Mist problems on the interior windows

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

jackt33
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Mist problems on the interior windows

Post by jackt33 »

Does anyone know if this is common or how to solve the problem.
My FTO mists up really easily and takes along time to de-mist on the mornings I don't really understand how it can take so long as its only a small interior on the car and I would imagine that the heat from the heater would sort it out quite quickly, also not sure if this is normal my FTO has its radio aerial in the rear window and I wondered if anyone knew if when you put the rear window de mist on this model why only the lower half of the rear window de mists and the upper just stays the same ?
thanks
dstocks
National Vice President

Re: Mist problems on the interior windows

Post by dstocks »

Mist on the inside will be due to condensation on the inside of the car. Either you live in a very humid environment, or water is getting in somehow. As to the demister, sounds like the top half is broken. It only takes a small break in one of those thin wires on the glass to stop it working. I believe you can buy some sort of pen from auto stores that can repair this, but dont know any details. Welcome to the club by the way.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    jackt33

Post by jackt33 »

thanks for your reply, I have just gone online and found such a product so I will have to try it out. Thanks very much
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

No problem ;) .With respect to your condensation issue, check for tears in the boot seal and make sure your side windows make a good seal on the rubber when they are up and slot under the black strip that runs over the window and not outside it (I know this may sound confusing as I havent explained it very well). Another thought is to check that the passengers side footwell is dry (heater core hasnt got a leak) and the aircon condensor overflow pipe is poking through the firewall and not draining into the car.
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      destinationtoby
      Broke it

Post by destinationtoby »

Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
      except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
      FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!