Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Brent88 still doesn't know where to post properly

Post by brent88 »

brent88
Mechanic

Rally car- could use some advice for better times

Post by brent88 »

Hey, do a local Motorkhana and autocross and need to adjust some settings etc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhOZv983e7A is a link to a vid of it rallying. heres a description of what happens when i drive it round the track:ok so takeoff is reasonable average and if i drop the clutch at any sorta revs i wheelspin this is with 60-70% rear tyres and a locked diff i assume ballast weight in rear could be the awnsewr but im going to try and remove more weight from front to get same effect also could lower springsa in back but i think if i cut em unless i weld em back in they will pop out.

so next i go around a corner brake heavily for it with a fair amount of front tyre slippage so just feathering it trying not to let tyres slide(tyres were 35-40%) but have been replaced with nerw items. take the corner can feel 1 rear wheel slipping and try to slide it a little because thats the only way it will really take the corner due to locked diff. try and power out but have to be conservative as the front gets really ''washy'' and with enough power the rear slips because of the front so by the time im getting power down im nearly at the next corner

since last event/video i have replaced front tyres@$120 ea, tightened handbrake cable and removed button, replaced 40cm steering wheel with 32cm 1 thats thicker and has a marker at top, installed a 4 point racing harness, fixed worn throttle linkage(3-5% more throttle) checked fluids, cleaned air filter, found out that rear right tyre was 40 psi so let it down to 30psi like the rest, going to take out passenger seat at event and installed a tailshaft loop:)

what are your thoughts?
ps ooh yeah and its a datsun 200b(didnt know if id get the same level of attention if id have mentioned it earlier)
heres a vid of my FTO doing a motorkhana though where i placed 32/53: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tbjc48N ... re=related
brent88
Mechanic

Re: What work did you do on your car today?

Post by brent88 »

Click onto this if you think you can help with my car setup and lap times:)
http://ftoaustralia.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=24295
Thanks
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Re: Rally car- could use some advice for better times

Post by I8A4RE »

You don't need to post the same sh*t all over the forum. We are small community and will see your post.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
brent88
Mechanic

Post by brent88 »

still waiting random numbers and letters for the day you actually contribute to a post or thread because then you would have just realised your in a ''forum'' :)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...