FTO's in Motor Sport.
* Event Results
* General Discussions

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

FtoSam
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by FtoSam »

actually... im not a fan of doing burnouts because of the strain they put on the drivetrain...

havent done one since i turbo'd the thing... but if i get a dman good set of CVs then it may be alright...

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

fair enough, but how much heat are you getting built up at the moment, I was just thinking you could leave the car idleing to build up some heat but then woke up to myself and realised that really wouldn't help inlet temps :roll: :lol:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Dont worry about busting stuff when your doing burnouts, worry about it when you are trying to get traction. Thats when it breaks.
nosman
Grease Monkey

Post by nosman »

hehehe Sam finally on the drag strip, nice work mate and time. Cant wait to see her when i get back haha.

p.s my evo will chop it :D
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Post by FtoSam »

nosman wrote:hehehe Sam finally on the drag strip, nice work mate and time. Cant wait to see her when i get back haha.

p.s my evo will chop it :D
just get your arse over here and buy jeffs car before he sells it!!!!

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

is it just me or that strip in the picture on a fairly sleep down slope? :)
nvr2low
Oldtimer

Post by nvr2low »

yeah man that is willowbank u cant see the finish line haha lucky for those time panels showing u who won haha my dads mate started willowbank with some of his mates
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

Came back from the last round of the High tech titles today with a new PB! of 14.731! @ 152kmph

and a very low 2.1 60' time (on street tyres) :D

i only did 3 runs that day the 3rd was a throw away as i got a bad start and was taken out by a guy who just basically waits at the finish line for ya, and then crosses ahead. :evil:

first was 14.87 at 152k's as well...

so happy...a 14.7 and i still need to get a throttlebody and a tune done hehe :D

and sparkplug leads, and short shifter, and exhaust and and and...

the suspension set up and a 5k drop is worth its weight in gold i reckon... :)
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Thats a great time! :)
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Yeah that is well done..

On a side note i know you have probably posted somewhere, but do you know what you are getting ben with nos install
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I've only had 2 runs with the nos & couldn't control the wheelspin thru first & second. Best I managed was a 15.1... mind you I was crossing the line at 160 odd kmh
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

Oh thats right you gotta change the switch so it doesnt engage in first or something. Hows that going have you been able to come up with a solution?
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I keep getting told a LSD will cure most of the issue, so Im on the hunt for one. Conveniently, when the box comes out & the new diff goes in, so does the new alloy flywheel. If I still cant get enought traction with the diff, then yeah, we'll mount a microswitch to the gear selector box so's that the nos +ve circuit is broken when in first.
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

So are you looking for a second LSD or something cause I thought there were a few outfits that can supply LSD for the FTO.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

I want a vR factory viscous type. The after market Cusco / Kaze / Quaiffe are all notchy pains in the ass to use on the street. Some of them can be loosened up to make them a bit more driveable, but I'd prefer the factory viscous type. Plus the after market units are all $1500 + dollars....
I8A4RE
QLD Coordinator

Post by I8A4RE »

So that would be second hand then?
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yep. We can get 'em new from Japan, but thats $1000.
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

Apparently the Quaife's arent bad to use on the street, they reckon they feel like an unlocked diff... i'm trying to save up for one of these myself to replace the cusco one
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

SG wrote:Apparently the Quaife's arent bad to use on the street, they reckon they feel like an unlocked diff... i'm trying to save up for one of these myself to replace the cusco one
Yeah I have heard that, I've also got one in my mini & its not too bad. Is your Cusco one a noisy pain in the ass?
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

It's not noisey it whines a bit when you lift off but i also have a stiffer gearbox/rear engine mount so that transfers a bit of noise... rpw used some special oil to keep it quiet not sure what they used it might just be a bit thicker