Remote Key

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

h4zey
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Remote Key

Post by h4zey »

Long story short, my dog chewed through my ONLY remote key and it's not working anymore, I cant move the car due the immobilizer.
Please tell me what option do I have left and if you have any recommendation on who can fix it or how to fix it, please give me the detail.
Thanks
Supplanter
Forum Moderator

Re: Remote Key

Post by Supplanter »

You will need to get a mobile auto electrician to disconnect the immobilser, I can't think of any other options unless you can DIY.
LED ALL the things.
h4zey
Apprentice

Post by h4zey »

so I figured out the way to disarm the immobilizer but for the love of heaven, I still can't reprogram the new remote control that I got from mister minit :(
I tried turning the acc-on 20 times and the off-on 20 times method but none works, anyone know how to reprogram a new remote?
prageeth
Apprentice

Post by prageeth »

I tried reprogramming a new remote too. I tried ACC-ON & OFF 8 times as advised in my system, but it does not go to 'code learn' mode.
An electrician told me that I need to contact the person who installed the alarm. Apparently a specific wire has to be connected to the alarm's brain to use the 'code learn' system. Auto electricians quoted over $100 just to touch the system here in Sydney. I love to see the solution.
bjk
Totes

Post by bjk »

Don't you usually need the old key to program a new key in?
POWERED BY #TIMKNOTTMOTORSPORT: 2013-2016
Image Image Image Image
prageeth
Apprentice

Post by prageeth »

My alarm system is after market. In my case, I don't need the old remote. In saying that, I still have to teach the old remote its new code as old remote loses its code after system goes in to 'code learning' mode. Same way you reprogram garage roller doors.
h4zey
Apprentice

Post by h4zey »

I don't know who install the system since it came with the car when I bought it, which electrician are you using? I might need to replace the whole system :(
h4zey
Apprentice

Post by h4zey »

prageeth wrote:I tried reprogramming a new remote too. I tried ACC-ON & OFF 8 times as advised in my system, but it does not go to 'code learn' mode.
An electrician told me that I need to contact the person who installed the alarm. Apparently a specific wire has to be connected to the alarm's brain to use the 'code learn' system. Auto electricians quoted over $100 just to touch the system here in Sydney. I love to see the solution.
Which auto electrician was that? Did they or you successfully activate the 'code learn' system? We couldn't get the car into a reprograming mode hence we couldnt reprogram the new remote..
prageeth
Apprentice

Post by prageeth »

Ooh man, I'm very sorry for very late response. No mate, I still haven't got it reprogrammed. Alarm was installed by Carbon Car Systems in Blacktown NSW. They are saying they cannot even reprogram a new remote instead they offered me to get a whole new system installed for a discounted price, $300 (installation+remove old wiring). By the way, did you get your issue fixed?
h4zey
Apprentice

Post by h4zey »

Nah, i will have to reinstalled the whole thing as well.. and i wrecked my engine oil some today.. the whole engine oil leaked out..
prageeth
Apprentice

Post by prageeth »

Hi

Did you get your engine fixed?