* Event Results
* General Discussions

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Wakefield - Thu 8th March

Post by Bennoz »

If anyones interested Im going down to do a little 'testing' on some new setups. Its only an open day (non timed) but Im just going to get a feel for some new suspension / brake setups. If anyones got the day off & wants to go for a wrap around the track or just come for a look, I'll be there all day. PM me if you are coming & I'll send you my mobile number.

It'll cost you about $45 odd bucks for a wakefield licence (vaild at Wakefield for 12 months) and about $110 for the day. If you have a CAMS licence you need not buy a Wakefield licence.

Cheers,
Bennoz.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

I'm trying to work out how far it is away from Melb...to tired...will suss it out later.
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

Hey I got a day off on Thursday... may make the trip and see if your brakes pull you up!! :lol:
Last edited by kazbah on Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teh Ban Queen!
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Nice! 8)

Well they certainly hauled me up when I needed it on Sunday... this is gonna test how well they dissipate the heat :)
kazbah
National Secretary

Post by kazbah »

"Asbestos gloves to the pits please"
Teh Ban Queen!
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Great day though, only 5 cars at the track & most of the time I had the track to myself. Got a good 25 laps in :D

Car went like a trooper, plenty of power, new big brakes could put me through the windshield, suspension held tight... just the old Falken 'eraser on pavement' tyres let me down... Got to a stage where I could only run 3 hot laps then let the bastards cool down for a lap, then do 1 more hot one, 1 cool one etc...

Videos quality aint too good, but the sound is pretty nice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITwav8ZWg3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PDDf_NVuAc
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

fantastic ben..looks the goods. 25 laps is sweet how was ht temp going after a few hot laps?? tyres tell the story:P

what sort of speeds can u get down that straight.?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yeah not only were the tyres melting, the engine was gettin' pretty hot too... it enjoyed the same 'cool down' lap as the tyres. Thats even with the big cold air feed... as the air in Golburn is never above about 5 degrees!
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Bennoz wrote:Yeah not only were the tyres melting, the engine was gettin' pretty hot too... it enjoyed the same 'cool down' lap as the tyres. Thats even with the big cold air feed... as the air in Golburn is never above about 5 degrees!
hehe new radiator setp for u then :P just go all out and get a ARC one...will do the trick for 2k. :P Im amazed how much cooler it runs with a decent radiator..even a cheeper one.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

lol nah I'll get to that when the blower goes in. Its getting a bit too hot.. like normally most FTO' sit round the 1/3 mark on the temp gauge, but today it went right up to 7/8's type of thing... it also did that on the cruise on Sunday... and that was at speed when plenty of air was going in. I've either got a problem with the MAF sensor or the ECU-Engine temp sensor. If its MAF I'll probably have to cut & shut the intake again so that it sits further up towards the TB, otherwise I'll be off to Misti for diagnostics.. again.
kid_dynamite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by kid_dynamite »

Ben what sort of times were you pulling at Wakie? Be good for comparo, two of my mates were down there on the Sunday.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Unfortunately it was an untimed day, just open speed. :( I would like to have known as well. Im down again in a few weeks on a timed day so I'll let you know. Hopefully will have new rubber by then as well!
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Bennoz wrote:Unfortunately it was an untimed day, just open speed. :( I would like to have known as well. Im down again in a few weeks on a timed day so I'll let you know. Hopefully will have new rubber by then as well!
nice1...

what slrt of tyres u thinking of getting?
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

Quick question ben, Do u have a speed limiter on your fto?

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Samson wrote:Quick question ben, Do u have a speed limiter on your fto?
No, its overridden by the Unichip.
KJ wrote:what slrt of tyres u thinking of getting?
Prolly Proxies or RT615s