* Event Results
* General Discussions

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

RichardH
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Best Quarter Mile Times

Post by RichardH »

Got myself a good ET at the drags tonight, so I thought I'd celebrate with a new Motorsport thread... :)

Elapsed Time: 14.844 sec.
Terminal Speed: 152 km/h.

Model: GPX
Gearbox: Manual
Tyres: Yokahama A032R (soft).
Mods: Repositioned airbox, UAS downpipes.
Stuff Removed: Spare tyre, boot floor.

- Rich
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

omg omg omg omg what would ya know.... i got around about the same!!!!

i got 14.8 as well!!!! woohoo!!

Mods: cold induction pipe with a really crappy air box, and a cat back exaust

Things Removed: half a tank of petrol
...groOl...

08 Evolution X - White
97 Gpx Fto - Racing Red
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

hello!!!

i finally had another run... and with some extra mods.... um this time

i had..
full exhuast
extractors
cold induction pipe
a lot better filter
octane booster
short shifter
racing clutch
and half a petrol tank again...

and i clocked a 14.244!!! woo hoo!!!
...groOl...

08 Evolution X - White
97 Gpx Fto - Racing Red
Camo
Grease Monkey

Post by Camo »

ANBU_fto, where did you do it?

Legal off street drags @ calder?

or somewhere else?
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

ok 14.2 is getting really quick with the FTO!!! Need to see a timeslip!!!
bigpitty1
Mechanic

Post by bigpitty1 »

Holy moly: Those are nice times, someone should just strip all of the interior out and see what time they get.
decked_fto

hahaha

Post by decked_fto »

i ran a 10.82 but my fto is a 4wd twin turbo , trust front mount , t28-60 turbos the motor has been rebuilt buy tonys motor sports to with stand 40 pounds boost which includes boring, stroking, titanium valve springs flat top pistons , titanium conrods and valves...... i have a power fc computer system with a piggy back Estage seris 2 fuel and air regulator , bigger injectors ... not to mention the straight cut gear box with a hks triple plate clutch, semi slicks .... believe it or not i still had all the interior and a full tank of fuel... :) so really my 2.4 litre twin turbo fto isnt your standed mitzubishi
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Pics and timeslip or it didn't happen :wink:
LED ALL the things.
nicholas
Veteran Mechanic

Post by nicholas »

Uhm... that was your first post?

Do you drive the mysterious only Australian 4wd 2.4L T FTO? I'd like to see that mate...
FtoSam
Oldtimer

Re: hahaha

Post by FtoSam »

decked_fto wrote:i ran a 10.82 but my fto is a 4wd twin turbo , trust front mount , t28-60 turbos the motor has been rebuilt buy tonys motor sports to with stand 40 pounds boost which includes boring, stroking, titanium valve springs flat top pistons , titanium conrods and valves...... i have a power fc computer system with a piggy back Estage seris 2 fuel and air regulator , bigger injectors ... not to mention the straight cut gear box with a hks triple plate clutch, semi slicks .... believe it or not i still had all the interior and a full tank of fuel... :) so really my 2.4 litre twin turbo fto isnt your standed mitzubishi

Would love to see pics...

What engine is that?

You'll find a lot of doubt on here till theres evidence... something like that would be hard to go unnoticed by us... Mind you Adz did it for ages.

If you need good deal on photography, let me know.
eThix
Veteran Mechanic

Post by eThix »

and how much spent if u don't' mined me asking?
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

Went to a Test and Tune at willowbank last night, could only manage a 15.64 at 91mph.

GPvR manual.

Nothing removed. more than 3/4 of a tank of fuel (it was a last minute decision).

Mods:
K&n panel filter, HKS exhaust.

I don't think my clutch was helping me at all, I'll be upgrading it one day. At least I'm going to blame it on the clutch :wink:

Although I did manage to get it off the line well on the last run, but managed to catch the rev limiter in 1st, stuffed my terminal speed.

I've got some videos and stuff I might try to get up tomorrow, including the limoter hitting run.
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

Oh, yeah. And no torque steer, despite only being able to reach the bottom of the wheel (see the head room topic). Gotta love the LSD! :roll: :lol:
khunjeng
Oldtimer

Post by khunjeng »

RallyMad wrote:Went to a Test and Tune at willowbank last night, could only manage a 15.64 at 91mph.

GPvR manual.

Nothing removed. more than 3/4 of a tank of fuel (it was a last minute decision).

Mods:

I don't think my clutch was helping me at all, I'll be upgrading it one day. At least I'm going to blame it on the clutch :wink:

Although I did manage to get it off the line well on the last run, but managed to catch the rev limiter in 1st, stuffed my terminal speed.

I've got some videos and stuff I might try to get up tomorrow, including the limoter hitting run.
great work! not a shabby time for your mods either.
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

RallyMad wrote:Oh, yeah. And no torque steer, despite only being able to reach the bottom of the wheel (see the head room topic). Gotta love the LSD! :roll: :lol:
Slap a hairdryer and you get plenty of torque steer :twisted: been in a turbo FTO with LSD and Semi slick tyres on, only good on straight and shocking at corners.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

khunjeng wrote:
RallyMad wrote:Went to a Test and Tune at willowbank last night, could only manage a 15.64 at 91mph.

GPvR manual.

Mods:

great work! not a shabby time for your mods either.
yes it is! i got a 14.9 with the same mods! and just the spare removed... changing at 7.5k...
might just be the clutch as you said... i had a dyno run with a slipping clutch once and only got about 60hp atw :(

how can you get torque steer with an lsd? lsds naturally have that 'pull' from the outside wheel when you turn and accelerate but thats just the lsd. it was probly just crappy at corners cos he had a poor setup ;)
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

Thanks everyone. The more I think about it I think it is the clutch. I couldn't get it to hold it down, trying to hold it on the line at any more than 3k and it was starting to slip. Sounds like time to upgrade then. :twisted:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

SG wrote: how can you get torque steer with an lsd? lsds naturally have that 'pull' from the outside wheel when you turn and accelerate but thats just the lsd. it was probly just crappy at corners cos he had a poor setup ;)
LOL get some power under your wheel and then you'll find out.

Even with something like the new Mazda3 MPS, its got LSD and all the state of the art control system, every review stated its got torque steer like a bit*h. And don't tell me the MPS have a poor setup. :wink:

FF will always have torque steering problem when you run some decent power at the wheels.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

u said it was shocking at corners so i assumed he had a bad setup :P
[the 3 MPS's] Limited Slip Differential (LSD) automatically optimises torque split between the front wheels helping to maintain grip and traction during acceleration and fast cornering.
its got torque steer (in corners) cos the harder you turn, the more power the outside front gets. i was talkin about torque steer in a straight line before...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

WTF are you smoking something? :lol:

I said LSD won't help torque steer at corners, and you said, its because poor setup, now you said you been refering to straight line. You even quote the problem of MPS with LSD, which proven my point.

Its must be my chingrish, i'm so lost what you try to say. :lol:

Anyway forget it, no point talking about it. Most FTO here won't have enough power at the wheel to have this problem.