manual gearbox broked

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

JAMZO_wamZo
Grease Monkey
jedwabna poszewka promocja

manual gearbox broked

Post by JAMZO_wamZo »

Hey fellas, few weeks since I posted something up on our forum.

today was the great demise of my gearbox, no idea what happened its being inspected by a family mechanic for free and I'll just be charged for repairs if I give them the go ahead.

basically I pulled in tried to get reverse I hear rattling noises and now I can't put the car in any gears. The gears were sticky towards the end of the drive aswell. I will be away for about an hour so if you can leave any symptoms or guestimates below for me to read when I get back would be great. Don't yell at me about the search function all I got is my windows phone which sucks ass at navigating pages lol.

thanks!

also; the car won't go into gears while the engine is running and the clutch slave moves and pedal feels normal anything else let me know

:)
Hey. Hey fella..
destinationtoby
Broke it

Re: manual gearbox broked

Post by destinationtoby »

Just do a auto conversion
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Selector Bracket
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Tapatalk
JAMZO_wamZo
Grease Monkey

Post by JAMZO_wamZo »

Bennoz wrote:Tapatalk
I don't think that's available on my phone, it pops up on my iPad though...

Some more info i forgot to add, when the cars off the car will go into gear fine (And not feel sticky) but soon as you start it up it wont go in any gear.

mechanic said it sounds like a clutch problem and said sometimes the springs on the clutch can fall off. or some bearing has gone or something to do with the hydraulics :?

That's all ive got so far, im no expert in this field. sucks ass though. Can't even hire a car due to being under 25... load of horseshit if you ask me.
Hey. Hey fella..
JAMZO_wamZo
Grease Monkey

Post by JAMZO_wamZo »

Ohhhkay. My clutch was original Mitsu clutch and flywheel. when i bought it, there was a claim it was heavy duty & Lightened flywheel, but im not to angry about it because there wasn't any proof of it and i got the car for a reasonable price.

Anyway, One of the clutch springs came loose and has been rattling around in their for a few days till it got lodged and caused the clutch to do nothing which is why I wasn't able to get into gear.

So I've now got an exceedy clutch which was $460 for the kit and total price was $1000 including CV boots which i requested them to replace for me while they had the box out.

So if any of you were wondering how it went.... lols
Hey. Hey fella..