FTO's in Motor Sport.
* Event Results
* General Discussions

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Bennoz »

Yeah they're a lot harder than the KYBs. When I bought them I had them re-sprung thou. Brought the spring rates down as far as the valving on the shocks would allow (4.5kg front & 3.2kg rear, as opposed to stock being about 9kg & 7kg)

Now with the damper setting on its lowest they aren't too bad on the street. Still a little stiff, but bearable. Although Im on 18's but I did manage to squeeze a 45 profile tyre in with some fiddling.

Spewin' I couldn't test them on the track. Was gonna wind up the damper & give them a good work out. Fortunately I got a call from the suspension guys today & it looks like I've just blown the top seal & they dont need a full $200 a corner rebuild :)
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

How much did it cost to get springs for your coilovers.

did you also get helper's?
Jono
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

do you still have your old springs bennoz?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

They are not actual HA coilovers, they are the direct replacement NA style Teins. Still has all the height & damper adjustment but much more suited to predominantly street use. Didnt need helpers.

Sorry SG, old springs have gone to dstocks.

But... after that, they're back :D And they are now back on the car as of this afternoon.

Stay tuned for a new Wakefield date.

We actually ought look to do an Oran Park day aswell... cause it closing down soon! :(