* General Discussions

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Its a sad day :(

Post by Bennoz »

I hope whoever made the decision rots in hell :(

RIP Oran Park. Hope the new 'residents' appreciate the motor sport heritage they will be living on.

J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

http://www.projectddriftclub.com.au/vie ... =5366#5366

^^^^^^^

i never got to do north or south :( :(

i always planned to do the skidpan in the future aswell... its a sad day for car enthusiasts all around australia

funny that the government crack down hard on street racing/drifting when hey take away oran park to make way for new suburbs (''oran park town'' wtf are they thinking) which ive heard is one of the funnest tracks in australia and take away drift school and the skidpan where sensible people who want to take racing off the streets go.

its f**king rediculous :evil: :evil: :evil:

wakefield is 2-3hr drive from sydney and they dont run private practice days at eastern creek anymore, when EC does allow private days - prices are through the roof

so angry...

EDIT:

RIP ORAN PARK
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Yes it's a very sad day, Oran Park was a balls and all racetrack, hell of a drive :(

There's a petition getting around to try to pressure govt into looking at a new track.
http://www.ipraforum.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5650

Get everyone you know to sign it!
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

What sh*ts me even more, they go on about hoons every second night in the news, but where is the safe motorsport promotion?????

Just once, I'd like to hear that mole Tracy Grimshaw at the end of a P plater incident story go "Especially considering they could have spent $50 to do this drag race legally at Eastern Creek on any given Wednesday night"
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

:cry: takes hat off and dips head down :cry:
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

Very disappointing that they're slimming down our options. :(
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Well they can stick that where the sun don't shine :evil: put back the track !!!!
FknTopOne
Grease Monkey

Post by FknTopOne »

The stupid street circuit mentality in Australia ie Albert Park, Adelaide, Bathurst & Now Homebush means that Australia as a whole has no internationally recognised, dedicated motorsport venue. Probably Phillip Island comes closest.

If you look at the expense of setting up these street events year in year out surely there must be savings in having a dedicated 'World class' venue.
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

FknTopOne wrote:The stupid street circuit mentality in Australia ie Albert Park, Adelaide, Bathurst & Now Homebush means that Australia as a whole has no internationally recognised, dedicated motorsport venue. Probably Phillip Island comes closest.

If you look at the expense of setting up these street events year in year out surely there must be savings in having a dedicated 'World class' venue.
Very true, government has got its priorities mixed up...they're treating it as if we're running out of space :roll: What makes this even more idiotic is that ground surveys revealed Oran park is built on contaminated soil making it perfectly useful for a track and not housing.
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]