Love my tappets

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ZFL45H1
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Love my tappets

Post by ZFL45H1 »

hey guys was wondering if anyone would help me adjust me tappets i know i know its a massive ask i know whats involved S#*t job obviously u will be compensated just asking no problem if not
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Re: Love my tappets

Post by PHIL069 »

ZFL45H1 wrote:hey guys was wondering if anyone would help me adjust me tappets i know i know its a massive ask i know whats involved S#*t job obviously you will be compensated just asking no problem if not
I am going to do my tappets/timing belt when I get some cash, probably after tax return in a couple of months. I live @ Blue Haven so not far away from you. If you can wait, I will be happy for us to service our FTO's together at mine and I will show/help you.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

PHIL069 wrote:
ZFL45H1 wrote:hey guys was wondering if anyone would help me adjust me tappets i know i know its a massive ask i know whats involved S#*t job obviously you will be compensated just asking no problem if not
I am going to do my tappets/timing belt when I get some cash, probably after tax return in a couple of months. I live @ Blue Haven so not far away from you. If you can wait, I will be happy for us to service our FTO's together at mine and I will show/help you.
Ok
I'd be in for that too.
Mine are a noisy bitch.

NSW GPX Tappets Day?!
(a Saturday please!)

Gives us time to buy/borrow the tappet adjusting tool too.
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

yeah that would be awsome i dont need to change anything as i just re built my whole engine (with dads help) lol but he wont help me do it knowing whats involved hahaha so i have an idea but i will need help so yeah im all cool for that i dont know if i can wait till tax time though been goin for a while and lets face it its pissing me off LOL
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

The wait will be the plan for now :D , I have work to do on my wifes car first, IF I take time off at school holidays and are free I will let you know.
Yes Bass_Twitch when it happens you can come too :D
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
bass_twitch
Oldtimer

Post by bass_twitch »

PHIL069 wrote:The wait will be the plan for now :D , I have work to do on my wifes car first, IF I take time off at school holidays and are free I will let you know.
Yes Bass_Twitch when it happens you can come too :D
:cheers:

As long as it's not during July..
Because I won't be in Aus. :lol:
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

This comment was just for ZFL45H1, I won't be doing mine then.
"IF I take time off at next school holidays and are free I will let you know, and again IF"
bass_twitch wrote: :cheers:

As long as it's not during July..
Because I won't be in Aus. :lol:
I doubt I would get a tax return by July, Hopefully August :D
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Anytime u guys wanna do it I'll be ready when the time come is there anything I should start to get
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Nah, not at this stage. I have tools galore, I will just have to make or buy tappet adjust tool when we get closer.
I will start a thread in "NSW" when time gets near and I will PM you when I do.
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Thats awesome yeah keep me posted I'll be there for sure
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

No worries :D
ZFL45H1 wrote:you will be compensated
No need, you will do the work (you to bass_twitch), I will guide you and do my own. :D
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Just a quick question do the camshafts have to be removed
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Just a quick answer, No.

We have to remove engine cover, intake, rocker covers and front right wheel (so we can turn the engine).

Just a quick question do you have a MIVEC engine?
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Just a quick answer again yes LOL other wise I would have to do
It hahaha I know that much
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

One more quick answer MIVEC = GOOD
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

:lol:
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Looking at your avatar, your FTO is yellow, is it a "Car of the Year Edition", with badges on the rear roof pillars?
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Sorry to say its white lol so no its not but I have seen one on central coast blonde babe driver (picture is tricking u I'll have to fix it
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

ZFL45H1 wrote:Sorry to say its white lol so no its not but I have seen one on central coast blonde babe driver (picture is tricking you I'll have to fix it
I have seen it, looked it over and I have talked to the "blonde babe's" boyfriend who bought it for her and he wanted my suspension, extractors, exhaust and wing. I missed out buying it before him by one day, for my wife.(I ended up buying her a 2.5l Vectra :scratch: )
ZFL45H1
Oldtimer

Post by ZFL45H1 »

Dam what a bugger how much was it a do u work near bersons and park away from everyone cause I think I have seen your car