* Event Results
* General Discussions

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Shane001
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Eastern Creek Practice Day Saturday 16/1

Post by Shane001 »

If anyone is in the area on Saturday or sitting at home bored with nothing to do, drop out to Eastern Creek raceway and say gday!

I'll be out with the FTO for my first practice/test day in preparation for Bathurst at Easter (more to come on that shortly). I expect it will be a busy day with a lot of cars out testing, especially for the upcoming 12 hour at Bathurst in February, so shoud be plenty of cars to check out.

Entry for spectators is free. If you're coming out best to enter from the south side of the circuit where you go to enter the WSID. Park your car on the hill then walk under the bridge down into the pits. I'll be in one of the garages, can't miss me, will likely be the only FTO there (silver GPX). Anyone who wants to offer some advise or a helping hand is also welcome :)

It'd be great to see a line up of FTO's on the hill as I come around turn 2 :)
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

if i dont go into work i'll come for sure... miss EC. need to fix a leak before i can track again :(
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Yeah it's a great track, love racing at EC :)

For anyone who is coming out just check in here on Sat morning just in case something comes up and I don't make it out. U never know... Would still be worth going out anyway though, should be some great cars out there on Saturday.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Racecars all packed and ready to go 8)
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Good luck Shane and have a sh*t load of fun :twisted:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I may pop in, I'll be in the area :)
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

I'm exhausted, I'll post a wrap up of the day tomorrow 8)

Good to see a few of the forum members out for a look, even had a couple of FTO's parked on the hill at turn 2 for the last session :) Thanks to J, Ollie, & Bennoz for coming out to say hi! Hope I put on a good show for u guys ;)

But what a busy day, that was the busiest practice day I've ever been to at EC...

Time to go get pizza & beer 8)

PS: I got my :57 8)
Last edited by Shane001 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

Congrats on the time, should be there next time as I only live about 5 minutes away :D
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

haha thought you would.

were you running the toyo proxes in the final session? or did you swap them out?

ive got quite a few videos of you entering and exiting turn two and also a few pics that i took.

if you like i can post them up
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Found some previous results from a Supersprints day out there in 07. Includes Kavemans FTO to give you some time comparisons. 1.57 is pretty quick!

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/resul ... 07.ARDC.S1

And here's another one from a Circuit Club day. No FTO's but with Circuit Club, its full of ricers to compare with. You can see the Intergra is our main competitor in this category.

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/resul ... 07.EAST.S1
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

A 1:57 is a top time well done.
Would be great to get down to Wakefield park some time when your free so we can see how we can go against you :twisted:
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Thanks guys, the car as it is now is good for 55's, had we had more sessions I reckon I may have got a 56 out of her, looking at my incar last night there was a lot of work still to do.

Shame it was so busy, normally u get 20mins an hour, yesterday we only got 20mins every 2 hours, and the last session was only 10mins. So only an hour 10 all up track time... :(

J, last session I ran the Dunlop medium hards on the front and the Toyo hards on the rear again, but dropped a few psi out of the front, got too high in the third session. Definitely quicker with the softer tyre on the front but tore them up again... Still need more camber.
(footnote, I had a mix of tyres for this weekend, the Dunlops were still pretty good but the Toyo's were getting pretty low on grip).

J, I definitely want to get a copy of those videos. Any chance of putting them on DVD for me and post em (I figure they're too big to email lol)?

Aza, mate organise the day, I was talking to a guy at the track yesterday, I think you can hire the entire circuit for a day for about $200 each with around 25 cars. Just have to get the numbers. But make it after Easter (Bathurst) lol, I'll be pretty busy until then. How cool would it be to have Wakefield full of FTO's only for the day! :)
I plan to race at Wakefield later in the year :)

PS: Thanks Ben for the links. It's interesting looking back through Natsoft times ;)
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

OK a quick wrap up, thanks for everyone for their congrats on the laptime, but I was a bit dissappointed not to be closer to a 55 tbh. But we didn't get much track time and I was messing around with tyres and sh*t so a 57 is pretty good 8)

I achieved what I wanted for the day though, a baseline time that I can now use to compare once I improve the suspension. Next step now is to install some new front bushes, a set of used Tein coilovers, new drop links, front wheel bearings, and then set as much camber as I can in the front and rear, and hopefully be back out to test it again at EC in 3 weeks (Fri, 5th Feb). Hopefully with the new suspension I should be under the 1:55 mark.

Then I just need more power lol!
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Ok cool. I will look into it and set somthing up.
We normally just go on a open day Monday/ Tuesday as not a lot of cars go and it's only $110 for the day.
Last time I went on a tuesday we had 5 cars all day :D
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Yeah I imagine it'd be difficult getting 25 cars to commit, plus a bitch to organise!

So yeah let me know when u're planning another trip down for a standard open day and I'll see if I can make it. Only thing is I'll have to check that racecars are allowed on the same day. Haven't been for a practice day at Wakefield since the new owners so not sure what their policy is, they may do separate days for street and racecars now.

PS: As long as I'm not on the track the same time as Ben, don't want to be blown away on the straights lol ;)
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Just uploaded a couple of new pics to my gallery :D
http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... emId=68726
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

cool pics :twisted:
Dras
Mechanic

Post by Dras »

LOL

Have you replaced your drivers side indicator pod recently?
In the pics you can still see FTO written in pink on it :P.
Tippin
Oldtimer

Post by Tippin »

leaving the exterior stock?
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

In the class that he races in it has to stay stock.