* Event Results
* General Discussions

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Benedict_XIII
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Anyone got fto times for Wakefeild raceway need a benchmark

Post by Benedict_XIII »

Hey everyone im going to organise a trake day for my birthday in early march next year sounds corney and i know its along way away but thats when i get my licence back and my long expected FTo should be up and ready so far ive got these people coming

Relation ride
ME 1995 fto mivec so so so sexy 1 million hp and a black stripe
My dad 1993 Landcruiser running 14psi around 400nm of tourque dont laugh its fast sort of
My Big bro 2002 before liberty 195kwatw so so nice
Mycousin 1981 fiat niki 500kg 160hp alfa romeo boxer midmounted won motor carna a few times and came 6 in go to wo at summer nats

my fieonce 2007 laner es boring but will beaf up susspesion for her
mycousin 2 1999 afla romeo 156 v6 he got for $2000 at pickels auctions
my uncle alfa romeo 75 2.5 v6 bunout machine

Main reason why i put this up is i want to know what kind of times people are getting round wakefield park so it can give me a bench mark to beat or just an idea of how fast she could possibly go round the track
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Pre nitrous & 6A13 I was running late 1.17's, early 1.18's.

Kaveman was running in the super sprint comp & was down as low as 1.15's.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

the last time I went down my mate timed me at 1.16 - 1.18's but I still need a true lap time :roll: not just a hand held timer on a phone.
dam Ben I wish we could have had both the cars on the track at the same time would have been a great mach up :twisted:
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

i might be interested in wakefield. havent been to a track day before and heard it was a good track to start on.
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

i want a track day too!. my fto's gona be track ready soon...i hope.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Sweet! Its been ages since we've actually had more than 2 or 3 cars wanting to hit the track :) Wakefield is a great place to start, you just need a drivers licence, $60 for a Wakefield Licence (valid for 12 months) and $110 for the use of the track.
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

Bennoz wrote:Sweet! Its been ages since we've actually had more than 2 or 3 cars wanting to hit the track :) Wakefield is a great place to start, you just need a drivers licence, $60 for a Wakefield Licence (valid for 12 months) and $110 for the use of the track.
wow. $110. for how many laps? or for how long? how do i apply for wakefield license?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Thats unlimited use for the day. Generally I find that the car only lasts 10 laps before the tyres start to overheat & the brakes turn to mush. Then you come in, give it a rest for 30 mins or so, then head back out again at will :)

The most I got out of a day was about 50 or 60 laps. That pretty much used up 50% of my tyres & was a full tank of fuel. All depends on how many cars are on the track on the day. Its usually best to go during the week, not many folk around then.

You get the Wakefield licence from the track office on the day.
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

what tires would you use during trackday? Better save up for new pads and tires!
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

(yes Ben - I am still around!!! :lol: )

Here's a REAL blast from the past - very early track day with the Godfather and Kaveman
Printed Mon May 17 2004
#2 Kaveman FTO GR 1:20.1330
#27 Godfather FTO GPX 1:21.3580

Supersprinting in 2006
Sun May 07 2006

177 Kaveman - time for each lap 1:19.8200 1:15.8400 1:16.0000 1:16.0600 *:**.**** 1:18.8600 1:16.8900 1:18.2100 1:16.3900 *:**.**** 1:17.8600 1:16.5800 1:16.3000 1:15.9800 *:**.**** 1:32.9400 1:32.8700 1:31.7200 1:32.6900 .... you can tell when it really started to rain hard that day - lap times plummeted!!!!!

Our best was in 2007 Sprints 1.15.37

http://www.motorsportprivateer.com.au/p ... mtg_item=8

We haven't raced this year (bought a house amongst other things) - so keep us in mind for any track days - the boy is itching to take the beastie back on the track!!!!!

Tyres - VERY important - you want a nice soft compound- depending on how hard you push it - they could wear down very quickly, we rolled a tyre off at the last round- that;s when you know you've pushed it to the max :P

Also - suspension that is too hard will slow you down - as will suspension that is too soft. We run Tein suspension - loosened it just a fraction and dropped a second off the lap time.

Cheers
T

(The Ex-Sec)
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

I will be up for a track day as well but I am thinking one of my CV's are on its way out :roll: :oops:
but then it may just be that I need to repack with grees and a new boot for the drive shaft I will have to check it out.
at this point I can just hear a low fast pitch ticking sound not a normal cv tick :scratch:
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

I have a few questions for you guys to answer in regards to wakefield:

1. Whats wakefield like in terms of safety and difficulty for a n00b?
2. Should I have some money saved up for tires/brakes in case they go on the day?
3. Can I take it nice and slow on the day as it would be my first time and I want to discover my limits and get used to the track?

thanks in advance
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

koolio1234 wrote:I have a few questions for you guys to answer in regards to wakefield:

2. Should I have some money saved up for tires/brakes in case they go on the day?
3. Can I take it nice and slow on the day as it would be my first time and I want to discover my limits and get used to the track?

thanks in advance
I was going to ask the exact thing as you, just never got round to it :lol:

Also afew Q's of my own. Is it a booking thing? or arrive and drive?
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

if u guys get a track day organised it would be good to come up and have a spin. I'm sure i could get S1lverfish to come.
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

koolio1234 wrote:I have a few questions for you guys to answer in regards to wakefield:

thanks in advance
1- Probaly the best track for someone new to start with - no nasty big walls to hit
2- Always a good idea - but it all depends on how hard you push the car
3- You drive at the pace you feel comfortable with - the idea is to get faster each time you go as you become more comfortable

Cheers
Tanya
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I'd recommend getting another set of rims with some good tyres specifically for the track. Hey Tanya, didn't you guys get quicker times out of 16" rims? (aka stockies)
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

khunjeng wrote:if you guys get a track day organised it would be good to come up and have a spin. I'm sure i could get S1lverfish to come.
well if you two will be making a trip up for a track day then I will be in for it :twisted: would be great to see the track full of FTO's :twisted:
let us know when its good for you to come up and we can go from there.
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

aza013 wrote:
khunjeng wrote:if you guys get a track day organised it would be good to come up and have a spin. I'm sure i could get S1lverfish to come.
well if you two will be making a trip up for a track day then I will be in for it :twisted: would be great to see the track full of FTO's :twisted:
let us know when its good for you to come up and we can go from there.
I'II talk to Si1lverfish and see if we can organize as weekend. I don't like to drive the FTO too hard but would be nice ot give it a go.
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

I'd be up for a drive down as well, just need a few months notices. Wouldn't be until about April next year till I can do it though.
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

Bennoz wrote:I'd recommend getting another set of rims with some good tyres specifically for the track. Hey Tanya, didn't you guys get quicker times out of 16" rims? (aka stockies)
You would be correct!!!