Cruises, Meeting's and State Specific Information

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

DanXbix
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Just Got My Car Serviced AND....

Post by DanXbix »

Hey just got my Timeing chain done and VRS set And Cam seals etc
Got it done for $1020 Good price i think Only now my engine is making a really bad ticking noise (like my old subaru) and service guys reckon i need new hydralic lifters (the engine was really quite before the service). Do you think they have stuffed it up? Will it be expensive?

Im so anoiyed :twisted: err
Hobbsie
Grease Monkey

Post by Hobbsie »

noisy lifters/tappets are very common. they might not need replacing though, its possible if the mechanics did an oil change the new oil is too thick or the tappets jus need adjusting
DanXbix
Grease Monkey

Post by DanXbix »

Hey thanks for the reply
I asked they guys about tappets and they said it wasn't that, they also said they replace the oil with a different type and to get some "lifterfree" (not sure if any good)
would it be possible that it may take a while to settle cause its had a major service?
it sounds really bad and noisy?
noccers
Grease Monkey

Post by noccers »

DanXbix wrote:Hey thanks for the reply
I asked they guys about tappets and they said it wasn't that, they also said they replace the oil with a different type and to get some "lifterfree" (not sure if any good)
would it be possible that it may take a while to settle cause its had a major service?
it sounds really bad and noisy?
try the lifter free. I just put some in with my oil change/flush and it did an amazing job.

Make sure you only get the lifter free from "Superoo" though, not the nulon crap.
gawk; talk; date; wine; grep; touch; unzip; strip; touch; gasp; finger; gasp; mount; fsck; more; yes; fsck; gasp; eject; umount; make clean; make mrproper; sleep;

successful trades: d_stroy_r, shue, mxysxy, dstocks
DanXbix
Grease Monkey

Post by DanXbix »

cool will try tomorrow
was the noise from you engine really bad? louder the a standard exhaust
sound at high revs?