Fto won't start

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

zchen32
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Fto won't start

Post by zchen32 »

Help please,

I bought a Fto in the weekend, v6 Mivec manual. Drove it home it ran all fine though the guy did say that the spark plugs need to be done in the future. However it was running fine the time I had it. Went to start it 3 days later and the car starts but as soon as I stop turning the key it dies straight away. I thought that it was out of gas so I put more gas in and it made it start easier but as soon as I let go off the key as you do when a car starts it dies. Could this be an ignition problem or do I have a fuel problem or spark plugs? Please help, I'm based in New Zealand by the way.
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Re: Fto won't start

Post by Vectose »

Stepper Motor.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
zchen32

Post by zchen32 »

Do you know how to fix this and where is the stepper motor located? Are you sure this is the problem?
Vectose
Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

It is a simple fix, it is located just underneath the throttle body and will be either a brown or black colour.

It is two bolts and a plug to remove.

New ones are about $110. I will get the link for you later today when I get home, unless someone else provides it before then.

It is the most common cause of idling problems and a lot of us here have had to replace them.
Bennoz wrote:
Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)
zchen32

Post by zchen32 »

Thanks for the answer, so its not related to the ignition at all? Because as soon as I let go off the key after it has started it will die. I have checked all the fuses and they appear to be fine. It just feels more like an electrical fault with the ignition now. Although the car does have a bit of trouble starting.