* Event Results
* General Discussions

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Bennoz
National President
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Bennoz at the Creek flogging a V8

Post by Bennoz »

For all those who like their horsepower then this experience is a must. About $300 bucks will get you 5 laps of Eastern Creek in a 460hp V8 light touring car.

I really had to dig up my old rear wheel drive skills again after many years... not only that, most of my hard driving done in big power rear wheelers was down a drag strip. This is a whole new ball game. You get a half hour drivers breif, then you're onto the track with an instructor. Your connected via the headset in your helmet. With the Recaro buckets bolted almost to the floor, a quick latch up of the 5 point harness & you're away.

Learning the weight balance of these things is tricky... hard braking before the conrner, a tap on the gas & a tweak of the wheel can have you specifically putting weight onto the one rear wheel you need it most to belt out of the corner flat stick... these things have bugger all suspension travel, slicks & a sh*t load of power to play with.

1 lap done slow with instructor guidance, picking your braking points, lines & flat foot areas. 1 lap done the way you like (which for me was sideways most of the way :D ) 1 lap done their way, then 2 laps flat stick the right way.

These things have so much grip its unfucking beleivable 8O
Corners I'd be screeching in second in the FTO, I had the foot flat to the floor, my face flat against the side of the seat, and in 3rd gear at 7000rpm. G forces are something else! Anyway after I got it worked out (and the 10 tonne friggen clutch) I put down some pretty hot laps, lump in pants included. Unfortunately they weren't timing & it was only on the short course, but still.... Here's some pics of the day

Here the only shot of me driving... taking out the cone at the end of the main straight at about 240kmh :D I drove the Super Cheap Auto Holden.

And yes if I was a bogan, I would be a Holden man :P

Well worthwhile, company is called V8 race exprience - www.v8race.com for those that are keen.
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

Looking great Ben,
I wish it was more then 5 laps though,
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Tell me about it! I was just starting to wring the things neck & the instructor goes 'back off - into the pits'

Dammit! :lol:

Ah well, had I paid an extra $150 odd, you can do 10 laps :wink:
mxysxy
Oldtimer

Post by mxysxy »

I need this car for 1/2 hour min,
I reckon that will cost me around $5K :lol:

Whats the next lovey-dovey occasion by the way? I might ask the gf to buy this for me.

Valentines - Fed - dohhhh!
Birthday - 27 March- dohhhh! dohhhh! dohhhh! dohhhh!
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

And we've just missed steak & BJ day too! :lol:

http://www.steakandbjday.com/
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

Yeah looking good Ben, i wanna try too! But i don't have good experience driving rear wheel car, lots in game but not in reality :lol:

Ever thought about test drive a F1 even if you cost you the whole car? :?:
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problem.

[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/79682123.png[/img]