just haven't decided on a date yet!

Anyone interested, let me know! Should be lots of ppl on the next one.
SilverFluids

Post by SilverFluids »

Set it a few weeks down the track so I have a new toy to come in ;) :lol:
Effteeo
Apprentice

Post by Effteeo »

Yeah will do, I'll let you know of the date when we decide on one.
FTO_wannabe
Apprentice

Post by FTO_wannabe »

Hi Guys,

I went on the cruise with the hondas a few weeks ago. I was in my partners car so the FTO didnt come.
The roads were great with hardly any traffic and i would love to see some of you guys come on the next cruise. I haven't met anyone with an FTO to date so a cruise would be a good chance to catch up!

If there was a cruise, say in the next few months, would anyone be interested?
...the girl with 2 head gaskets
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

I have been thinking about organising an FTO drive/meet and greet now that we have a few people actively looking at this forum.

How does the Sunday 24th of June sound?

Probably a run up the East Cost or down Cygnet way.........and a stop over for something nice to eat.

Cheers

Chris
feelthebeat
Apprentice

Post by feelthebeat »

sounds good to me!
DJ-PAUL-D@hotmail.com
dont laugh daddy your daughters in here
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

OK,

Anyone else interested?

It's probabl best if the guys down south drive to Swansea and Lunch at the Bark Mill or Left Bank so that the guys up North have an opportunity to meet up with us Mexicans.

I am also going to get a handful of club stickers off Bennoz to distribute on the day.

Cheers

Chris
SilverFluids

Post by SilverFluids »

I'd come, just not in an FTO :lol:
feelthebeat
Apprentice

Post by feelthebeat »

breza. ill take 2 stickers if i can please
DJ-PAUL-D@hotmail.com
Effteeo
Apprentice

Post by Effteeo »

Breza wrote:OK,

Anyone else interested?

It's probabl best if the guys down south drive to Swansea and Lunch at the Bark Mill or Left Bank so that the guys up North have an opportunity to meet up with us Mexicans.

I am also going to get a handful of club stickers off Bennoz to distribute on the day.

Cheers

Chris
Yeah mate, FTO_wannabe and myself would be keen :-)

Oh, by the way. Chris, did you happen to park behind a silver Honda Prelude along Digney St on Thursday morning? Was that your black beast I see most days? Wasn't sure if I should say hi incase it wasn't you lol.
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

Chris, did you happen to park behind a silver Honda Prelude along Digney St on Thursday morning?
Hmmm.......maybe.......do park up Digney street when I do drive in. It's actually working out cheaper for my wife and I to drive than catch the bus if we travel together, even in the V8.

Have been trying to drive the FTO a bit lately so if I have any more air con drama's they are still covered under warranty. (The gas only seems to leak out when I drive)

Cheers

Chris
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

Hi folks,

Just letting you know that I will have a small handful of stickers for the upcoming cruise on the 24th of June. (they are apparently on their way..)

First in best dressed.........If there is more interest I may be able to get some more before the proposed date.

Also, anyone know of a good meeting place for southerners travelling north?

I was thinking that meeting at the school zone at Sorell at 10am would give us plenty of time to drive up the coast with a couple of photo opportunities along the way to be at Swansea around lunch time.

If you are keen to have a chat along the way I also have a UHF unit with an external aerial that I can fit to the FTO but I won't worry about if no one else has one.

Cheers

Chris
feelthebeat
Apprentice

Post by feelthebeat »

sounds like a good plan
DJ-PAUL-D@hotmail.com
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

Update......

I now have a small handful of FTO Aus stickers.

$5 each on the day.

Cheers

Chris
feelthebeat
Apprentice

Post by feelthebeat »

ill buy 2 thanks breza
DJ-PAUL-D@hotmail.com
DanXbix
Grease Monkey

Post by DanXbix »

i'll get some stickers too
feelthebeat
Apprentice

Post by feelthebeat »

so how are the numbers looking for the cruise on the 24th im keen as
ps. breza the plates look great saw u pulling into autocraft awhile back. is your a/c playing up still?
DJ-PAUL-D@hotmail.com
Breza
Mechanic

Post by Breza »

breza the plates look great saw u pulling into autocraft awhile back. is your a/c playing up still?
Yes and no.....

Car was in at Autocraft getting some new brakes (DBA 4000's and Ferodo DS2500's). Nice way to spend $1k. :-)

After a prolonged stint, I now have no air con gas.......again....

Cheers

Chris