Overheating Problem

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

rock_it
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Overheating Problem

Post by rock_it »

Daniel2019 wrote:Exactly what happened to me. Change your ECU temp sensor and your gauge temp sensor.
Listen to the man...

I had replaced the thermostat, and done a flush on that car he was referencing. It solved the problem (but as I was doing highway driving only, the temp stayed cool) .. Daniel had the same symptoms as you, down to putting the aircon on and the car would never "appear" to overheat.

After 10 pages on his topic, he is saving you the trouble and giving you the answer...
I just had to add it ......
sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
:utbnb:
BobbyJ

Post by BobbyJ »

Oh really? Well glad I didn't have to go through that entire process (hopefully). I have organised to buy a sensor for the ECU, however, I can't find any for the gauge?
Shhtuart
Forum Moderator

Post by Shhtuart »

BobbyJ wrote:Oh really? Well glad I didn't have to go through that entire process (hopefully). I have organised to buy a sensor for the ECU, however, I can't find any for the gauge?

It's a generic part that fits a whole range of vehicles.

MD091056

That's just the Mitsi code, try bursons or even Mitsi Parts at a dealership. Seeing as it fits a few models it should be cheap. Say it's for a HJ Galant.

Should be around the $25 mark.
BobbyJ

Post by BobbyJ »

Okay so those parts are being organised now and will keep everyone updated as to whether they solve the problem.

However, now I have another quick question. Lately I have been noticing some strange noises from the car. At very low revs when the engine is under load (happens whenever i'm getting up the gutter and let the rpm drop to low theres a noise coming from the engine - basically a squeak i'd say. Also, at high revs (above 4,000 rpm) when accelerating a similar noise occurs (less of a high pitch squeak however). I'm unsure as whether these would be related but would this be timing belt related? It was changed less than 50,000km ago. Any other thoughts?
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Check your engine mounts
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you