Racing Eastern Creek May 29/30 - FREE ENTRY :)

FTO's in Motor Sport.
* Event Results
* General Discussions

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Shane001
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Racing Eastern Creek May 29/30 - FREE ENTRY :)

Post by Shane001 »

We're off racing again 8)

The weekend after Superlap is the ARDC Sports Car Carnival. I'll be racing with Prod Sports in another 1 hour enduro event. Qualifying and a short race on the Saturday, and then the 1hr enduro on the Sunday. Should be a great weekend with a lot of exotic sports cars on track, including the monster black GT40 of Ian Pretty and the regular Lotus rocket ships and Porsches. Will be watching my mirrors again lol!

Once I have more info and the event schedule I'll post it up. Best thing is this event is free entry for spectators!!!! So no excuses guys, I expect to see a dozen FTO's lined up on the hill at turn 2 supporting the cause 8) :lol:

I'll need 1 or 2 volunteers for the weekend as well if anyone wants to help out; aza u free this weekend ;).

More info to come as we get closer.

Cheers.
Last edited by Shane001 on Mon May 24, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Re: Racing Eastern Creek May 29/30

Post by aza013 »

Bummer no I can't make this one sorry :(
Shane001
Oldtimer

Re: Racing Eastern Creek May 29/30 - FREE ENTRY :)

Post by Shane001 »

Did I mention this is also Rd3 of the Australian GT Championship 8)

So as well as japanese exotics like the FTO ;), there will be Lamborghini's, Mosler's, Maserati's, Dodge Viper's, Corvette's, the usual Porsche's, an Audi R8 & a Nissan R35 GTR! Not bad value for a free day out in Sydney ;)

We're in garage 45, be sure to pop in and say hi :)

PS: I'll post up the schedule tomorrow.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Your not making it any better for me :(. I love the viper's and corvette's.

Oh well.
Have a great day out :twisted:
Rambo
Grease Monkey

Post by Rambo »

I might come down on the saturday if nothing comes up
JDMstyletuning.com
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

The event schedule is up;
http://www.eastern-creek-raceway.com/pd ... etable.pdf

On Sat I'm hoping to be in Prod Sports Driver B group, but won't know until Sat morning.

Unfortunately it looks like it's going to be a wet one :(
So we won't be running slicks :evil:
And depending how bad it is on Sunday we may even sit out. The risk level increases incrementally in the wet and I can't afford another damaged racecar :cry:

I'll keep everyone posted via this thread throughout the weekend.

Also if anyone is thinking of coming out on Sunday i still need 1 or 2 people to help out during my pit stop. Don't worry, no tyre changing or refuelling lol. I need someone as car controller and someone to swap the memory card in my rear view camera ;)
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Did a PB today in the FTO, 1:55.1. It was so busy though it was hard to get a decent run. This was on semi slicks in the second session this morning (first session was bedding brakes). I then splashed out for a set of (used) slicks but unfortunately didn't get a clean run in either of the afternoon sessions. Hoping to be in the 54's tomorrow though 8)

(praying the rain stays away... :evil: )
Last edited by Shane001 on Fri May 28, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

You are just abit short of the time attack champion of 1:30. keep it up mate!
btw, i MIGHT drop by to say hi!
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

^^ haha, yeah, a bit short on budget too lol!

Yeah drop in and say Hi I'm in garage 45 8)
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Bit of a mixed day at the track today, the weather was always going to be an issue though.

When we arrived the track was pretty wet. Ours was the 5th qualifying session, and with each session the track was getting drier, but with rain constantly threatening and only one set of rims, I had to make a decision whether to risk it and stay on slicks or play it safe and switch back to semi slicks. So I put the semi slicks back on and of course it didn't rain... I think I would have still been slower on slicks though as the semi's are a softer compound.

