Engine Noise

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

BobbyJ
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Engine Noise

Post by BobbyJ »

Hey guys,

Recently the FTO has developed a rather annoying noises coming from the engine bay that I have had no luck in diagnosing and could use some help!

I have noticed it only occurs at a rev range of almost exactly 2500-2800 rpms in all gears and is a very high pitch noise - almost sounds like a loose washer vibrating. Only happens when the car is warm. Only makes the noise when in gear and seems to make it both when accelerating or staying within that rpm range. Obviously I can't just open up the hood and rev the engine to locate the sound as it only happens in gear so could really use some advice to narrow down my search.
PHIL069
Oldtimer

Re: Engine Noise

Post by PHIL069 »

BobbyJ wrote: Obviously I can't just open up the hood and rev the engine to locate the sound as it only happens in gear
Why not, I did when I was testing for a vibration from the front suspension @ 110km/h.
Chassis stands and rear wheel chocks!
Disclaimer: Try this one @ home, Do this @ own risk, No responsability taken by me for suggesting.
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol: