Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Supplanter
Forum Moderator
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Lost power

Post by Supplanter »

Had the battery replaced last week, and since then my car has no balls. :cry:

Error code 62: Intake air control valve position sensor

Is there anything near the battery relating to this sensor that could have been knocked, like a plug, or the sensor itself?
LED ALL the things.
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Re: Lost power

Post by -Nighthawk- »

Apparently that code is just for the air intake sensor (which it implies).

Not sure how it could have been knocked though, double check the plug wire is in properly. It's located just behind the plenum:

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m3b0s9p63718/ ... _1997_DE3A
Chebus
Grease Monkey

Post by Chebus »

Just turbo it, that should fix the loss of power.
vipfto
Forum Moderator

Post by vipfto »

THIS ^^^
FTO GR-TURBO
172KW ATW @ 11PSI
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

:(D):
LED ALL the things.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Check all the vacuum lines for splits and securely fitted, specially the one going from the MAP sensor the the back of the plenum
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

I am a mechanical newb, can someone explain it to me like I am 5? With pictures?

:lawso:
LED ALL the things.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Post by PHIL069 »

Dummies.jpg
Dummies.jpg (40.34 KiB) Viewed 390 times
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
-Nighthawk-
Oldtimer

Post by -Nighthawk- »

Supplanter wrote:I am a mechanical newb, can someone explain it to me like I am 5? With pictures?

:lawso:
Did you check the plug at the back of the plenum to see if it was in correctly? It's only a visual check, don't really need much mechanical knowledge. You can also do a quick check to see all hoses are connected properly.
Nath
Apprentice

Post by Nath »

I got the same code on my EVO when I bought a new battery. Once you've checked the electrical plug (under your throttle body) you might have to do what I was told by a mate who is a Mitsu expert.
Turned out all I had to do was disconnect the battery, hold down the brake pedal for a few min to drain the ECU, reconnect + then - on battery (had to be in that order for some reason) then turn car to ON, don't start it until you have turned off a/c, stereo etc. Then start car and let idle for 10 to 12 min. The ECU will re-adjust the IACV. If this doesn't work, there is another fix but it is more involved. Or worst case, it got fried when the battery was put in.

Hope this helps and reply back if you have further trouble. Oh and if you really need pictures, I can find a few for ya :)
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

I did a quick visual inspection but didn't notice anything untowards. I will be taking the car to a mechanic soon.
LED ALL the things.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Supplanter wrote:taking the car to a mechanic soon.
Soft :lol:
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Daniel2019 wrote:
Supplanter wrote:taking the car to a mechanic soon.
Soft :lol:
Yet logical for a fast, non frustrating resolution ;)
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

The frustration and the process of building/fixing it is the most fun part :lol:

Now that the car is done I'm too scared that something is going to break or explode or someone is going to smash into it.
I fix cars.
Nath
Apprentice

Post by Nath »

At least make sure the mechanic has an MUT II so they find out what is 'actually' wrong. I've been stung before but that was a very long time ago,... before I knew better.

Good luck.
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Post by Supplanter »

Daniel2019 wrote:The frustration and the process of building/fixing it is the most fun part :lol:
It was in the first few years of ownership, maybe even in the first ten. Now, not so much. :roll:
LED ALL the things.
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Yeah, I get what you mean :lol:

I'll run out of enthusiasm soon enough.
I fix cars.
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Nath wrote:I got the same code on my EVO when I bought a new battery. Once you've checked the electrical plug (under your throttle body) you might have to do what I was told by a mate who is a Mitsu expert.
Turned out all I had to do was disconnect the battery, hold down the brake pedal for a few min to drain the ECU, reconnect + then - on battery (had to be in that order for some reason) then turn car to ON, don't start it until you have turned off a/c, stereo etc. Then start car and let idle for 10 to 12 min. The ECU will re-adjust the IACV. If this doesn't work, there is another fix but it is more involved. Or worst case, it got fried when the battery was put in.

Hope this helps and reply back if you have further trouble. Oh and if you really need pictures, I can find a few for ya :)
Way off track mate.
payaya
Oldtimer

Post by payaya »

Supplanter wrote:I did a quick visual inspection but didn't notice anything untowards. I will be taking the car to a mechanic soon.
Had this fault once car juddering all over the place. The sensor sits on the intake manifold on the drivers side. Black big sensor with two plugs attached to it.

I cleaned mine put it back and no more error code.
Nath
Apprentice

Post by Nath »

payaya wrote:
Nath wrote:I got the same code on my EVO when I bought a new battery. Once you've checked the electrical plug (under your throttle body) you might have to do what I was told by a mate who is a Mitsu expert.

Way off track mate.
Is the position sensor separate to the actual IACV?? If so then yeah, I am way off track :(