front welch plugs

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

Zender
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

front welch plugs

Post by Zender »

does any one know the size for the welch plug on the side of the block near the aircon.....i bought a replcement but it wont go in and the next size down that repco has falls in.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Re: front welch plugs

Post by PHIL069 »

I don't know the sizes but here are the Mitsubishi part numbers, just go to Mitsubishi Aust and get them.
Note: The part numbers start with "M" in the list.
Note 2: The actual sizes could be the numbers under "Part Spec" but I am unsure.
Note 3: Look at the exploded view to find the one you need and then reference that number to the list.

This is for a MIVEC engine

Pics...
Attachments
Engine Welch Plug 001.jpg
Engine Welch Plug 001.jpg (250.01 KiB) Viewed 159 times
Engine Welch Plug 002.jpg
Engine Welch Plug 002.jpg (171.6 KiB) Viewed 159 times
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
Zender
Apprentice

Post by Zender »

any one know if this is the same for a gr non mivec please need to get this fixed as it's my daily and no other car to drive
jamie
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Probably the same, it's the same block. Welch plugs are generic, you can get them anywhere, just be precise when measuring your size.