Window dropping once at top

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

jackt33
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Window dropping once at top

Post by jackt33 »

Has anyone had this problem, when I sit in the drivers seat and hold the passanger window button up it goes up fine but once it hits the top it goes back down automatically about half way so you basically have to guess when it gets to the top and let go of the switch for it to stay there. Any idea why this is ? thanks
Shhtuart
Forum Moderator

Re: Window dropping once at top

Post by Shhtuart »

Your switch might be dirty. It's a feature of the car though, you just need to hit the button once and it closes and opens a fraction, so you don't have your hands off the wheel for too long.

Mine was a bit sticky so I cleaned the switch and haven't had any issues since.
vanadinite
Veteran Mechanic

Post by vanadinite »

First FTO issue I ever had. My window guide was so badly gone that it jumped off the rail and sat behind the rail basically causing it to jam when it gets to the top from all the strain which then engaged the automatic down feature your experiencing. Yours has maybe done the same. Good luck
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

It does that if its not adjusted properly. There is a stopper that can be adjusted but im not sure which one it is (door lining off)
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    ObsidianRadio
    Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

I had this issue with the black one when I first got it. You'll need to take your door lining off, and check tat all the wheels are on the rails as one of mine had come off, and that's what was causing the problem...
    Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
    http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU