nofearzz
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

keys/keyless entry

Post by nofearzz »

Hi everyone.

I hope somone can help.
I have a 1995 FTO GPX

My keyless entry has gone flat and i'm now on my identical spare one... until that one runs out too...

Does anyone know where i can source a blank keyless entry to program for my FTO... Or from what i have reasearched from this forum http://www.ftoaustralia.com/modules.php ... hlight=key a key with the keyless entry built into it (and replacable batteries i guess)

My keyless entry locked the doors and immobalises my car and visa versa. If i use my key it just locks the doors (You could figure out the trouble i'd have if used my keyless entry to lock and it went flat... I wont be able to start the car!)

Here is a pic of my key and keyless entry.

Does anyone have any info where i can source one, or one built into the key?

Thanks in advance.
SilentBob
Mechanic

Post by SilentBob »

ebay often has these(usually being sold by UK people though)

SilentBob
nofearzz
Apprentice

Post by nofearzz »

Hi Silentbob.

Has these as in the keyless entry in my photo?

I've checked ebay today (internationally) and there are currently none. Does anyone know any contact info?

Thank you for your help so far Silentbob.
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

...ummm, all you need to do is replace the batteries, not get a new key fob.

If you want a whole new key fob, just go to a car alarm place and they'll be able to sell you one. I can't remember the brand off the top of my head, but that key fob is off a fairly popular brand and will be easy to get.

The FTO key that has the keyless entry button built in only works with the original keyless entry system of the FTO, whereas your keyless entry is being done by an aftermarket system, so the FTO key version is no good for you.
MIVEC is My Friend :D
DZYRME
Mechanic

Post by DZYRME »

You can change the batteries on the remotes. By looking at your remote, you have a "Vision" or "Black Widow" keyless entry system. If you change the battery and it still doesnt work, Strathfield sell spare remotes, and they can program the remote using your other existing working remote. I cant remember off the top of my head how to re-program the remotes. But change the battery first, because a new remote will cost you about $70

Seeing that you live in Queensland, try Brisbane Car Sound

Brendan
nofearzz
Apprentice

Post by nofearzz »

thanks everyone.

After i read all your posts i had a closer look at the romote and found out that it does click open and you can replace the batteries... phew!

I was thinking the remote was similar to my 97 Magna that when it goes flat you have to replace it because you cant open the case and replace the battery.

Thanks for your help.. all is fixed now!

***The photo has been removed now***