* General Discussions

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

xSlurpee
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

WSID Drag results ... 14.5 SECS!

Post by xSlurpee »

No i wish i even got 15's lol

I think my car is more on the slow side compared to what nvr2low and other guys ran in the motorsport section ....
anyways my friends booked a lane at wsid and i got 9runs (they had 10-11) from 6pm-9pm (bloody awesome) :thumright:

heres some of my results :
1st run - 16.508 // 0.935 // 137.50 (floored it in auto)
2nd run - 16.409 // 0.377 // 134.69 (floored in auto)
3rd run - 16.306 // 0.222 // 137.15 (7.5k shifts)
4th run - 16.360 // 0.149 // 135.75 (red line shifts)
my best run - 16.009 // 0.152 // 138.61 (8k then 7.6k)

are these times about right? im happy with them but i think manual would've easily made a whole second difference ... ohhh and my best reaction time was a 0.008 (woot) yet i still ran 16.315 :(

i really recommend ftoau to organise a drag day!! *winks at aza*

:lol: :lol:
Last edited by xSlurpee on Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

well done mate you would have beaten me by .191 hehe. i havent been back since i did all the exhaust and stuff and wont until i change the motor.
well done mate good to see your doing it on the track not the street
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

good stuff mate, thats about right though is it still standard?
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Thats not bad mate, thats good :)

Probably your best comparison will be with AJ's car when he & I had a couple of runs. Major difference is that he has the UAS collector section in his exhuast. He was able to run 15.6 in his tip. My best was a 14.9 & that was with nos.
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

im going to re dyno ... my car felt slower after playing with my CAT, and mind you i was running with about 30% petrol, and no sub and spare tyre ...

if im in the 3 digits and running those times ...

all mods aside and manual conversion is first priority! :lol:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

well done on your times mate :twisted:

I would love to know what times I can get but I rather get on a track that you can turne on rather than just hold on and hit the gas, but thats just me lol
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

aza013 wrote:well done on your times mate :twisted:

I would love to know what times I can get but I rather get on a track that you can turne on rather than just hold on and hit the gas, but thats just me lol
yeah im the same but would definitly love to see what i get
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

Mmm, I wouldn't mind going and doing a few runs. I've wanted to go but always put it off cos it's kinda pushing the engine harder than my comfort zone allows me. Aren't you actually going slower if you're shifting at redline? :?
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

^ OMFG are you really such a pussy driver 8O :lol: :lol:

optimum shift time is usually just before redline so if on dyno your car peaks power at 8k than any after that is a decline in power, therefore more beneficial to change and keep the power on the increase all the time
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

ahh i thought soo, the mivec starts dropping power pass 7.8k i would assume

2nd gear is whats slowing you down ... its just wayyy tooo long IMHO

what can fix all this and allow me to run mid 15's? a dam manual :lol:
TA
Grease Monkey

Post by TA »

charlie, let your pride go...

you let your civic mate beat you haha :oops:
alekazam
Mechanic

Post by alekazam »

xSlurpee wrote:ahh i thought soo, the mivec starts dropping power pass 7.8k i would assume

2nd gear is whats slowing you down ... its just wayyy tooo long IMHO

what can fix all this and allow me to run mid 15's? a dam manual :lol:
lower profile front tyres will make it rev up quicker in all gears
xSlurpee
Oldtimer

Post by xSlurpee »

lol they're 30 at the fronts ... and i dropped my tyre psi to 24 ... it gripped perfectly but i dont know why im getting soo crap terminal speeds ... like 130-137kmh :?

and nah i beat the one that invited me hahaha he kept running 16.5's amd blaming that his crunching his gears .... doesnt matter my excuse always wins

im automatic :lol:
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

vipfto wrote:^ OMFG are you really such a pussy driver 8O :lol: :lol:
LMFAO, so true.
lol they're 30 at the fronts ... and i dropped my tyre psi to 24 ... it gripped perfectly but i dont know why im getting soo crap terminal speeds ... like 130-137kmh

and nah i beat the one that invited me hahaha he kept running 16.5's amd blaming that his crunching his gears .... doesnt matter my excuse always wins

im automatic
Well theres part of your problem right there, why did you drop your tyre pressure so low. You hardly have a massive HP engine that you need that much grip :roll: Mate its good that your 2nd goes for so long (less gear changes the better) However as soon as you start to feel the power tappering off, you need to be changing gear.
what can fix all this and allow me to run mid 15's? a dam manual
An engine mgmt system it not only gives you a boost in KW's but it also (if tuned correctly) takes out all the flat spots in the power curve, which fto's are common for.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

24 psi is fine, thats around where I usually set my fronts. As after you burnout through the water, that will increase the tyre temp & therfore pressure.

Also, dont forget to pump the rear tyres right up, I'd aim for 44 psi or so. That will reduce the rolling friction of the rear & it will also counter act the 'bog down' that the rears of fwd cars have when taking off.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

vipfto wrote:^ OMFG are you really such a pussy driver 8O :lol: :lol:

optimum shift time is usually just before redline so if on dyno your car peaks power at 8k than any after that is a decline in power, therefore more beneficial to change and keep the power on the increase all the time
lol yea, I guess I am - But if never redlining means no problems ever (never even had an oil leak) then I'd like to think it's making a difference :)

When I go on a cruise, I'll push the car, but never redline!
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Bennoz wrote:24 psi is fine, thats around where I usually set my fronts. As after you burnout through the water, that will increase the tyre temp & therfore pressure.
Did he do burnouts though?? and if he did, did he actually get enough heat into them to increase the pressure??
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

sublime19 wrote:But if never redlining means no problems ever!
It doesnt mean that all, We would have cars come in that would have only ever been driven by little old ladies to 3k and they would suffer problems like cars that have been driven hard. However, by driving like a little bitch you are decreasing the chances of things going wrong but your not totally eliminating them.
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

I8A4RE wrote:
by driving like a little bitch you are decreasing the chances of things going wrong but your not totally eliminating them.
well no sh*t sherlock, thanks for proving my point :P
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

sublime19 wrote:
I8A4RE wrote:
by driving like a little bitch you are decreasing the chances of things going wrong but your not totally eliminating them.
well no sh*t sherlock, thanks for proving my point :P
OMFG you noob
sublime19 wrote:But if never redlining means no problems ever
but your not totally eliminating them.
Hows that proving your point ................insert FACEPALM