FTO's in Motor Sport.
* Event Results
* General Discussions

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

smorison
The Godfather
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Post by smorison »

BuCkEt wrote: The backend wasn't the first thing I lost control of.

I got massive understeer coming into the corner and through the apex, sliding towards the grass, so I touched my brakes and tried to turn.

ahhh classic ;)
in FWD cars its soooo important to get the right corner entry speed, one bad corner like the last corner before the front straight and you'll loose heaps of time.

for example on my sh*tty worn out tyres the last time i was at wakefield at the start of the session my mid corner speed was about 80km/h within 3 laps it was down to 65km/h... this was all due to worn out tyres. if i went through any faster i'd understeer the whole way through the corner.

i had a pro fwd guy in my car at oran park a while back and he used heaps of throttle and break through the corners to keep the car stable and on track quite interesting to watch. i haven't been able to develop this to the level i'd like to yet but it was worth 1 second a lap on my fastest time.
SG
Veteran Mechanic

Post by SG »

u guys should practice with different car simulator games...

with very high hp cars and relative realism in the game.. and this works in real life aswell, fwd or rwd... the main thing is doing all your main braking in a straight line before turning into the corner to even the load, cut the corner as much as you can, (and) feather the brakes if you need more turn-in (left foot pref. so that your right foot can stay on the throttle), when you get about mid-corner, ease on the throttle, and when the car is straight enough, use full throttle... this seems to give the car maximum stablilty in most sim games and i know for a fact that braking while turning seems to lower front end body roll... no matter how worn ya shocks are ;)
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

SG wrote:ui know for a fact that braking while turning seems to lower front end body roll... no matter how worn ya shocks are ;)
Yeah, but it's good if you want to get sideways :D :roll: