* General Discussions

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Teania
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Anyone up for Racing? (NSW)

Post by Teania »

Dear All

With the 2006 round of State Supersprint Championships finished for the year (we ended up coming 3rd in class - not bad for our first year) - we're looking towards 2007.

We'll be registering for all the rounds again - and see if we can improve over last year.

Do you guys (and girls) want to be kept up to date with when the events are? Costs and Supp Regs?

It doesn't matter if you haven't registered for the State Comp - you can still attend the rounds and race - you just don't accrue points.

Supersprinting is a fantastic way to test out yourself and your car. It's also a great opportunity to learn to drive it better and more effectively.

Does it cost a lot of money?
- It costs a bit - Entry fee depends on the track - Wakefield is cheaper than Eastern Creek for example

NB: It's cheaper than racing in public - you won't lose your licence if you speed on the racetrack, you won't have your car impounded if you speed on the racetrack, you won't risk going to jail if you speed on the racetrack, you are less likely to have a serious accident on the track. So if you are someone that needs to speed - then the track is for you!

Do you need any experience?
- No, there are plenty of people to help and give advice

What are the requirements?
- You must be a current financial member of a CAMS affiliated car club and have a minimum L2S licence (Speed Licence)
- Your car must be roadworthy (no bald tyres, brakes working etc)
- You will need a fire extinguisher in the car, mounted securely
- You need to put a blue triangle on your bonnet above where you battery is
- You will need a one-piece non-flammable outfit eg.Overalls - the good old King Gee's
- You will need non-flammable shoes - something like Leather sneakers with cotton laces as opposed to Synthetic sneakers with synthetic laces

You do not need to spend a fortune prepping your car - however - if you race regularly then you will notice there is a cost to maintain your car (tyres/ services/ brakes)

We REALLY would love to see more FTO's out on the track with us and are happy to answer any questions anyone might have.

Cheers
Tanya & Robert
http://www.motorsportprivateer.com.au/~TEAMFTO

TEAMFTO - Supporting Speeding in a Legally Approved Environment

ps:- If you are someone that does want to speed and race people all the time - then these track days are the ideal environment. Please don't ever try racing other cars on public roads - the conditions are not contained and that is how accidents happen - you could hurt yourself and/or others. That is why they are called accidents - as you never PLAN to crash.
The Ex-Sec
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yep, we need more track action for FTO's. I'll be out there as much as possible this year.
akuma3
Oldtimer

Post by akuma3 »

You must be a current financial member of a CAMS affiliated car club and have a minimum L2S licence (Speed Licence)? 8O
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problem.

[img]http://www.speedtest.net/result/79682123.png[/img]
Teania
Mechanic

Post by Teania »

akuma3 wrote:You must be a current financial member of a CAMS affiliated car club and have a minimum L2S licence (Speed Licence)? 8O
The rounds that we do are part of the NSW state rounds. To enter these you need a CAMS licence and to get a CAMS licence you need to be a member of a CAMS affiliated car club. We're financial members of the Honda Car Club, Ben is a member of the mini club.

Level 2S (L2S) is just a basic speed licence. To apply for one you just download the form from the CAMS website and fill in the details.

There are other track days run by various places, often at Wakefield where you don't need a CAMS licence - you can buy (for eg) a Wakefield licence which lasts you a year from memory.

Cheers
Tanya
The Ex-Sec
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Yep for example, Im a member of the Mini Car Club of NSW which is CAMS affiliated. Then just download the form for a 2S license, fill it in & they'll send you your license :wink:

A Wakefield license you can buy from the track on the day & $45. Its valid for a year (but only for Wakefield)
AJ
Oldtimer

Post by AJ »

Can someone hold down Mrs AJ, while I get the thumb screws on?
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

The only thing i'm a bit worried abt is the fact where if something happens u have to pay for all damages for urself, even if someone else is at fault :?

but i DO wanna take it to the track at some stage though..
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

What are you gonna hit thou? The grass? Its not door to door racing, its timed :wink:
sublime19
Sooty!

Post by sublime19 »

lol ahh icic.. yea i've always wanted to go to the track! sometime next year 8)
I have to work - People on the dole depend on me.
Bennoz wrote:Meet Subby. The class leader & originator of post whoring... Although most of Subbys posts have 'content' :lol:
Bennoz wrote:They especially hate bonnets, they frisbee across the road & behead a pedestrian.
G_A_V
Veteran Mechanic

Post by G_A_V »

Can I go on a wakefield day ? I only have a wakefield license
Also you guys heading down on Australia Day ? they have a big day on then, prob going down to race
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

That was a toss up for me, but Big Day Out won in the end...