We qualified 31st out of 33 cars with a 2:04. Way off the pace but I was deliberately taking it easy, the track was still slippery in places so didn't want to risk binning it. I was getting faster every lap though and the last lap would have been faster again except for running into traffic... Still very happy with the handling of the car so things looking good for the weekend.
http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/resul ... 10.ARDC.Q4
http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/resul ... .ARDC.Q4.I

Race 1 was a little wetter than qualifying with several corners very slippery, so times were down again. I managed to make up several places though to finish 27th. Again quite happy with the handling and getting more confident with the car in slippery conditions.
http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/resul ... 10.ARDC.R4
http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/resul ... .ARDC.R4.I

Tomorrow's 1 hour race is at approx 2:30 so we get to have a sleep in tomorrow. :)
The forecast is looking a little better so we might even end up with a dry race, which would be awesome, time to put the slicks back on! Unfortunately we start back on our qualifying times, so I'll be looking to pick off several cars off the start.

One of the highlights from today was the yellow Lamborghini that's running with us this weekend. This thing is an absolute rocket and a beautiful car. Third lap of race 1 coming over the rise into turn 4 all of a sudden my mirrors are full of yellow supercar! As I came off the straight into turn 1 he was no where to be seen that's how fast he came up on me!! And the GT Championship cars are awesome. I watched most of their 1 hour race this afternoon and they are all amazing cars to watch. Maybe if I win lotto tonight... lol!
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

PS: The above mentioned Lamborghini did a 1:30.1 on a not quite dry track 8O

That's f#@*ing fast!!
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

Shane001 wrote:PS: The above mentioned Lamborghini did a 1:30.1 on a not quite dry track 8O

That's f#@*ing fast!!
the driver must be pretty damn good as well! and why he did not show up in the world time attack challenge!
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Allan Simonsen is a professional GT / Le Mans driver from Europe. I doubt someone of his calibre would be interested in one lap dashes. (not to suggest the Time Attack guys aren't good drivers, but yeah different class of driver)...

Plus, I doubt he would have been able to fit it in lol!
http://allansimonsen.com/calendar.html
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Looks like we're back on slicks today 8)

Is anyone coming out for a look? I really need someone to help out during my pit stop at around 3pm :(
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Awesome race today!!

First the weather was perfect, not a drop of rain in sight :D
So much for hurricanes & gale force winds lol!

We ran on slicks and the car was almost perfect, smashed my PB with multiple 1:52 laps! Don't have the exact lap times yet as for some reason our race isn't yet up on Natsoft.

Had some great battles out there with MX5's and a 400hp MkIV Supra! He passed me on the straight not long after my pitstop. I then passed him back into turn 2 and was all over him in the corners but didn't have the power to stay with him in the straights. Should have some pretty awesome video!

Unfortunately a few laps from the end of the race something in the gearbox failed, coming out of turn 9 I went to change up into 3rd but no drive. I could select gears but nothing was getting to the wheels. So had to roll off to the side. Not sure what's wrong yet, hopefully nothing major. Disappointing as apparently I was 18th outright at the time and 3rd in class, and closing on 2nd. So we would have been coming home with a trophy 8)

Awesome race though! When we finally get the emanage working I reckon we'll be into the high 1:40 laptimes at EC. Fuckin love this car lol 8)
mr-charisma
Oldtimer

Post by mr-charisma »

@ Shane - What mods have you done to your car? & how much HP does she have?
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

That's great news right up to when you said you had to pull off the track.
Fingers Xed it's nothing big mate.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Not a lot, 168fwhp / 125kw. Tein suspension. That's about it 8)

PS: It's all driver talent lol ;)
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

aza013 wrote:That's great news right up to when you said you had to pull off the track.
Fingers Xed it's nothing big mate.
Yeah I'm hoping it's just a stripped driveshaft spline. Posted up a thread in the Help section. If it's the diff I'll be putting a full spool in, LSD's are too much maintenance on the race track.

I had her pretty wound up though, reckon I might have almost done a 51 in the last few laps as the fuel burnt off :twisted:
pete_gpx
Mechanic

Post by pete_gpx »

Post videos! :)