* Event Results
* General Discussions

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Shane001
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Bathurst Motor Festival Easter 2012

Post by Shane001 »

I can't believe there's only a half a dozen threads between this and last year's event thread! This section of the forum is way under utilised :lol:

4th year in a row at Bathurst this year. Same format as large year; practice and qualifying on Friday, 2x 30min races on Saturday and then our 1 hour race on Sunday. Should be another huge weekend of motorsport!

As usual I'm struggling to find the time to get the car ready. If anyone's interested in helping out please pm me, I would really appreciate any help offered :) Also looking for a couple of people for pitcrew this year, my regular can't make it, but I'll post up more info on this soon.

More info here;
http://bathurstmotorfestival.com.au/

I'll post up more details as they come to hand.
evoman
Grease Monkey

Re: Bathurst Motor Festival Easter 2012

Post by evoman »

How did you end up going Shane?

Was good seeing you flying the FTO flag in among all the exotic GT3's and Lotus's etc.
I didn't see you on run Sunday, but I saw on the timing you did a 2.45 which I thought was a fairly decent time for an FTO, especially considering one of the guys in the regularity section who was in a Evo 8 was doing 2.42 pretty much flat chat. Guess it all comes down to the driver though, but still.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Agree need info :D .
How was it?
Did 5th gear hold up this year?
Where did you place?
Where there any problems that you need to look into?
But most of all are you happy with your out come of the event?
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Yeah bit of an average weekend unfortunately. The car really wasn't ready, we needed an extra track day at Wakefield to get the tuning right. So we spent Friday basically getting it tuned on track in practice and qualifying. Saturday race 1 we were looking OK for the weekend though, the car was running well enough to be competitive and go faster than last year. But then we refuelled for race 2 using the compulsory fuel suppliers fuel and everything went downhill from there. The car just didn't run right for the rest of the weekend. We did run in the SUnday race but were in and out of the pits trying to figure out what was wrong. Natsoft shows us as a DNF but we did actually finish the race, I went back out again on the final lap.

Best lap for the weekend was a 2:45 which was similar to last year. But with new slicks and 5th gear this year we would have easily done a 2:42 or possibly even into the high 2:30's, but was not to be. Very frustrating... But the car's still straight so that's the main thing, a lot of cars crashing out this year.
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Sounds a bit of a bummer but still a win :D .
As you said car is still good and straight, you have another race meet at Bathurst under your belt, great lap times :D that to me is a big win.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

Yeah the allure of just being at Bathurst isn't enough any more sadly, this was my fourth year in a row and I really wanted to do well this year. I reckon I could have gone close to a high 2:30 lap time. And other than Race 1 we were pretty much in and out of the pits all weekend so yeah just a frustrating weekend. But could have been a lot worse I guess.
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

New 2012 spec pic :D

aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

Looks great Shane :thumright: it also looks like you have some new sponsors too.
Also the white rims work with the grey :D .
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Looks great Shane, top work!
Just curious, does the car still have to be road spec with headlights and indicators.
Tail lights obviously needed for brakes, but do you need the lights at the front?