* Event Results
* General Discussions

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Shane001
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

We're going to Bathurst!!

Post by Shane001 »

Pack u're bags ladies and gents we're going to Bathurst!!

To the best of my knowledge the Mitsubishi FTO has NEVER raced at Mt Panorama, EVER!! WTF!!?! Well we're going to fix that little glitch of motorsport history ;)

On the Easter long weekend (April 2-4) we'll be racing with Prod Sports at the FOSC (Festival of Sporting Cars) annual race event at one of the greatest race tracks in the world, Mt Panorama, Bathurst.

I haven't seen an entry list yet but I expect we'll be racing with MX-5's, RX7's, Porsches, Lotus Elise's and maybe even the odd Ferarri! They even had a Ford GT40 replica racing last year.

As well as Prod Sports there will be several other categories including Improved Production, Group A & Group C, Historics and Combined Touring. So there will be plenty of variety and lots of racing all weekend long, including several big V8's and plenty of turbo's. Then on the Monday & Tuesday there is a 2 day regularity event (racing your times, not each other...supposedly lol). So 5 days of action packed racing around the mountain. Should be a great event!

Currently I'm entered for the race component of the weekend only. I'm keen to do the 6 hour regularity relay on the Monday / Tuesday also if I can pick up a sponsor for the event. Anyone interested? ;)

If anyone wants to come out for the weekend, tickets are $50 for a 3 day pass (Fri to Sun) or for individual days, its Friday $20, Saturday $25 and Sunday $20. For Monday and Tuesday a 2 day Pass is $30, while daily tickets are $20 each. (Children under 16 accompanied by an adult admitted free.) All tickets include access to the paddock area and grandstand, plus entry discounts to the National Motor Racing Museum on Conrod Straight. Camping will also be available onsite in the paddock behind the garages. I don't have a confirmed price on this yet but last year was $88 for the 3 day weekend for a 10x7 site. We'll likely be camping this year to keep costs down. Might be a good excuse for a weekend long cruise :idea:

For more details visit www.fosc.com.au.

I'll be posting more info up in the coming weeks. Can't wait 8)
Last edited by Shane001 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
alekazam
Mechanic

Post by alekazam »

thats really cool i wish i can be there do you plan on making a video it?
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

alekazam wrote:thats really cool i wish i can be there do you plan on making a video it?
Yep, currently have 2 in car cameras, hoping to have time to fit a third on the front bumper 8)

Also if anyone is thinking of coming up and owns a handicam please let me know. I'm really keen to get some trackside footage at certain points around the track.
J
Oldtimer

Post by J »

i'd love to come. buying my first SLR, canon 500D w/ HD recording so i'll be making use of any events upcoming to hone my skills.

if im free ill make the trip out there.

alekazam - any tips with paning shots?
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Number 1 tip, buy a monopod, and don't use a fast shutter speed.

It takes a lot of practice to get it right, and there are very few photographers that can do it, but if you can pan and hold the car in focus while the background blurrs, this makes for the best motorsport photos IMO. 8)

Otherwise the photos just look like the car is parked on the track :roll:
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

Seriously, Shane, good on you for getting the FTO out there. Always a good read in your threads.

Just out of curiosity, why kind of modification list is your track FTO supported by? I know nothing of this king of motor sport. Are performance and suspension modifications allowed, or does the car have to be relatively factory to enter into certain categories?
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Thanks Pete, I'm planning to put up a 'central' thread for my motorsport activities soon, with some more info about the car and the category I race in, so watch this space ;)

In the meantime the specific regs I race under are Prod Sports 2F.
http://www.camsmanual.com.au/pdf/02_rac ... F_Q110.pdf
Key point, if it doesn't say u can do it, u can't... :evil:
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Less than 2 weeks to go and still so much to do...

Anyone coming up for the weekend? Bummer it's the weekend before the bonfire... :(
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Less than a week to go and still so much to do...

Got my front calipers back yesterday. Refitting these tomorrow.

eManage Ultimate is almost wired up. Just need to recheck everything, figure out where I'm going to mount it, then hopefully be testing this tomorrow also.

Booked into the dyno on Monday afternoon, then possibly off to Wakefield on Tuesday for a final test run since we didn't get much of a run Monday.

Fit new (secondhand) tyres on Wednesday and load the car.

Then off to Bathurst on Thursday morning :D

So who's coming out to spectate?
Let me know if you might like to help out as a volunteer flag marshall. You get full training, free entry, free camping, free breakfast, free lunch and free entry to the after race parties. You also get a free T-Shirt and absolute trackside viewing! Great way to get involved in motorsport!
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

I wish I could go :( as it would be a great weekend of racing.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Don't worry aza, I'll get plenty of footage for ya ;)
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Sweeeeeet :twisted:
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

meh, I'll wait for the movie..
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I'll be there :) Taking the misses & a mate up. Will be camping up top!
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

You're in for a great weekend of motorsport Ben :D

We'll be in Garage 36 if you make it down to the pits. We're camping along the fence at the bottom of Mountain Straight. Drop down and check out some videos after the racing finishes 8)

Are you taking a video camera per chance? I'm keen to get some static footage of the FTO across the top.

Some of the cars competing in my categorie include Porsches, Lotus's, the GT-40 replica, PRB Clubmans and lots of Mazda MX-5's. Be interesting to see how the FTO goes at Bathurst. It's certainly quicker through corners with the new suspension, and I hope to get a good horsepower gain from the eManage Ultimate! 8)
koolio1234
Oldtimer

Post by koolio1234 »

If I can squeeze a day free, I'll come down...what day would be best to come on shane?
[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww104/thekrevolution/FTOFINALSIGNATUREcopy.png[/img]
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

We have qualifying and one race on Friday. Then 2 races on Saturday. Then only 1 race on Sunday morning. So for a single day Saturday is your best bet.

Here's a link to the event schedule for the weekend. My categorie is Marque Sports.
http://www.fosc.com.au/Documents/Bathur ... hedule.pdf

And here's a complete entry list.
http://www.fosc.com.au/Documents/Bathur ... etters.pdf
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yeah Im thinking Saturday. I've also got all the old mini racing guys I used to run with & all the Appendix J cars running in historic. Gonna be some great cars.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

eMU's installed... and working 8)
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Frustrating day at the dyno. The eManage trips a fault in the factory ecu stopping mivec and preventing the engine from revving over 6250rpm. Sounds the same symptoms as here;
http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... 291#132291

I had the GTO adapter hooked up, tried resetting the jumpers and the config to add only, idle was already above 1000rpm... Tried it without the injectors wired through the eManage, tried it without the ignition wired through the emanage... No go...

The only thing still being intercepted is the map sensor, so obviously something is not right here, tried a couple of different sensors in the software config to no avail...

So it looks like we go to Bathurst without any extra power :cry:

On the positive we did test the speed limit with the speed sensor wire to the factory ecu disconnected, and this removed the speed limit! We ran it to 230kph in 5th several times with no issues, so at least we won't be topping out at 190kph on Conrod 8)