FTO's in Motor Sport.
* Event Results
* General Discussions

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Delvance
Veteran Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by Delvance »

Yeah it really sucks. Been wanting to track my car for a long time. Ah well, i'll make sure i've got some money aside so in a few months i'll buy my own helmet and come. Should have my disks done then too yay.

Lol, i'm going to have to get a sticker and do that to the helmet i'm gonna buy, looks mad haha!

Have fun Bennoz and Aza, lucky buggers :P
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

will try lol
I dont know how long I will be spending n the track due to tyres that are on the car but I am trying to get some good ones on there but not having a lot of luck at this point may have to go for a drive to where Ben got his from and get them there :?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Folks (Azza especially) - my apologies but I am out of tomorrows track session.

I've blown up a Tein (valve blew & oil all through the wheel arch) and in trying to replace it I've ripped an inner CV boot & destroyed a tie rod end.... to say Im pissed off is an under statement.

On top of that, my old mans mini spat an alternator as well... so we are both going to have a sympathy beer today :x
Delvance
Veteran Mechanic

Post by Delvance »

That really stinks Bennoz, bugger =/.

I've called all over sydney to see who can recondition tein coilovers and no one can do it. Only place i've found is the official distributor in queensland called fulcrum suspensions. And let's just say the price ain't right, especially after shipping to and back. And the price they gave me was for basic recondition only. Hardcore rebuild would no doubt be expensive...rather look at getting a new set of coilovers from a cheaper brand that would offer most of the performance the tein set gives. Although i do really like the tein's handling and feel.

Good luck mate.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

S**T Ben thats no good I hope you get it up and running again soon.
and talk about your dubbel wammy the mini to :evil: :evil:

and I went out and did an oil chang get vpower fuel and a 20L fuel can full as well ready to go and my new rs2's are on there way should have them by saturday the 4th.
I may still go down and check it all out and see how the car gos, will see how I fell in the morning :D
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Apologies again guys :(

Yes, Fulcrum are expecting my shocks on Tuesday. They are the only mob in Aus that can rebuild them.

I was at breaking point this morning... I almost started kicking the crap out of panels :x

And Azza... it was just an oil change I tried this morning when I spotted all the problems! :o F*cking cars!!! :|

My old man is equally pissed off!
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

I bet you both were :evil:

as for oil change my car is at 59573km so had to give it some fresh oil if I was going to give it a hard time on the track lol will do the rest soon :D

and you dont have to say sorry for not being abell to make the track as what hapened to your car can happen to any one
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

ok it was a great day down at the track today about 18 cars were there and another 4 skylines arived as I was going.
I only did 10 laps as I did not want to push the brakes as thay need replacing as the discks are a little warpped, under normal driving they are fine but when a little more presher is added (track :lol: ) you get the shimmys :lol:

so a slow 10 laps with a best time of 1min 24.4secs had to use 1/3 of the strait to slow down and a lot of the corners I could not hit as hard :?

so new breaks are on the cards :D
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

18 cars! Thats a busy day! 1.24 aint too bad :wink:
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

the first corner/Kink and the last corner is the key to getting a good time on this track...

Bennoz, i left sydney on sunday for brisbane, you shoulda let me know, i woulda couriered it up here for free :)
Jono
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

Last time we were there (May) we rolled a tyre off *sigh* makes a very slow limp back into the pits (especially when we did it right at the top) and it was cold..... (brrrrrrr!!!!)

Not too bad a time for the day
http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/resul ... 07.WAKE.S1
(Wake) 57 Robert Cavanagh '95 Mitsubishi FTO GR 2B 1:16.6400

Fastest 2 cars for the day
179 Anthony Preston MNR Vortx RT 4E 1:04.2800
98 Matilda Mravicic Mazda MX5 Turbo 4D 1:06.5900

We just did Oran Park GP on Saturday and now have Eastern Creek next weekend
(Oran GP) 57 Robert Cavanagh HCCNSW/SSC '95 Mitsubishi FTO GR 2B 1:26.9900
http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/resul ... 7.ORAN.SS1

Ben - if you get your Teins fixed hopefully we get a chance to race you :D DWP Automotive out at Minto also can rebuild Teins from memory - and the place next door to them makes Custom Springs. Give us a hoy if you have any problems.

Cheers R & T
The Ex-Sec
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

yeah i think boris was also doing 1:16's last time we went.. :)
Jono
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Bennoz wrote:18 cars! Thats a busy day! 1.24 aint too bad :wink:
yep its ok but I know I can get it down to a good 1min 19secs if not lower will have to see with new break set up :twisted:
any one know of a good upgraid :?

and yep 18 cars not a lot of room on track with S**T breaks :lol: :lol: they were all over me
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

just get some rb74 and a Slotted rotors with some good Motul brake fluid and that should be all good
Jono
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

what would be the price for them ?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Found a place in Sydney that will do the Teins (well they actually send them to Fulcrum in QLD, but you dont get charged freight) called Wholesale Suspension in Penrith www.wholesalesuspension.com.au

They are an authorised Tein dealer in NSW. They are Koni dealers & also King Spring dealers. So if your out west in Syd looking to sort your FTO suspension, these guys look the goods. They also reco driveshafts & CVs.
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

coolies bennoz , thanks for the info.

how does comfort compare from your kyb vs teins
Jono
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

Teania wrote:
Fastest 2 cars for the day
179 Anthony Preston MNR Vortx RT 4E 1:04.2800
98 Matilda Mravicic Mazda MX5 Turbo 4D 1:06.5900
fark thats fast....1:06 in the MX5. My mate just finsihed 1st in the WA Dutton rally and his best time at Wakefield is 1:06 in the GTR whihc is pure race setup...
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

Jono wrote:coolies bennoz , thanks for the info.

how does comfort compare from your kyb vs teins
If you're ever in Sydney - give us a hoy. We've got KYB's in mine and the Teins in Roberts - and we can take you for a spin to compare.

The 2 cars drive NOTHING alike. Personally, the Teins handle better than the KYB's - but the ride is definitely rougher. I prefer my KYB's for daily driving!!!!
The Ex-Sec
Jono
Mechanic

Post by Jono »

Yeah, ive had Tein HR's, Rock hard, went to JIC's , Rock hard aswell. :/

Ive raised ride height and run bigger profiles on 17's but my back still aches..
:/
But it is so good on the track with the minimal body roll
Jono