help!! i got no park lights!!!

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

ANBU_fto
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

help!! i got no park lights!!!

Post by ANBU_fto »

hi guys i got an gpx 97 facelit model, and i just noticed i got no park lights...
do the 97 facelift models have park lights? they must have them.... right? i took it to the machanics and he goes " wow, mate u got no park lights... must be the model of your car or something.... im not to sure about it..."
lol that man was funny.... but yea... help me!!!]

and also im thinking about buy a HId kit for the fto, and im not sure what the fto's needs are..? like the bulb or something... like h3? h4?
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Tell your mechanic that he is blind :twisted: , cause if he look carefully he should able to see that there's a parklight next to the main head light. Cause yours is a face lift, so its different to the pre-face lift.

All you have to do is, turn on your light at the first level, then get out have a look & you should know what i mean. But if you don't see anything, then is either you missing the globes or yours isn't a real face lift model, & just someone updated the front bumper.

I believe for face lift model should be using H4, while the pre face lift are HB4. Take it out & have a look, it should stated on the globe.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

yeh parkers for facelift model is next to the headlight, not on the bottom where all the older ones are...

when he says u got no park light, does that mean its not on, or u actually dont have the globe?? if not, just buy it and put it in...
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

Dam i didn't clear it up, what i mean is H4 & HB4 are for your normal main lights. So thats my answer for HID.
DISCLAIMER: The above text is the personal opinion of the author and does not represent the indisputable truth. The author is not responsible for any deaths, injuries or mental illness caused by the above statments.
thecook
Mechanic

Post by thecook »

isnt HB4 the normal headlight? thats what im using..
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

damn.. im in trouble... crap i really dont now... damn... when i bought the car i thought the car might a face lift mode, now that u guys mentioned it... it might not be.... awwwww :x :x :x :x

damn... mikey says i got a GPX aero series....damn... i think i just have a gpx... alwells... i think i can live without the lights... maybe next time when we have a club thing u guys can take a look at it....??? :)
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

Are you sure it is a '97 model and not an earlier model with a facelift?

The '97+ models have the parker built in with the main headlight (i.e. you'll see two globes when you look at the headlight). Have a look, if you only see the one globe you've got a pre-facelift car which has had the bumper changed to the facelifted one.
MIVEC is My Friend :D
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

thecook wrote:isnt HB4 the normal headlight? thats what im using..
Yes like i said, i'm answering for the HID question.
Chiangstar
Grease Monkey

Post by Chiangstar »

dont you need parking lightsto pass a rego inspection??
ruchi
Oldtimer

Post by ruchi »

you would need them for the car to get complianced, but if the facelift bumper was added after this, then none of the authorities would know that it no longer has parkers.
MIVEC is My Friend :D
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

oh ok il lcheck if its got two lights there...... damn... do i have to install like custom ones or something?
can someone tell me how to get the lights back on.... :cry: :cry: :cry:
FTO338
Oldtimer

Post by FTO338 »

What makes you think you need to install a custom one? All you have to do is to replace it if it blow out! & it will take you 5mins max.

Open the bonnet, & have a good look at it, its not hard. Its basically twist & turn. :wink:
RallyMad
Oldtimer

Post by RallyMad »

Don't forget it could be a fuse or a short in the wiring as well couldn't it? I'd be checked those. Wasn't the Aero Series only in the face lift models?
ANBU_fto
Mechanic

Post by ANBU_fto »

thanks guys ill check it out.... just havent had time lately...