Got a problem with your FTO? ask about it here

Moderators: IMC, Club Staff

mezje
Mechanic
jedwabna poszewka promocja

Sunroof, Colour matched interior?

Post by mezje »

Hey guys,

Was sussing out FTOs and I cam across this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sports-Coupe ... 25a21e5fa8

Rims aside, I quite like the veilside body kit, especially the rear bar and wing. However I was wondering is the colour matched interior and sunroof stock?

I think I would be ditching the colour matched stuff pretty quick if I were to buy it... Not a fan!

EDIT: Looking at http://www.myfto.co.uk/fto-colours.htm, seems it isn't a stock colour either...
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Re: Sunroof, Colour matched interior?

Post by Daniel2019 »

mezje wrote:Hey guys,

Was sussing out FTOs and I cam across this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sports-Coupe ... 25a21e5fa8

Rims aside, I quite like the veilside body kit, especially the rear bar and wing. However I was wondering is the colour matched interior and sunroof stock?

I think I would be ditching the colour matched stuff pretty quick if I were to buy it... Not a fan!

EDIT: Looking at http://www.myfto.co.uk/fto-colours.htm, seems it isn't a stock colour either...
Rims are aids.. veilside kit also looks aids in my opinion.. full P plater spec!

Anyway, sunroof looks factory but can't really tell from photos. If it doesn't have the bonnet lines continuing onto the roof then its factory. If it does, then its aftermarket. Non factory sunroof models had those two lines continue to the back of the roof, and sunroof models from factory had a flat roof with no lines. For reference, see photos of my sunroof. Mine had no sunroof from factory so it has the two lines on the roof as well as my aftermarket sunroof.

Color matched interior is not factory and probably looks like sh*t in person.

And nope, not factory color.
I fix cars.
Bennoz wrote:I got Bali beli & sharted on my phone. But it was fun :D
bjk wrote:you old people are no help at all.
mezje
Mechanic

Post by mezje »

Daniel2019 wrote:
mezje wrote:Hey guys,

Rims are aids.. veilside kit also looks aids in my opinion.. full P plater spec!

Anyway, sunroof looks factory but can't really tell from photos. If it doesn't have the bonnet lines continuing onto the roof then its factory. If it does, then its aftermarket. Non factory sunroof models had those two lines continue to the back of the roof, and sunroof models from factory had a flat roof with no lines. For reference, see photos of my sunroof. Mine had no sunroof from factory so it has the two lines on the roof as well as my aftermarket sunroof.

Color matched interior is not factory and probably looks like sh*t in person.

And nope, not factory color.
Thought not, weird the engine bay looks like the same colour, no idea why you'd spend so much on a respray to that colour.

The car has likely been thrashed anyway... 'Vtech'.

While I have your attention I was also looking at: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/deta ... 7313/?Cr=1

Reckon those dents on the rear panel would 'pop' out? How much would I be looking at for a fix?
Daniel2019
Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

I think you'll find that color in the engine bay is the same as the imperial red and the car has been sprayed a color that is kinda close on the outside, that's why it looks like it's been done, although hard to tell without seeing it in person.

That silver one looks a bit hectic spec too. big mitsubishi stickers on the wing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has had a front ender also. Paint doesn't match and the bar doesn't align, and is missing the mitsubishi logo. Does appear to be a genuine facelift though as it has the bar and steering wheel. BUT, can't see the 5th gear on the dash but listed as 4 speed auto (have a story about that... lol) If you can get the japanese VIN then we can check if it's a facelift or not. Has passenger's airbag though so I would assume it's genuine but very easy to check if you can get me the vin number.

As for dents, no idea :lol:

Decent price if it's a genuine facelift but does need a bit of work.
I fix cars.
dstocks
National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Veilside kit in Australia is usually a pretty crap fit. Check the joins between panels are decent in person.Im guessing they arent.

The 2nd one looks OK but not fantastic. Has drivers airbag and has the facelift bar. This backs up the 1999 claim. This also means roof rust will not be an issue (it is in pre 98 models).Few shopping trolley dents in a couple of pics, but looks straight. Fairly stock, so not as likely to be thrashed. Oh has a broken console. But worth a look in person. As Daniel says, check for respray. Lack of stickers on the back of the car will back this up.
Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
    If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
    mezje
    Mechanic

Post by mezje »

dstocks wrote:Veilside kit in Australia is usually a pretty crap fit. Check the joins between panels are decent in person.Im guessing they arent.

The 2nd one looks OK but not fantastic. Has drivers airbag and has the facelift bar. This backs up the 1999 claim. This also means roof rust will not be an issue (it is in pre 98 models).Few shopping trolley dents in a couple of pics, but looks straight. Fairly stock, so not as likely to be thrashed. Oh has a broken console. But worth a look in person. As Daniel says, check for respray. Lack of stickers on the back of the car will back this up.
    Thanks for that, I would definitely give it a good look at, seems there are a few FTOs being wrecked in VIC with consoles in tact, some on eBay too, apparently it is a common problem.

Those Mitsu stickers on the spoiler would definitely be going... And the decal on the front replaced.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/deta ... 1459/?Cr=2 This one looks a lot better for the price but knowing rust won't be an issue would be good...
    Daniel2019
    Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Sticker on boot of that one is incorrect. It's a GPX. Mivec because the oil cap is on the driver's side. Which is weird because as far as I know, that's a GX interior trim and paint color, which is facelift non-mivec.

I reckon that one has had a Mivec swap like my car. Again, VIN would help.
    I fix cars.
    SchumieFan
    Oldtimer

Post by SchumieFan »

Silver 1 is a genuine face lift, can see the passenger side air bag
    Daniel2019
    Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

SchumieFan wrote:Silver 1 is a genuine face lift, can see the passenger side air bag
    Wasn't that optional in pre-facelifts too?
    I fix cars.
    dstocks
    National Vice President

Post by dstocks »

Yep, both drivers and passengers airbags optional on prefacelift. Having said this you rarely see the passengers side ones in pre facelift (not sure ive ever seen 1).
    Complete FTO (http://www.completefto.com.au/completefto.asp)
      If you are trying to contact me and not getting a quick answer, its because im disorganised. Hassle me and ill get back to you
      Daniel2019
      Oldtimer

Post by Daniel2019 »

Yup.. just looks like that front bar has been re-done so may have done facelift swap. Doubt it, but eh. VIN to check for sure just incase.
      I fix cars.
      mezje
      Mechanic

Post by mezje »

So the one I was looking at is in fact a GX, no Mivec has kinda put me off but the car is so clean and a nice low amount of K's...

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/deta ... AD-3301459

My car should be sold by next week :D
      rock_it
      Oldtimer

Post by rock_it »

Daniel2019 wrote:
      SchumieFan wrote:Silver 1 is a genuine face lift, can see the passenger side air bag
      Wasn't that optional in pre-facelifts too?
      The interior is out of a 97+ model as well ... Same as Bobby ... And SRS Passenger airbag ..

I think in earlier years pass SRS was an option, but in later models it was standard... But I am no guru ...
      I just had to add it ......
      sublime19 wrote:Lol clearly you don't know me well enough, it was a joke :roll:
      I talk a lot of sh*t, usually have to keep a roll of toilet paper handy in the car for my mouth :lol:
      Astron_Boy wrote:Hold me Sooty, I need man comfort.
      :utbnb:
      Vectose
      Forum Moderator

Post by Vectose »

That one has a MIVEC engine. Has been swapped.
      Bennoz wrote:
      Technikhaus wrote:What is in said Bens big penis by the way?
      A whoooole lot 'o jism 8)