URGENT Help RE: shocks and springs

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

notoriousTASH
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: URGENT Help RE: shocks and springs

Post by notoriousTASH »

I was there when he fit the shock on and the tyre was definitely rubbing, I saw it myself.
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Well you need a different set of rims and tires and or something else is stuffed/bent... There is nothing wrong with the brand new shocks and springs you've got lol
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

Or he's installed them wrong
destinationtoby
Broke it

Post by destinationtoby »

U just need a lower profile tyre....... Or. Spacers will make do, until tyres are ready to change...
Had the same issue on two other sets of rims I've had on my car, a mate with 18's on his FTO had it the other day when we changed his shocks. And so did his brother who has 17's with fat tyres..
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
notoriousTASH
Apprentice

Post by notoriousTASH »

destinationtoby wrote:U just need a lower profile tyre....... Or. Spacers will make do, until tyres are ready to change...
Had the same issue on two other sets of rims I've had on my car, a mate with 18's on his FTO had it the other day when we changed his shocks. And so did his brother who has 17's with fat tyres..
We used spacers and the clearance is good now. I will need new tyres soon.

Car is all finished now. Dad noticed that my car is lower and said "hopefully the bottom of your seat doesn't fall out, otherwise your arse will scrape along the road."