* Event Results
* General Discussions

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

zuihoujueding
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Trackday at Wakefield soon

Post by zuihoujueding »

thats sournds easy enough, but thats physically even harder!

the balancing act of handling two pedals(clutch and brake) of totally different pressures is a work of a pro... ;)
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

It won't take long for you to get it working :D .
You would get that down before you work out break and gas :lol: .
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

I watched a doco a while back and the race drivers' advice was "you should either be on the brakes or flat to the floor accelerating, no inbetween, not even for a second"
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
aza013
NSW Coordinator

Post by aza013 »

100% right but in turns different story.
Shane will be the best one to answer this any way :D .
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

:D

The answer is not that simple. Technically yes you should be brake or accel only, and learn how to trail brake into a corner (google it lol).

But with some cars if you are skilled enough you can increase corner speed by controlling car balance modulating both pedals through the corner. This is pretty advanced though.

Also I would generally not recommend using left foot for brake / right foot for accelerator, especially do not do this on the road. Firstly I'm pretty sure it is illegal (and for very good reason), secondly if you are ever in an emergency brake situation, subconsciously you will plant both feet to the floor, hitting both the accelerator and the brake. Very dangerous and hence why it is illegal to drive this way on the road, even with an auto. I have known people who have nearly killed themselves doing this!

The generally recommended and most widely used method is heel toe. Only very limited drivers carry on use of left foot / right foot from their karting days (Greg Murphy is a case in point).

As for what gear to be in, you really don't want to be dropping your revs below around 4K in the FTO at the track.

Sorry haven't had time to look at the vids 8O I'm sure you had fun though :thumleft:
zuihoujueding
Oldtimer

Post by zuihoujueding »

finally a pro has spoken!

But i suggest you to watch the vid thou...and give me somemore pointers! :lol:
Shane001
Oldtimer

Post by Shane001 »

zuihoujueding wrote:finally a pro has spoken!
Nope, not me, but constantly improving :thumleft:

I'd suggest have a look at my videos and do a comparison ;)
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

I'm far from a pro to, but watching your vid, I'd say that turn 8 needs the most work, the line was all wrong and the car in front always pulled way ahead from you here. You need to take it from the outside, not the inside. A mistake I made at Wakefeild until I followed Aza around and took the wider angle.