Sub Woofer and Speakers

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

therealtbone
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Sub Woofer and Speakers

Post by therealtbone »

Hey,
I was wondering how hard it is to put a sub-woofer in and also to replace the door speakers?
Has any one done this?
destinationtoby
Broke it

Re: Sub Woofer and Speakers

Post by destinationtoby »

:lol: you ask a lot of fkn questions.
U could of just put it all in the one thread.

It's easy to replace door speakers and install a sub
And any key cutter will copy your key
Because nothing is faster than a p plater in a commodore.....
except maybe a p plater on a unicorn
FTOcrazy273 wrote: Destinationtoby probably has one of THE best FTO's on the forum I never get tired of looking at his pics! Good work mate!
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

destinationtoby wrote::lol: you ask a lot of fkn questions.
U could of just put it all in the one thread.

It's easy to replace door speakers and install a sub
And any key cutter will copy your key
^

This ...

And it is hard for people to quote on things like cost of AC Gassing, as we are all in different states. Your best bet for those is to Google some local air con people and ask them how much they charge... A while ago a law was passed in NSW (not sure if it was Aus wide) that required gas systems to be to a certain standard, and use a newer gas. There was a small conversion fee if your car was not able to support this... So not sure if there were any regulations like that for your...

As well, do not listen to mobile mechanics that come to you. Mostly we find they are unfamiliar with the cars, and charge huge fee's as they are not sure how long it will take to fix the issue. Same as the old safety checks the places do. Where they give you a suspension check for free, but then tell you there is something wrong, and you need to spend 2k to fix it all...

Find a normal mechanic in your area that specializes in imports ...
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

rock_it wrote:A while ago a law was passed in NSW (not sure if it was Aus wide) that required gas systems to be to a certain standard, and use a newer gas. There was a small conversion fee if your car was not able to support this... So not sure if there were any regulations like that for your...
The change from R12 to R134a gas was about 20 years ago... and the conversion cost was massive :lol:
shadowarrior
Tightarse

Post by shadowarrior »

Easy way is to check if your existing head unit has pre outs for a sub. Then buy a sub and amp, some audio wiring kit, 4g is good enough. Run a live fused wire from the battery to the amp thorough the passenger side firewall. Earth the amp to a metal part, the rear strut tops work fine, just scratch some paint underneath one of the nuts. Run the pre out subwoofer rca wires from the head unit to the amp on through the driver's side. Connect the amp to the subwoofer. If it is a 2 channel amp, you can run the subwoofer on bridged mode. The amp will have instructions on how to run it bridged.
Last edited by shadowarrior on Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rock_it
Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Bennoz wrote:
rock_it wrote:A while ago a law was passed in NSW (not sure if it was Aus wide) that required gas systems to be to a certain standard, and use a newer gas. There was a small conversion fee if your car was not able to support this... So not sure if there were any regulations like that for your...
The change from R12 to R134a gas was about 20 years ago... and the conversion cost was massive :lol:
Yeah, I had to do it on my RX2 ... I just wasn't sure when it came in...
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb: