Ummmmm little Help Please

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

PHIL069
Oldtimer
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Re: Ummmmm little Help Please

Post by PHIL069 »

Daniel2019 wrote:BTW guys I've decided to move to SA as of twelve seconds ago.
:cheers:

I will look out for ya ;)
mikeey01nzl wrote:Hats off to you too Phil for spending so much time on the phone trying to help someone out, your a top man and only a few would've spent so much time. well done! :salut:
Daniel2019 wrote:Come on phil, we bonded at the bonfire, lets be honest here...me and phil are besties now... :lol:
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Sahin wrote:Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha this thread just got better!
Jack is also a South Australian lesbian, we don't discriminate
You little sh*t :lol:

Welcome to the club, Amy! If you're looking for car meets etc, I've established a club in SA for meeting like-minded enthusiasts (boys AND girls!) called Slow Life... The SA FTO crew are always out at our meets, so you're welcome to join!

www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU :)
Jack

Livin' the Slow Life. 1997 GP Version-R | 1995 GS/GR Version-SparkleFairy
http://www.facebook.com/SlowLifeAU
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

We'll need to organise a special FTO meet ;)
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

1998 Mitsubishi FTO GPVR AERO ;)
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

kiz wrote:We'll need to organise a special FTO meet ;)
I get really excited when new SA members come along... Such a rare breed of person :lol:
Jack

Mitsi_Girl_Amy
Apprentice

Post by Mitsi_Girl_Amy »

Sounds like it could be fun, but ill be taking my FTO off the road for a while i make a few repairs to it and some upgrades lol but how ever i do have a mirage that im happy to bring out :)
If It Isn't a Mitsubishi It Isn't Worth Driving :)
kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Mitsi_Girl_Amy wrote:but how ever i do have a mirage that im happy to bring out :)
Sorry, we're uninviting you now :lol:

Just kidding, what's the fto needing done to it?
There are two types of people on forums; those that give helpful advice, and the others

Mitsi_Girl_Amy
Apprentice

Post by Mitsi_Girl_Amy »

Oh FYI the mirage has a 1.6ltr twin cam turbo charged engine so its no slug :)
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Mitsi_Girl_Amy wrote:Oh FYI the mirage has a 1.6ltr twin cam turbo charged engine so its no slug :)
...HOLY f**k.
Jack

kiz
SA Coordinator

Post by kiz »

Mitsi_Girl_Amy wrote:Oh FYI the mirage has a 1.6ltr twin cam turbo charged engine so its no slug :)
Well by all means, bring that along, it'd be the first time I've seen a mirage worth looking at :lol:

Mitsi_Girl_Amy
Apprentice

Post by Mitsi_Girl_Amy »

150kw/473nm @7500rpm yeah id say it boots along lol never maxed its top speed though, gauge doesn't read high enough :twisted:

The FTO needs barrings and seals but i wanna go a bit silly and up the compression, forged pistons, rods & crank, larger injectors, twin FPR to compliment the already added Xtreme HD clutch, LSD, full port and polish, 10mm leads, thermo block gaskets, extractors + straight flow exhaust, CAI and 17x7.5inch mags with semi slicks :)
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Mitsi_Girl_Amy wrote:150kw/473nm @7500rpm yeah id say it boots along lol never maxed its top speed though, gauge doesn't read high enough :twisted:

The FTO needs barrings and seals but i wanna go a bit silly and up the compression, forged pistons, rods & crank, larger injectors, twin FPR to compliment the already added Xtreme HD clutch, LSD, full port and polish, 10mm leads, thermo block gaskets, extractors + straight flow exhaust, CAI and 17x7.5inch mags with semi slicks :)
Have you ever considered a 6A13 conversion? :lol:
Jack

Mitsi_Girl_Amy
Apprentice

Post by Mitsi_Girl_Amy »

yeah considered it after seeing one on the gold coast, it was yellow if memory serves, she took me for a drive and the handling was badly compromised due to the engine sitting too far forward over the front axels and it looked like a very very tight fit so didnt bother. looked at the 4G63 and 93 aswell had same issue hense why i tracked down the 1.6ltr Turbo Cyborg mirage motor and stuck that in there :) good weight ballance and plenty of room for improvement
ObsidianRadio
Oldtimer

Post by ObsidianRadio »

Mitsi_Girl_Amy wrote:yeah considered it after seeing one on the gold coast, it was yellow if memory serves, she took me for a drive and the handling was badly compromised due to the engine sitting too far forward over the front axels and it looked like a very very tight fit so didnt bother. looked at the 4G63 and 93 aswell had same issue hense why i tracked down the 1.6ltr Turbo Cyborg mirage motor and stuck that in there :) good weight ballance and plenty of room for improvement

I like your thinking :twisted:

Bennoz has done the 6A13 challenge and it's pretty safe to say he's pretty mental :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jack

Mitsi_Girl_Amy
Apprentice

Post by Mitsi_Girl_Amy »

Lol yeah I've been exploring the forum here and id have to say him and i have that in common :) im nuts enough to take a very light car, put a powerful motor in it from a version that isnt allowed in australia due to power to weight and then completely overhaul the internals of the motor, turbo and gear box and then had to have made a custom clutch and flywheel coz i shattered the best ones Xtreme make due to the high torque output, so basically made it bullet proof, and by judging what I've done to the motor its would honestly not surprise me if it took 26psi lol but not game enough to try and the turbo im using wont produce that lol at the moment im currently running 16psi but doesnt need anymore than that really already have enough trouble getting traction even with semis
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

It's not that tight a fit ;)
Sahin
HULK

Post by Sahin »

More weight over the front impacting handling drastically, what a load of rubbish lol
silverGPX
9.5"

Post by silverGPX »

Someones boyfriend is online.
Mitsi_Girl_Amy
Apprentice

Post by Mitsi_Girl_Amy »

Sihan No seriously it did, take a look at the mirage its a Hatch Back for starters so no over hanging boot to help offset weight of a Heavier engine. anyone who knows anything will know weight distribution is crucial for great handling and because the engines sat too far forward the mirage lost some of its rear end grip which for me I'm not fond of tail happy cars regardless of if the are RWD or not :)

lol Bennoz i like what u call not a tight fit, so what would be an LS1 under the hood of a mirage. id be surprised if one fit but it would also be extremely funny :)
Bennoz
National President

Post by Bennoz »

Mitsi_Girl_Amy wrote:lol Bennoz i like what u call not a tight fit, so what would be an LS1 under the hood of a mirage. id be surprised if one fit but it would also be extremely funny :)
The 6A13 comes out of the same casting as the 6A12. Only, difference is bore, stroke, deck height & the 2 teeny little hair dryers hanging off it. Bolts up to all the existing engine mounts & eveything :)
Mitsi_Girl_Amy
Apprentice

Post by Mitsi_Girl_Amy »

are we talking about putting that motor in a mirage?