9.5"
jedwabna poszewka promocja

ABS Help

Post by silverGPX »

I am getting ABS Error Codes

11 Front right wheel speed sensor Open circuit
12 Front left wheel speed sensor Open circuit
22 Front left wheel speed sensor Short circuit

I can't see any cuts anywhere in the cables, I have cleaned the sensors themselves..

Any Ideas. All Fuses seem fine.

Also what side is Front Left Wheel is this front wheel from standing in front of the car or sitting inside the car.

Is it passenger or drivers side?

Id also like to add I was getting a TCL Code 31 Front right wheel speed sensor circuit system until i cleaned the drivers sensor and reset the battery.

What is an "Open" Circuit.

Any Help Appreciated.
silverGPX
9.5"

Re: ABS Help

Post by silverGPX »

Also will I have to go for a drive to clear these as doesnt ABS work by the spinning ring?
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

I might try and swap out the Ecu today
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Is it hard to change an ABS ring?
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Nah, about as hard as editing a post.
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Astron_Boy wrote:Nah, about as hard as editing a post.
Do you know where to find new ones?
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

silverGPX wrote:
Astron_Boy wrote:Nah, about as hard as editing a post.
Do you know where to find new ones?
You can make a new post any time you like.
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Well i don't expect any of the P platers to know the error codes. But what's your opinion on this question I put in the original post?

Also what side is Front Left Wheel is this front wheel from standing in front of the car or sitting inside the car.

Is it passenger or drivers side?
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

:lol:
The position of the sensors is based on the layout of the car, internal to itself.

Thereby the front passenger wheel is left.

as for removing the rings, I believe you need a torch to heat the ring, expand it to remove it.
Why the system is doing this? I don't know, I have the same problem, and disabled the ABS because it's not a requirement on my list and replacing a sensor didn't solve the issue either.
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

Anything that relates to left on a car is always going to be the side while sitting in the car. For right hand drive it's the passenger side.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Okay cheers for that, also Astron it would be could to avoid car crashes etc.

Not that you should ever lock up. But you know we arent perfect :lol:

Also would non working abs fudge an insurance claim should u need to lodge one?
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

So i swapped out the ECU and error codes came up with rear passenger sensor was faulty and ring was damaged.

Pulled out that sensor was a bit dirty, had a look at the ring was perfectly fine, cleaned sensor - fitted back in.

Reset battery, started car, abs light on, turn car off check code, rear passenger sensor code again.

Hmmm... so...

Plugged original ECU in, came up with the original codes I had posted before.

I've done a battery reset on both ECU's, and also started car with both ECU's in.

I'm thinking the ABS codes cant actually be cleared with a battery reset , i think you need to plug EvoScan in and clear them that way.

My dad's landrover is the same kinda thing, needs a seperate unit to clear the codes.

Might explain why your ABS never works Astron as there is actually no problem there the code just needs to be properly cleared.
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Thoughts Astron?
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Yep, correct in saying some codes have to be cleared with a scanner and not just a reset.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

I'd say does anyone have an ABS ecu i could try but im afraid of getting codes on their unit and not being able to clear if I havent properly fixed all issues.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Does a GR Sport come with ABS? If so I have the ECU for it and I dont need it so feel free to f**k it up.

Although I don't know if it works. Has been sitting around for ages and I think mum left it in the rain :lol:
I fix cars.
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

Well, my codes actually changed when I did something, and reset the battery, however I also had the originals still present.
So, you could be correct.

Having said that, there is actually something wrong with ours as the system was being intrusive whilst I was driving.
Evening having the car off, turning it on to drive, as soon as you turn the steering wheel to take off, the brake pedal would jam up and the car would lurch.

I also had instances whereby I was controlling how much braking I wanted, yet suddenly the ABS actually locked my wheels up for me.

I can do a better job of braking than it can currently, so I'm safer without it as is.

I could actually try The Lawsos ABS ecu in ours and see if that does anything.... Lawso won't be using it, so...

Daniel: just check in the engine bay, you will know whether you have ABS or not, great big junction box with all the lines going in and out of it in front of the passenger side firewall section.

EDIT: Would non working ABS in an ABS equipped car, void an insurance claim?..................... good question, probably should ring your insurance company.
Last edited by Astron_Boy on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Astron_Boy wrote:Daniel: just check in the engine bay, you will know whether you have ABS or not, great big junction box with all the lines going in and out of it in front of the passenger side firewall section.
Just checked. No ABS junction box on passenger side firewall. Does have a schmick looking wiper motor though :troll:
I fix cars.
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Can u try lawsos ecu? U can actually just plug it in without bolting it up, just sit it in the dash, ecu is accessible behind stereo surround, its the top one
Astron_Boy
Trolling Gen Y

Post by Astron_Boy »

silverGPX wrote:Can u try lawsos ecu? U can actually just plug it in without bolting it up, just sit it in the dash, ecu is accessible behind stereo surround, its the top one
c**t of a job removing that fucker again.

I'm up there this weekend, so will grab the part from the shed and try it one day at work.

Meanwhile, there are a few little boxes from behind the dash, never paid attention, does the ABS ECU have ABS marked on it? or something obvious...