Fuse Box / Relay Translations

Post by Supplanter »

Relays (Thanks Phil)

LED ALL the things.
brent88
Mechanic

Re: Fuse Box Translations

Post by brent88 »

THANK YOU!!!!!! This fuse box translation is a life saver. i my reverse lights wouldent work aswell as some of my dash lights, did continuity checks ripped all the centre console outta my car, all the trim where the wires from the tail lights came from and couldent get them working even ran my own seperate wire. obiously looked at fuses first but didnt take em out only checked with multimeter and for some reason the fuse didnt show up as broken. after doing everything i went for a drive and i was stuck in 2nd gear i thought i wrecked my auto tranny just lucky i thought ill just double check those fuses.

number 3 fuse on your diagram controlls heaps of stuff and its only a 10amp reverse lights and the all important speed sensor so i guess the transmission couldent realise that i wanted next gear..... thought it woulda got stuck in first. also tip mode didnt work wich was odd. anyway great post a+!!!!!
nomified

Post by nomified »

Absolute legend!

I was messing around with my fto installing a new sound system when i blew some fuses and i couldnt work out which ones due to the Japanese writing lol.

Would anyone be able to narrow this one problem down for me?

Interior lights are obviously listed for the fuse but my central locking has stopped working also and worst of all the car keeps resetting when i turn it off.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Simon. :)
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

no 4 will keep blowing and cause car to reset every time (10amp fuse)

If it keeps blowing you will have short and most likely would have wired head unit neg to indicator earth very easily done I always create new earth when doing head units or for any stereo install
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
Kustom
Oldtimer

Post by Kustom »

Id check number 5 in the engine bay fuse box, that was causing me the same problems as you (even though un-related to stereo lol)
Taz wrote:When funds allow
Taiwo
Mechanic

Post by Taiwo »

this was very helpful. i found out 3 is what is wrong with my car. mainly the input and output sensor
ImageImage
"Is that a supra???".
"What's a Mitsubishi FTO?"
spetz
Oldtimer

Post by spetz »

Great stuff
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

First of all, great post! Thanks Supplanter!

So both of my reverse lights ain't working and I checked them today, both the bulbs seem absolutely fine! My next guess would be the fuse? If thats the case, I just gotta replace a new 10A fuse on number 3 in first diagram??? (NT-ECU, AIT indicator lamp, Output/Input blah blah blah...)
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Aqua wrote:First of all, great post! Thanks Supplanter!

So both of my reverse lights ain't working and I checked them today, both the bulbs seem absolutely fine! My next guess would be the fuse? If thats the case, I just gotta replace a new 10A fuse on number 3 in first diagram??? (NT-ECU, AIT indicator lamp, Output/Input blah blah blah...)
Change the number 3 fuse first.
If that doesn't fix it, then.........
Check you have power at the globe terminals when the FTO is in reverse and ignition switch to on.
As it could also be your wiring or reverse light switch on your gearbox/transmission.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Yeah I will try replace it first in the following week and see how it goes!

Thanks PHIL!
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Ok... so I just replaced the number 3 fuse with new 10A fuse and the reverse lights still ain't working :(

"...Check you have power at the globe terminals when the FTO is in reverse and ignition switch to on.
As it could also be your wiring or reverse light switch on your gearbox/transmission."

May you please give me more details on how to check the power at the globe terminals...?

Thanks!
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

PHIL069 wrote: As it could also be your wiring or reverse light switch on your gearbox/transmission.
this is what happened to me recently change my switch and all is working its the same switch as a hyundai exel I found out only about $30
gotta get there one day :)
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Aqua wrote:Ok... so I just replaced the number 3 fuse with new 10A fuse and the reverse lights still ain't working :(

"...Check you have power at the globe terminals when the FTO is in reverse and ignition switch to on.
As it could also be your wiring or reverse light switch on your gearbox/transmission."

May you please give me more details on how to check the power at the globe terminals...?

Thanks!
Touch each terminal of a test light or multi meter onto each of the globe terminals, test light should glow or 12V should show on multi meter.
As ZFL45H1 said it is more than likely your switch, which is located on the top of the gearbox.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Before you buy a new switch, I would recommend taking it out and giving it a good clean with some throttle body cleaner or something similar. My reverse lights were not working before, so I removed the switch, gave it a good clean and they started working.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Thanks for all the support guys!

I will try removing it (hopefully its easy? coz I've never done it before...) and cleaning it first...
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Aqua wrote:Thanks for all the support guys!

I will try removing it (hopefully its easy? coz I've never done it before...) and cleaning it first...
It is pretty easy just remove your air intake pipe and u sure pretty much be staring at it :lol: u just need a 22mm deep socket or around that size other then that it's easy good luck let us know how u go:D
gotta get there one day :)
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

ZFL45H1 wrote:
Aqua wrote:Thanks for all the support guys!

It is pretty easy just remove your air intake pipe and you sure pretty much be staring at it :lol: you just need a 22mm deep socket or around that size other then that it's easy good luck let us know how you go:D
Reminds me, I need to do mine.
Anyone got pictures of it?
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

A picture courtesy of mikeey01nzl
I hope I have pointed it out clear enough :lol:
Attachments
IMG00644-20120525-1724-1.jpg
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

PHIL069 wrote:A picture courtesy of mikeey01nzl
I hope I have pointed it out clear enough :lol:
Can't see it :scratch: :lol:

Cool,
Thanks Phil :thumright:

I'll do it eventually. Might check the no. 3 fuse first, just in case.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Good news guys! turn out the switch was disconnected! so i just plugged it back in and the reverse lights work now!

Thanks for the support and suggestion everyone!