car will then wont start.

Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

REV555
Apprentice
jedwabna poszewka promocja

car will then wont start.

Post by REV555 »

Hey guys, my car is a project but a pain in the Ass to be honest! When I looked st it it drove and took it for a drive, went back and out it on a trailer to bring it home. Went to take it off the trailer and it stalled (automatic) and sat for ages in the middle of my drive way. the starter motor was screwed and so replaced that. But it is still not working right. It will start one day and not 10 minuits later. and other days it just won't start. Through faults it is 23... But have a feeling there would be more wrong with it... Any ideas? Also, anyone in the south but err area by any chance who knows their ftos? My dad's a mechanic, but a heavy vechial, so not to good with the imports that would be will to give it a try and fix it? Paid of cource? Thanks
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Re: car will then wont start.

Post by Daniel2019 »

23 is code for camshaft position sensor. I'd start with replacing that sensor or your timing might be out heaps I guess.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
SchumieFan
Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

South but area?
REV555
Apprentice

Post by REV555 »

Oh sorry, Burnett! Queensland. Yes the was the next step. but this car is a money trap I swear. Something else will be wrong!
Shhtuart
Forum Moderator

Post by Shhtuart »

REV555 wrote:Oh sorry, Burnett! Queensland. Yes the was the next step. but this car is a money trap I swear. Something else will be wrong!
Welcome to FTO ownership :lol: